More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:12:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Life Stories - Get the Stuffeths here!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories - Get the Stuffeths here!  (Read 164606 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Life Stories - Get the Stuffeths here!
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 19, 19:12:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley At least I have the files in a special folder I've created

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 February 19, 19:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I made sure to download all of the files just in case.  Wink
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 19, 19:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually uploaded them onto a yahoo group
it's: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TS2LSpack/
it's for those that don't have the LS to TS2 converted objects

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 19, 23:50:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah the copyright thing is weird. They don't own the items so can't make any statements on copyrights. If anyone were to steal "my" update for the Alienware computer for example, I would be pissed, but can't do anything about it. I don't own the original copyright to the EAMaxis items (neither does Numenor), so I can't make up a copyright statement for it either.
Never mind the fact that the only copyright statement we do have clearly gives it to EAMaxis for not just their own items, but also all deritive works.

You didn't read all of his post if you think that his policy on these items was for no reason.  He stated explicitly (in the post that is now gone) that he was restricting the use of these objects because he wasn't sure whether EA/Maxis would let them be posted.  If EA/Maxis told MTS2 to take them down, Numenor wanted there to be no copies of the stuff he converted floating around, so that he could assure the nasty lawyers that it was all gone.  His policy with the stuff he makes himself is much more liberal.

I'm not quite sure I understand the snarky attitude towards Numenor that I've seen many of the people here display.  Yeah, he has a  big ego, but as far as I can tell, it's justified -- he does have skills that most of the community does not have.  Of course, Pescado has those skills, too, but as far as I can tell, no one's ever called HIM humble, either. :-)  Last I heard, he was King of the Lip-Rippers. :-)

I'm grateful that Numenor does what he does and makes it available, and I'm grateful that Pescado does what he does and makes it available (and TwoJeffs and Squinge and Monique and Inge Jones and ChristianLov, etc.).  I'm a shrink, and a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology will not get a person many programming skill points. :-)

And I guess now I'm grateful for Malaysia. :-)

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 20, 00:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://bluesoup.org/forum/showthread.php?t=45

I removed the stuff from the first post here.  Either get the Numenorian version from the link above, or get Pescado's version.

Edit:  And you shouldn't need to register or download, so don't register just because, only register if you can be non-stupid.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 20, 01:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chienne: sorry, but that is naive. Either you can claim copyright or not--and since Num doesn't own the original copyright in the first place, he cannot claim further rights on it. You can't say "I will remove it if the owner complains" and follow it up with "this is mine, all mine".

I'm not saying Num isn't entitled to ask for people not to further redistribute his mods, but he has absolutely no way to stop this. The only copyright statement which applies to anything TS2 related is the one that is given by EAMaxis, which specificially claims copyright for themselves not just for their own works, but also all derivative works. This is why paysites have no rights at all (even asides from the issue that their works usually are based on stolen meshes and other people's work -- at the very least they depend on SimPE!).

Num's blanket statement claims full copyright for the entire works, not just his modifications. I am grateful for his work, but I disagree with his copyright statements. Fortunately since we have one from EAMaxis which conflicts with Num's, his copyright claims are invalid.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 February 20, 05:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure Numenor posts those notices cut-and-paste, plus Numenor is not a native English speaker and may or may not realize how officious and obnoxious the tone of his notices are.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 February 20, 05:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-native English is no excuse. English isn't my first or even second tongue, and I catch the smug tone of his posts immediately.
A cut-and-paste notice which is not checked for applicability becomes as meaningless as a forum signature.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 February 20, 08:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi, you're talking about the letter of the law, and I'm talking about something else.  Numenor did something that he knew might get him in hot water, so he tried to cover his ass by telling people not to use them anywhere else.  Yes, I understand that Numenor does not own the copyright to the stuff, but there's such a thing as moral suasion.  I think you're reading letter of the law while missing intent.

Anyway, I don't intend to argue this anymore; people who have a chip on their shoulder about Numenor can take it up with him, not me.  Not only am I not Numenor, but I don't even play him on TV. :-)

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 February 20, 10:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A cut-and-paste notice which is not checked for applicability becomes as meaningless as a forum signature.
You mean sort of like my notice not to short-circuit, put in backwards, or dispose of in fire? Maybe that's Numenor's signature.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 February 20, 13:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The truth is, Numenor has the right to request anything he wants.  And everyone else has the right to ignore that request or follow it, as they please.  Wink Since it's unenforceable even if he had legal rights to it, let alone without them, why get all worked up about it?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 February 20, 14:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally have nothing against Numenor at all - however, I'm still going to offer all of the conversions at my site because EA can't force me to take them down.

For one, I don't live in the States, and for two - neither does my site. Cheesy
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 February 20, 16:03:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still going to offer all of the conversions at my site because EA can't force me to take them down.

For one, I don't live in the States, and for two - neither does my site. Cheesy

Maybe we should be calling you Robin Hood instead of Blue Soup. :-)

Thanks for the booty, Robin!

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 February 20, 17:27:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand the fuss EA made about the published objects, because exactly the published objects made me run to the store and buy Life Stories, when I didn't have any intention to buy this game.

I wouldn't buy the LS,  without testing these objects in my TS2 game.

The furnishing objects were quite ugly and not attractive. But the "present" objects were cool, especially the new statues and the computer. So were the new carreers.

I was quite dissapointed to realize, that I can't use them in LS - only if I get them as a present, and so far I didn't get even one of them. But I enjoy playing the game.

I think Numenor, and the Bluesoup's "hidden" friend, made an awesome publicity   of Life Stories, persuading players to buy the whole game.

Pity that EA management didn't understand it from the first glance.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 February 23, 16:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want floors from LS?
Floors has been uploaded onto the yahoo group, claim them now!
Note: you might want to have IE to download them. furry fox compatible files will be uploaded later

Files reuploaded to now let furryfox users download the files properly without the use of IE
« Last Edit: 2007 February 23, 19:56:15 by giggy » Logged

*Ella whine*
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 February 23, 19:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want floors from LS?
Note: you might want to have IE to download them. furry fox compatible files will be uploaded later

Yay!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 February 24, 13:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just been playing a new CAS sim on the Entertainment track with no glitches, but I feel like the "flavor text" that pops up when you get promoted is kind of short and simplistic. Perhaps that's evidence of the Sims-Liteness of it.

Oh, and thanks to everyone who made this available!
« Last Edit: 2007 February 24, 13:19:30 by Assmitten » Logged

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 February 24, 14:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you very much for the floors! There isn't much wood flooring that looks normal for this game.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 February 25, 09:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you guys soooo much for providing the life stories objects and floors too! I love new objects, especially maxis originals!  Grin

I was just wondering if anyone has used the dining tables in University yet? I have noticed that the dorm cook will not clear the dishes off these tables.  Not a really big problem as I don't mind having my Sims do some cleaning themselves, but just thought I would mention this in case there was a code that could be added or adjusted.

Thanks again for your awesomeness!!  Grin
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 February 25, 10:20:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Want floors from LS?

Files reuploaded to now let furryfox users download the files properly without the use of IE

I'm sorry, I am unfamiliar with the Yahoo group.  Embarrassed  May I ask what the URL is?

Thanks.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 February 25, 11:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually uploaded them onto a yahoo group
it's: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/TS2LSpack/
it's for those that don't have the LS to TS2 converted objects

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 February 25, 12:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, sorry.  I must have had my head up my butt and didn't read the thread thoroughly. 

Thank you.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 February 25, 12:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this.  I'm excited at the prospect of more walls, too!  I'll keep checking back.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 February 25, 12:35:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this.  I'm excited at the prospect of more walls, too!  I'll keep checking back.

Me too!  The walls for LS are great- they added a bunch of sidings, ones that actually look good.  Shocked Some of the inside ones aren't bad, either. I don't know why they couldn't give us things this good for TS2 to begin with. Luckily we have people in the community to pillage them for us.

- Kurt Vonnegut
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 February 25, 12:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about them wasn't compatible with Firefox?  I downloaded them a couple of days ago using Firefox with no problems. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: