More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:47:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unofficial Bank EP
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unofficial Bank EP  (Read 9170 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Unofficial Bank EP
« on: 2007 February 15, 11:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried this yet? http://www.pc-sims.com/smb/forumdisplay.php?f=172

This looks pretty good, might have to download and try this out  Smiley

Edit - after a better look at all the objects, I'm not that sure about it.  What's with the smoking chair?  Why would you need one in a bank?  I quite like the ATMs and the fact that you can use the bank as a business but I'm still not that sure how that would work.

I notice they also have an Army EP on there.  Can't think why I've never seen this site before  Huh
« Last Edit: 2007 February 15, 12:09:55 by mildlydisguised » Logged
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Re: Unofficial Bank EP
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 15, 14:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It actually looks kind of interesting. I might try some of the objects later.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 15, 15:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never been to that site before.

The Bank doesn't really look all that exciting to me.

Also, what's with all that Rep Power, Rep Points, Activity, Longevity, and Titles galore crap on everyone's posts???

Loooks like a mutual masturbation forum and definitely warrants a "What a wank!!" or two  Wink

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 15, 16:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought MATY had a lot of crap for post IDs but that one is terrible. Seriously, who cares how many forums someone is modding?

eta: Having looked more around that site, it's a very girlie flashing moving smilie kind of place. Too many colours and moving smilies... Hurts my eyes!
« Last Edit: 2007 February 15, 16:48:40 by PandaGirl » Logged

virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 15, 20:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well whatever you think about the forum, this seems like a great project put together. Very detailed and with plenty of nice features. I'm trying to keep my game as much as possible as the original so this is not really for me. Back in the days I would've been allover this tho.

Seems cool.

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 16, 07:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been to that site several times - there are some nice ideas there but sometimes the execution is off.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 16, 10:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I MUST have been to the site before, it tells me that the username and email address I'm attempting to register with are already taken. I don't remember the site though.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 16, 11:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of the ideas at that site are pretty unique. I think that some of this stuff could add a bit more to the game, but overall, she hacks things to give skills and badges without any effort. I've tried her police pack before. I liked that one for my police department community lot, but rarely used it.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 16, 12:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, they do have a lot of fun ideas....but the downloads are very buggy.
One thing I couldn't live without is the cigarette machine!  It works better than most of the others I've some across there, and in an ideal sim world, cigarettes are quite good for you and make you ever so happy. Smiley
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 16, 13:25:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm quite excited about the army downloads.  I already have a few army-themed lots and the recolors look like good additions to them.  Not to mention more army lots.  Cheesy
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 22, 05:22:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katy's stuff at pc sims is good if you're looking for custom items to sell in OFB.  I like her toddler range, which has the toddlers doing the bulk of their own looking after - from eating, toileting, bathing and energy building.  I agree that sometimes it's too easy to gain skill points with her items, but there is so much more to TS2 than just skill-building. 

As for the banking system - I'm a Monique addict, so I'll stick to using Monique's pc,  which combined with JM's money orders covers most sim banking needs.  The only part of Katy's banking system that really caught my eye was the purse and its 'steal' function.  I might try that out if it works independent of the rest of the banking package.

I'm surprised Matyites don't know Katy - her downloads are all free and include functional weather, fishing and farming animals.  The downside to her downloads is the written English - because it's not her first language.  However it seems she is getting help with that too now. 

As for the girly colours and long titles...each to their own.  The programming is good and that's what really counts.  Her hacked downloads are non-global and are easy to use.

(Bloody Matyites...always hating on Non-Awesome modders - grow up!)

happy now :-)
shadeaustar
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 22, 17:56:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used a lot of Katy's and FeeEssen's stuff. I've never really had a problem with bugs so much, but often the items look very odd in-game. It's often very "cartoonish" if you'll forgive me for using that word to describe a cartoon game.

FeeEssen has some very cute toddler toys, that give the same skills the maxis toys give-- a ball pen, a drawing table, etc. but she didn't change the animations from the originals. It looks very odd for the toddler to be trying to force a block through a big, plastic ball in a ball bin.

God created man in His own image. Man, being a gentleman, did likewise.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 23, 00:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see a lot of stuff that fits my playstyle, but the bank stuff and other hacks on that site are full of interesting ideas. I laughed pretty hard at the "wearable by all ages" diapers. For the VERY dedicated skill builder!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 23, 02:42:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The programming is good and that's what really counts.
I dunno about THAT. Just a cursory examination of some of the items reveals some obvious flaws that would never pass QA in my book, the last time I looked ages ago. She's all too willing to let things slide, in my book.

Her hacked downloads are non-global and are easy to use.

(Bloody Matyites...always hating on Non-Awesome modders - grow up!)
It's not that we hate on them, it's that we don't appreciate it when people bring problems they have with other people's work here, as if we're supposed to know what to do with it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 23, 07:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shadeaustar:
I've used a lot of Katy's and FeeEssen's stuff. I've never really had a problem with bugs so much, but often the items look very odd in-game. It's often very "cartoonish" if you'll forgive me for using that word to describe a cartoon game.
  I agree: I tried out stuff from FeeEssen a while back from her old website, but took them out because some of them were disproportionately large and looked wrong, or covered too many squares for my liking.

J. M. Pescado:
Just a cursory examination of some of the items reveals some obvious flaws that would never pass QA in my book, the last time I looked ages ago. She's all too willing to let things slide, in my book.
I knew I'd never get away with praising someone else's work here  Roll Eyes  However, I wouldn't know good programming if it came up and bit me on the bum - so I bow to the Master on that one.  All I know is nothing horrible has happened to my game using her hacks...so far anyway.

J. M. Pescado:
It's not that we hate on them, it's that we don't appreciate it when people bring problems they have with other people's work here, as if we're supposed to know what to do with it.
Anyone who comes here regularly knows exactly what you will do to them and it. Shocked 

On a side note, have you ever considered separating the cleaning function from macrotastics.  I am a control freak - but not to your level, so I don't use macrotastics.  However I miss being able to just click on a sim and have them go clean up.  It's a pretty please request and considering you still haven't given me my placebo thank you button, it's the very least you could do. Kiss  And I know how much you hate smileys - don't make me send more!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 23, 10:47:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, you can install it and not use every single function available if it bothers you that much. None of those fuctions self-activate, they have to be manually invoked. Use the ones you like, ignore the ones that you don't.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 23, 18:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if they don't self-activate, wouldn't that make it "bloatware?"

*ducks*
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 23, 19:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if they don't self-activate, wouldn't that make it "bloatware?"

*ducks*
It's 103KB. It's quite hard to call that bloatware by any sense of the word.

It's a pretty please request and considering you still haven't given me my placebo thank you button, it's the very least you could do.
If these aren't placebo thanks buttons, I don't know what are: and .

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 24, 00:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some good ideas there, and the stuff generally works, but the looks and some of the details aren't great. The farm stuff is still better than Simslice though, and much less annoying.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 24, 01:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Venusy - shows how long I've not been here - and how much attention I really pay to the website - shocking!!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 February 24, 10:52:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YEAH Sandilou, you haven't been visiting nearly often enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wink How's married life in Second Life?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 February 25, 09:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Witch!

Uh!  Telling all my secrets! Lol!  Grin

Pages: [1] Print