More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 11:48:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightlife Chemistry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightlife Chemistry  (Read 15990 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Nightlife Chemistry
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 23, 11:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may be a stupid question, but....

What is a "cheese" aspiration and where do you see it in the game?  It's not the same as the new "pleasure" aspiration, is it?  Can somebody please explain? 

Thanks,
Karen
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 23, 11:25:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, I asked this too.  It's the grilled cheese aspiration that sometimes occurs when your sim attempts to use the new reward object to change aspiration in green aspiration state.  All your sim wants to do is serve grilled cheese, talk about grilled cheese, eat grilled cheese, serve grilled cheese to a certain sim, etc, and fears having bad conversations about grilled cheese, burning grilled cheese, or eating burnt grilled cheese.  Gets old real fast. Smiley
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 23, 11:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, I asked this too.  It's the grilled cheese aspiration that sometimes occurs when your sim attempts to use the new reward object to change aspiration in green aspiration state.  All your sim wants to do is serve grilled cheese, talk about grilled cheese, eat grilled cheese, serve grilled cheese to a certain sim, etc, and fears having bad conversations about grilled cheese, burning grilled cheese, or eating burnt grilled cheese.  Gets old real fast. Smiley

Oh....  Thanks for clarifying.  I've used the object a couple of times, but never had it fail.  It's so much easier just to use Merola's painting to change aspirations if you need to.  The grilled cheese thing sounds pretty stupid to me, it's just as well that I've never run into it in actual gameplay.

Karen
nothingbutsims
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 23, 11:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loved it when Skip walked into the bathroom where Brandi was taking a bath, and he had all these lightening bolts swirling around his head!  It's great to see a husband still turned on by seeing his wife naked after having three kids. Smiley

Doesn't that crack you up?!  Or, if one if using the toilet and the other, who has just taken a shower, comes into the bathroom take a shower again just to get undressed in front of their spouse.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 23, 11:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh....  Thanks for clarifying.  I've used the object a couple of times, but never had it fail.  It's so much easier just to use Merola's painting to change aspirations if you need to.  The grilled cheese thing sounds pretty stupid to me, it's just as well that I've never run into it in actual gameplay.
Well, it's funny to see once, and then you're tired of it.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 23, 14:10:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the grilled cheese aspiration for the same reason I like married family sims. Easy to keep in platinum. Married family sims got their woohoo chain for a once a day platinum (twice if you lock the woohoo and save it), and grilled cheese go into platinum by serving grilled cheese to their family. They get the want to serve it, then several wants in a row for serving to someone, and it's fufilled each time that someone takes a bite.
One thing I've noticed is that the game appears to be taking sexual preference into account with the chemistry thing, which it didn't before.  I have a new Sim who so far has only fancied men (he's still neutral in preference as he hasn't had any romantic encounters yet), but in each case although he's found them "Hot", there has been no lightning bolt, which suggests they don't reciprocate his feelings.  I know for a fact that two of them are very straight, but the third is AC/DC, so presumably there are other factors involved as well.  It's a little confusing and it would help greatly to have another sign for "I fancy you but you don't fancy me", so if necessary we could work on improving things.
The scope out the room appears to tell you the most attractive sim in the room. The lack of a lightning bolt doesn't mean it's not reciprocated, it means he's not really attracted to them. The lighning bolts are like all other aspects of the relationship panel, it only shows what your sim thinks. One sim can have a lightning bolt while the other doesn't. So it's not that the other sim is straight, just that your sim doesn't dig him as much as you would think, what with him saying "He is HOT!!" and all.
I'd also LOVE to see a separate bar within Relationships to list all the Sims my Sim is furious with.
Hell Yeah.
Edit:  I just looked at the chart mentioned above, and I am confused because it doesn't list the same things going across as it does going down.  For instance, reading the cheese aspiration across the bottom says that cheese is neutral with anything else but cheese, but reading down from the right it says cheese is also good with Fortune (wealth) and Pleasure.  How can that be?
The chart isn't a representation of mutual attraction, simply what one side of the relationship thinks. A cheese sim will only be good with another chesse sim, but a fortune or pleasure sim will like the cheese sim regardless of the fact that the cheese sim doesn't care about them.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 23, 18:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "furious" thing has me confused, too. I'm a very confused person.  Tongue
The teen daughter of one of my sims is furious with her father and grandfather. They are not furious with her. They have done nothing wrong, either. The only thing I can think of is that she was cleaning up puddles in the bathroom where her dad and grandfather were in a lock-up and both pee'd on the floor. Could that be the reason they're on her shit list right now? Pardon the pun.

And the chemistry thing. OY. Another confusing situation. The same romance sim I mentioned above has a lightning bolt in his panel for his brother's wife. She has one for him, as well. If I have him "scope room" while she's in it, he'll say "Dayna is hot!". If she scopes room, she says "eh.". If I have her ask him "Do you like what you see?", he shows his approval, with the hearts swirling. If he asks her, she says "eh.". Poor guy just isn't impressing anybody, these days! (Coincidentally, he's the original sim that I uploaded for Ancient Sim- the one she was describing above, who was also having bad luck. He's hot, I tell you. Hot! Tell 'em, Ancient! lol) Anyway, they're both Gemini, and both romance. Both have lightening bolts for each other. Both meet the criteria for the other's turn ons. And they're both best friends. What the hell? Is it because she considers him family? He has the flirt options available for her, but she doesn't for him. She can give him a friendly hug and a family kiss. Yet she still swoons over him. I'll bet it does have to do with the fact that he's considered family, now that I think about it...     
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 September 23, 19:11:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing I can think of is that she was cleaning up puddles in the bathroom where her dad and grandfather were in a lock-up and both pee'd on the floor. Could that be the reason they're on her shit list right now? Pardon the pun.

Yup, that'd be it if she's a neat Sim (I think more than 6 points). My friend was playing a dorm and every time she let her Sims go off and do their own thing, they would clean up a puddle and then go kick whoever's ass that left it. And if they lost the fight, they'd get even more furious and try to kick their asses again. They hardly got any work done because they were busy attacking everyone they lived with.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 September 23, 19:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, she's very neat. So that answers that! Thanks for the info.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 September 23, 20:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I'm going to hijack this a little bit with a question. Is "no lightning bolt" a rating in itself? That is, if you have a sim check out another sim and no lightning bolt appears, is this because something is broken, or just because they are indifferent to each other?

Yes that is what it means a crossed out lightening bolt means that they are repelled, no lightning bolt is neutral, one is some attraction, 2 is lots of attraction and 3 means they can't keep their hands off each other and if one of them is maried to somebody  else and the spouse in the same room then you are in trouble.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 September 23, 22:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... and 3 means they can't keep their hands off each other and if one of them is maried to somebody  else and the spouse in the same room then you are in trouble.
Man it sure does. I have a married couple that attracted to each other. The cool thing is that they were this way before Nightlife, so it seems there is a little bit of the attraction system in the base game somewhere.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
nothingbutsims
« Reply #36 on: 2005 September 25, 14:26:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In another post, I said I wouldn't do this for fear of anger/slapping/etc., but I did it anyway out of curiosity - I created two sims who were totally incompatible, according to the chart provided by the Sims 2 website (not sure how accurate the chart is - but it's the only thing I had to go by).  I found them to be very boring in their relationship.  That's not to say mixing up another set of horoscopes and aspirations wouldn't cause some negative heat, but at least this couple didn't exhibit anything out of the ordinary - just plain old Sims 2 behavior.  They, obviously, have a neutral relationship.  This family is playable, they are not dysfunctional by any means; however, they are too predictable.

As far as relationships go, my opinion is there are 3 types:  the good, the neutral and the ugly - the neutral being the more predictable of the three, with really no chemistry at all in the relationship.  It just exists as a 100/100 relationship - a Sims 2 relationship.  The other two, of course, are self-explanatory.

Chemistry rids this game of predictability - whether it be good or bad.  I have to admit, I really had a good laugh watching Mortimor Goth go head-to-head with a townie in a clothing store, with ole' Morty kicking his can and then going after him again.

These are just my thoughts and opinions and I enjoy sharing them with you. Wink

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: