More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 19:13:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  SC4 question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: SC4 question  (Read 10982 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: SC4 question
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 23, 13:41:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and propaganda. Kewians cannot be good at anything!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 23, 22:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I completely suck at SC4. But I am a god at SC3.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 23, 23:07:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SC was awesome.
I use to play SC 3000 on my very very VERY old pc (a piece of crappy pc hardware) and I loved it
(That was when I was a bratty 8 year old)

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 24, 00:22:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The money balance in SC4 does seem a bit off - you start off without enough for the basics, and then end up getting more in than you can possibly spend - rather like the Sims, really. I also find large cities tend to end up with high unemployment, but no businesse will move in, even with much-reduced taxes.
I now have SC original running on a BBC emulator, but as it came from a download and therfore without a manual, I have absolutely no idea how to play it. Any tips (such as what the hell the buttons do) would be gratefully received.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 24, 10:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

God the original SC was so simple you can just work it out by poking the buttons.  Really.

My all time favourite was SC 2000 - I played and played and played that.

I didn't like SC3, I found it too difficult but SC4 is relatively easy once you get the hang of it. There were some nice mods for it too - I remember DL a canal system and city train stations straddled over the tracks.

Inteen for AL, yay!
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 24, 13:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sometimes play SC4 without any mods at all, just to prove that I can run a city successfully without going broke--usually I gotta have my mods though.  For me, it's more fun when I don't have to think about money--transportation and pollution are headaches enough--so I have a mod that allows me to start with some insanely high amount of money.  The mod also puts a big multiplier on the incoming taxes, and I wish it didn't do that, but I don't know how to change it.  I wind up setting all the tax amounts to 1% just so that it's not always operating in the black. (I got the mod at Simtropolis--can probably find a link for it if anyone who is tired of running out of money quickly wants it.  My version is for SC4 with RH, but I think there is one there for SC4 only, as well.

Actually now that I think about it, even when I don't have in the simoleon mod, I still have to have the network add-on mod and the fix to prevent the opera house from trashing the entire education system, so I guess I can't play with "no mods at all."  Hmm.

For me SC3 was the easiest of them all.  For SC2000 I had to use the funds cheat most of the time, but with SC3 it was just a matter of accepting a couple of the deal offers early on and demolishing them once the city could support itself.  I still liked some of the cheats though, particularly the one that caused ALL industries to be high tech.  And the "call cousin vinny" thing--I think that's SC3 and not SC2.  Huh
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: