More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:31:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maybe Bella isn't as dead as some of us would like to think.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maybe Bella isn't as dead as some of us would like to think.  (Read 17267 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Maybe Bella isn't as dead as some of us would like to think.
« on: 2005 September 24, 03:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had Mortimer and Dina get married, with only Cassandra and Alexander sitting there and watching.  (used the same wedding arch that Cassandra tried to marry Don with)  And they both did that reaction of seeing a parent cheat on the other parent. 

Now I did the same thing a few times before NL and all they did was sit there and clap.  Because for all intents and purposes, Bella IS dead.  But now it seems they think she's still alive and still married to Mortimer.  Now their relationship with Morty is tanking and they don't like Dina worth a frick.

*sigh* Looks Like I'll have to keep their romantic escapades behind closed doors.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Re: Maybe Bella isn't as dead as some of us would like to think.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 24, 03:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a sim and her children convinced that she was cheating on her dead husband. And this was pre Uni, so he was DEAD, foo'. But she was a family sim, so being unmarried was deeply disturbing to her.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 24, 17:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a post on the BBS a few hours ago, where when using the Matchmaker with Don Lothario, Bella had appeared as a "Dream Date". It could be the usual BBS-Bella lies, but maybe something in Bella's character file has changed post-Nightlife, which makes Cassandra and Alex think Mortimer is cheating. But the Goth's are quite strange; I brought Bella "back" a while ago in SimPE and remarried Bella and Mortimer. They were sleeping in bed together and Alex walked by to go to the bathroom, and started freaking out with "cheating" - though both were his parents and married.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 24, 20:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah right and Bella popped out of my ass just now. I'm calling bullshit on that one. Those twerps got nothing better to do but to make up lies about some video game character.  Angry

*edit: By the way, I just checked in SimPE and Bella's character in Pleasantview is unlinked. And this from doing fresh install of TS2 > Uni > NL recently and I haven't even touched Pleasantview once. So unless this person was doing some hacking around with the character files, I don't see how that would be possible.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 24, 20:58:07 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 25, 02:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah right and Bella popped out of my ass just now.
Hehehehe.   Cheesy

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 25, 08:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anyone noticed that Bella is the only townie with make up on? not that it matters or anything..

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 25, 15:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah right and Bella popped out of my ass just now. I'm calling bullshit on that one. Those twerps got nothing better to do but to make up lies about some video game character.  Angry

*edit: By the way, I just checked in SimPE and Bella's character in Pleasantview is unlinked. And this from doing fresh install of TS2 > Uni > NL recently and I haven't even touched Pleasantview once. So unless this person was doing some hacking around with the character files, I don't see how that would be possible.

Thanks, I thought as much but since I'm holding off on Nightlife I had no way to verify.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 25, 15:11:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

has anyone noticed that Bella is the only townie with make up on? not that it matters or anything..

Actually quite a few of the new Nightlife downtownies have makeup on now. There's a number of elder downtownies too, which is also something that didn't exist before.

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 25, 17:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those townies were specifically created in BodyShop or CAS by Maxis and imported into the game with their NPC/Townie maker.  Makeup, costume makeup, facial hair, and stubble are still not included in a randomly generated sim, and for good reason.  Since the game already can't distinguish pleasing eye combinations, imagine if it was randomly applying make-up to the women!  And yet there are several downtownies that have these categories of stuff.  Well maybe not facial hair, but I've spotted a number of male downtownies with stubble.

The whole issue with the Goth family really annoyed me from the beginning.  So I used SimPE to export the family's templates to BodyShop.  I made new versions of each family member (except Alexander), set them to the ages they were in the Sims 1, and brought them in as a new family into the game.  I had the old Mortimer befriend the younger one, have him and his family move into the mansion, then moved out the old Goths and deleted them from the family bin.  Deleted all the tombstones too.

So I've been playing the new Goths with none of the Don Latherio intrigue or anything like that.  I got rid of all the other default playable households except for the Pleasants.  My Bella and Mortimer have had quite a nice life.  Mort is still a scientist.  Bella is a model.  Both are pretty close to turning into elders now.  Cassandra went through college and married another local rich boy (they have a daughter now).  Mort and Bella also had two sons in the game -- Nicholas (adult) and Jeffrey (teen) -- who are both FAR better looking than Alexander ever was!
bluecatvon
Feckless Fool

I'm so handsome

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 25, 17:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... Bella is a model...

wow, is this a new career track in NL?

Our Creator was bored. Our Creator made humans. Our Creator loves Sims 2!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 25, 17:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightlife has no new careers.

Model is one of the stages of the showbizz career that comes with Uni. Of course, you probably will never see the first 6-8 levels of any Uni career because of the way Maxis coded it.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 25, 21:17:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wow, is this a new career track in NL?

Although Jordi pointed out there's a model job in the showbiz career, I actually downloaded the modeling career from MTS2.  I had several households that I didn't want to touch until the issue of custom careers had been resolved because I didn't want sims to lose their existing jobs, but I heard from several people at custom careers weren't causing any conflicts, so I restored them to my game.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 25, 21:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think those townies were specifically created in BodyShop or CAS by Maxis and imported into the game with their NPC/Townie maker.  Makeup, costume makeup, facial hair, and stubble are still not included in a randomly generated sim, and for good reason.  Since the game already can't distinguish pleasing eye combinations, imagine if it was randomly applying make-up to the women!  And yet there are several downtownies that have these categories of stuff.  Well maybe not facial hair, but I've spotted a number of male downtownies with stubble.

That makes sense. I was wondering why none of the downtownies are freakishly hideous like random generated townies tend to be. You should have seen some of the creatures University gave me. I had that surgery machine working overtime.

JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 26, 00:23:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had a very funny experience tonight. I have just installed Nite-life and restarted all my neighbourhoods.  So I start with the Brokes, get them sorted, Brandi started out at the next to top job in the Catering career. Hired a nanny and moved here in.  Started playing with the teleporter bush, and saw Bella Goth listed as a townie. I thought it was a bit weird, anyway I moved her in. She had memories of Cassie getting left at the altar and Alexander getting A+. Got her to grab the paper and find her own place. I then moved her in with the family. Mortimer told her the marriage was over (wedding rings red xed) and asked about the rocket.

Anyway I left the lot and saved it. When I went back in Bella was invisible, and I got the message to say that Bella had died on another lot. Sent Cassie straight to the Reserect-tron and called GR. Paid full amout to have her reserected. GR  obliged, and told me not to let her die again.  Bella and Morty are now engaged, funnily enough there relationship scores are 100/50, and I don't see how he got the option to propose, but he did.

Just wondered, what has Maxis done to make her a playable character?

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 26, 00:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... I used SimPE and the teleport bush to bring Bella back (just long enough to kill her off and have a Bella-ghost floating around Alexander's replica Sims 1 Goth Manor).  Alexander tried to resurrect her but Grim said he didn't know anybody aside from Mortimer who had died.  Same deal with Alex's son Julius, who did have a 'Met Bella' memory because she held him once as a baby.

(Edit: This was all pre-Nightlife)

I might try it next time I go into Alex and Meadow's family again and see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 26, 00:46:31 by VECKI » Logged

<insert witty comment here>
HRH Posie
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 26, 00:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe I remember MaxoidTom mentioning that some of the sims are now listed incorrectly.  Therefore I guess Bella is no longer an unlinked character meaning that you can now resurrect her with the grim phone.  If I find the post I'm thinking about I'll reference it here Smiley

"Does nothing work outside of London? Hmm? Apparently not." Natasha Glenville, Bridget Jones
JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 26, 00:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I moved Bella back, she and Alex had a high relationship, played redhands and tickled each other before he went to bed. Cassie and she had a good gossip, had expresso and had a meal together. I was really suprized that the relationship scores were as high as they were. Daily was at 100 before I left the lot.

Edited to say I have never used Simpe, and at I took one look at it and decided that I could only understand about half of it so I left it alone.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 26, 01:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That makes sense. I was wondering why none of the downtownies are freakishly hideous like random generated townies tend to be. You should have seen some of the creatures University gave me. I had that surgery machine working overtime.

Oh god, don't get me started with the looks of my college crowd in the game.  Tongue

Honestly I'd swear the evil mascot was running around beating students with the ugly stick.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 26, 01:43:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had a very funny experience tonight. I have just installed Nite-life and restarted all my neighbourhoods.  So I start with the Brokes, get them sorted, Brandi started out at the next to top job in the Catering career. Hired a nanny and moved here in.  Started playing with the teleporter bush, and saw Bella Goth listed as a townie. I thought it was a bit weird, anyway I moved her in. She had memories of Cassie getting left at the altar and Alexander getting A+. Got her to grab the paper and find her own place. I then moved her in with the family. Mortimer told her the marriage was over (wedding rings red xed) and asked about the rocket.

Anyway I left the lot and saved it. When I went back in Bella was invisible, and I got the message to say that Bella had died on another lot. Sent Cassie straight to the Reserect-tron and called GR. Paid full amout to have her reserected. GR  obliged, and told me not to let her die again.  Bella and Morty are now engaged, funnily enough there relationship scores are 100/50, and I don't see how he got the option to propose, but he did.

Just wondered, what has Maxis done to make her a playable character?

Wow, weird! I had noticed that certain previously unresurrectable dead (Ophelia Nigmos' parents, Lyla Grunt, Skip Broke, etc.) are now resurrectable but I didn't realize stuff could be done with the Pleasantview Bella now. I've seen "Bella clone" partying it up in the downtown Strangetown nightclubs. I wonder if she'll start wandering around like a regular townie or if you have to do certain stuff like the teleporter bush to get her to appear. Could she actually show up as a blind date from the matchmaker? Or will we see her in one of the nightclubs, spinning in that orb thing? I wonder if this means the BBS will be spammed more with Bella threads. *shudders* Should make for some really interesting game play. I'm still undecided as to whether I should leave her in permanent limbo or not.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 26, 03:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, just to stop all the dumbassed Bella rumors yet again (sheesh, this has been going on a for a year). Bella is still unlinked with Nightlife. They did nothing, either accidental or on purpose, to enable her character.

Don't believe me? Go have a look in SimPE.

JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 26, 06:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to treat that remark with the contempt it deserves.

Yes Cabelle, I noticed that Cassie could have reserected most of the deceased in Pleasantveiw, and if you have noticed it in Strangetown I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you can now move the graves. When you do that the ghost waves goodbye to the family before they depart, so THEY must have altered something.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 26, 06:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am going to treat that remark with the contempt it deserves.

And I'm supposed to care? Oh, sorry let me break out the tears.  Cry

Roll Eyes

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 26, 06:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, this is something that changed for Nightlife. "Linked" is now defined as Neighbor's Object Definition type (0x9) == 17 (not neighbor's person data Unlinked? (0xA5) == 0), so SimPE is not reliable in this case.

EDIT: Neighbor's Object Definition type (0x9) != 17 (read the code wrong) Tongue
« Last Edit: 2005 September 26, 07:01:18 by dizzy-two » Logged

JoanE
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 September 26, 06:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, so they did change it, Posy thought that she'd seen it somewhere in one of Maxoid Tom's posts. Now I have a dilema, do I re-marry them or have Bella go of and do her own thing?  Actually I may do both, as I have two playable games apart from my building one.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 September 26, 07:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just checked out Bella's character file, and her type = 2, so Bella is definitely not unlinked anymore.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: