More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:09:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "Object Error" when loading lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Object Error" when loading lots  (Read 5570 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
"Object Error" when loading lots
« on: 2005 October 25, 19:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all. Wondering if anyone might be able to help me on this. Sunday, I went on a downloading spree, as I do every Sunday Grin

Anway, after starting up the game and loading a family to place them in the neighborhood, I got an Object Error. The only option I had to get rid of it so the lot would load was "delete". Cancel and Reset did nothing. This is what the error says:

Error occurred in object "Job Data-Teen Elder-Athletics" 235. Error: Invalid Constant. Stack trace saved in C:/Doc/name/My Doc/EAgames/TheSims2/Logs/Object Error._Noo1_t########.txt." (This number changes of course, depending on what lot I am loading.) Happens on all lots, including downtown.

Once I got into a lot, I noticed Don Lothario had a want to retire and have a family reunion, although he is 22 days from being an elder. I moved him, bull dozed the lot and those wants went away. Not sure if that's relevant or not. Undecided

I thought at first it might be the sitter1f. of dizzy's, so I removed it, but no change. The error continues to pop up.

I decided to post here for possible solutions before removing all of my downloads. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: "Object Error" when loading lots
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 25, 20:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all. Wondering if anyone might be able to help me on this. Sunday, I went on a downloading spree, as I do every Sunday Grin

Anway, after starting up the game and loading a family to place them in the neighborhood, I got an Object Error. The only option I had to get rid of it so the lot would load was "delete". Cancel and Reset did nothing. This is what the error says:

Error occurred in object "Job Data-Teen Elder-Athletics" 235. Error: Invalid Constant. Stack trace saved in C:/Doc/name/My Doc/EAgames/TheSims2/Logs/Object Error._Noo1_t########.txt." (This number changes of course, depending on what lot I am loading.) Happens on all lots, including downtown.

Once I got into a lot, I noticed Don Lothario had a want to retire and have a family reunion, although he is 22 days from being an elder. I moved him, bull dozed the lot and those wants went away. Not sure if that's relevant or not. Undecided

I thought at first it might be the sitter1f. of dizzy's, so I removed it, but no change. The error continues to pop up.

I decided to post here for possible solutions before removing all of my downloads. Thanks in advance for any insight.
That's odd. I got the same error with "JobData - Adult - Law Enforcement". I've attached an error log, but I don't know if it will help in this situation.

[attachment deleted by admin]

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 25, 20:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing like posting a problem to bring out the detective in me Tongue

I removed my Downloads4 folder (the last "batch" of downloads) and the problem disappeared. I put it back, the problem reoccurred. So that narrowed it down at least. I then arranged all the files by date modified and at the top of the list was SaramkirkChildCareTeen.package. I removed it on a hunch. Relaunched the game and now all is well.

That's what I get for downloading willy-nilly. I normally add things one at a time, but I had so many things collected to d/l; I added them all at once.

Anyway, problem solved for me. Venusy, do you have this particular download? I don't recall where I got it.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 25, 20:40:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never heard of that file, and it doesn't appear to be in my downloads folder. Was that a hack or a career? If it was career, I bet that the problem was me downloading a few Uni careers a few days ago from MTS2. Now I've got to find which the less awesome than this career is...

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 25, 20:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know! I have never knowingly downloaded careers yet, so I am assuming it was some sort of babysitter hack.

The only babysitter hack I was aware of in my game was dizzys sitter1f and as far as I know the two are not related. At any rate, I removed both of them, to be on the safe side.

Edit: I just noticed we have a SaraMK here as a member. Maybe it is hers?

Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 25, 21:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the problem file in my game: TS2UAdultPsychologyCareer.package.
I'm not sure why it caused a conflict with the default Law Enforcement career, or why TS2UTeenPschologyCareer.package doesn't cause a conflict with the teen law enforcement career.

And yes, it might be SaraMK's hack. Maybe you should ask her about it.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 25, 21:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you found your problem as well. I don't understand the conflict either.

I will PM Sara, thanks for suggesting it. Smiley

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 26, 08:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem probably arises because Maxis shove too many constants into one BCON.  So if a hacker wants to change the behaviour of something by editing a constant value, he or she ends up with a file that contains constants for all sorts of other things.  Then when another hacker makes something that needs one of those constants, they are overridden unintentionally by the person who made the unrelated hack.

That's why I nearly always go straight for the BHAV and change the value to a literal in there.   I think where BCONs are involved it's better just to tell people which one to edit locally, so they can combine the tweaks as they wish.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 26, 19:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turns out it was Sarak's and was intended for the base game only. I still don't know how I got it, but alls well. Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: