More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:30:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  default hair problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: default hair problem  (Read 4326 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
default hair problem
« on: 2005 September 25, 22:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has this happened to anyone else,  you know the new hair in NL with the bow in it,  well I noticed that when this townie came to visit who had that hairdo, when she got in the hot tub it turned into a ponytail and stayed that way and then when I saw her again downtown in her normal clothes it was the bow hair.

so, I tried an experiment and I made 4 ladies all with the new uni bow hair and I put them on an empty lot, they all had default clothes and no user  created make-up.

so, I put a hot tub on the lot and as soon as they got in their hair turned into a ponytail.  Did Maxi make it that way?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/shortgal/weirdhair.jpg                         
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: default hair problem
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 25, 23:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

never used it yet...  I'm thinking the bow isn't actually part of the hair, but is actually a hat - what happens when they change to pjs, formal, underwear?  or it could just be that the water in the hot tub makes that fancy do go limp...

Ness
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 25, 23:19:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

never used it yet...  I'm thinking the bow isn't actually part of the hair, but is actually a hat - what happens when they change to pjs, formal, underwear?  or it could just be that the water in the hot tub makes that fancy do go limp...

Ness

Nope.  You have it right.  The bow stays on for formal, but for PJ's, Undies, Swimwear, and Athletic wear it turns into a pony tail.  It makes sense considering the length of the bow.

What doesn't make sense is the "Countess" hair losing a foot and a half when changing outfits.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 25, 23:40:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Extensions, perhaps?

This sort of behavoir is normal for any hair that includes a hat. It changes to another standard hairstyle when sim is dressed in a way that would be ludicrous to have a hat on.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 26, 04:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually would like my hat-wearing sims to keep their hats on at certain times that the game takes them off. Like when they work out. I've been wondering if there's anyway to change that? Ditto for the glasses. 
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 26, 10:59:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks everybody I thought it was just me, but actually the hairdo does not look like a hat to me,  I thought it was a bow in her hair.   Oh, well silly me,  that what I get for thinking.  Grin
snazza
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 26, 12:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the hairstyles looked insane enough from the catalog but apparently that is only the beginning.  Kiss
Azkar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 26, 18:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks everybody I thought it was just me, but actually the hairdo does not look like a hat to me,  I thought it was a bow in her hair.

It's not that it is a hat, the game just treats it as a hat, since it would be a little silly to sleep or go swimming with that massive thing on your head Smiley.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: