More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:52:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Life Stories - Get the Stuffeths here!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories - Get the Stuffeths here!  (Read 164627 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Life Stories - Get the Stuffeths here!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 17, 23:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, the Númenórean ones are recolourable. Do they use the same GUIDs as the MATY ones? If so I am switching.

Yeah the copyright thing is weird. They don't own the items so can't make any statements on copyrights. If anyone were to steal "my" update for the Alienware computer for example, I would be pissed, but can't do anything about it. I don't own the original copyright to the EAMaxis items (neither does Numenor), so I can't make up a copyright statement for it either.
Never mind the fact that the only copyright statement we do have clearly gives it to EAMaxis for not just their own items, but also all deritive works.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 18, 00:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He probably does the same to every object he puts on MTS2

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 18, 01:20:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have the fertilinator, am I correct in remember you guys didn't have that one? I'm installing just the "seating" pack in order to get the bed I want, as I already have yours..

Report back here please! I'd like that bed too, but I'll let you test it first Tongue

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 18, 07:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, am I testing it? I'll go pop in game then (spent all night working on a movie)

as far as 100% fertility, that doesn't work with normal woohoo, and I do have risky woohoo (I think), no chimes.

So far, 100% of my Try for Babys have resulted in chimes between a married romance and family sim couple (save and quitting after I hear chimes each time). The custom sheets look nice, and animate properly, not like a lot of custom sheets where maxis ones are pulled sort of through the custom ones.

oh, wait, no chimes this time! unless I mistakenly clicked woohoo, but I'm fairly certain I didn't. so, there's not a 100% fertility chance as advertised.

Well now I'm not so sure, I might have clicked woohoo by mistake, since I can't seem to duplicate the nonchime try for baby. Certainly it's difficult to not get pregnant when trying for baby in this bed with a fresh CAS couple, but then, it's always been easy for me to get my sims pregnant (unless it matters).

as far as twins- with the multiple birth odds set to 60/25/10/5, insim reported the first pregnancy I checked using the fertility bed as 2 babies, but the second was 1 and a second female using a non-fertility bed also reported one, so I told both women to give birth, and the fertility bed gave her twins. It's not a very scientific test but that sounds like the same effect as cheesecake, so I'd say increased chance of twins is a probably.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 18, 08:11:48 by kuronue » Logged

INFP or something
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 18, 07:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to work fine, the thumbnail shows the new bedding, but you get the default blue one when placed.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 18, 08:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to work fine, the thumbnail shows the new bedding, but you get the default blue one when placed.

I didn't. I had to scroll back a few pages of bedding but I found the bedding for the thumbnail and a few others (which might have been from other beds I DLd), all with a custom star on them.

INFP or something
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 18, 16:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only used the fertilinator bed in Riley's story.  First time they tried for a baby was unsuccessful, but the second time it worked.  They had twins, a boy and a girl, but I figured that was scripted.  The chapter summary shows her and Mickey each holding a baby, so that's why I figured she would probably always have twins that first time. 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 18, 23:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It isn't scripted. My Riley had a single girl.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 18, 23:35:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well I guess I was "lucky." 
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 18, 23:46:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Numenor the bed significantly raises the chance of twins. I haven't really looked at the code for it yet.
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 18, 23:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone using the stuff by numinor? Ive grabbed the bed and rugs .... This place could do a more awesome job on thoe rugs tho! The shadows re all over the show

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 19, 00:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got his entire set except the careers since I like havng (re-)colour options. They seem to work fine. The rugs look no worse (and no better) than the existing ones.
I haven't tried the fertilizer yet, the coffeemachines work in any case. One difference between the Númenórean and FFS versions is that Numenor's hot tub is a recolour for the existing one, not a separate object. I'm only missing the guitar recolour.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 19, 04:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the Guitar recolor I have to mention there is a glitch on the backside but it works fine. Looks like a Map failure on the old Guitar.

* Havelock_Guitar_English.rar (36.69 KB - downloaded 498 times.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 19, 05:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One difference between the Númenórean and FFS versions is that Numenor's hot tub is a recolour for the existing one, not a separate object. I'm only missing the guitar recolour.
...uh, we never got around to doing the hot tub. There is no FFS hot tub. We *DID* do the careers and the two coffee machines, but then everyone else began putting out their own clones so we stopped. Note that the GameDev career reward was a bit tricky to do, and Riley's coffee machine is even trickier to get right with the motive boosts. Numenor certainly has the technical ability needed to do it, but it's also possible he cut corners. Up to you.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 19, 05:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, it was one of the people here that did it. I am using your version of the careers, the coffee machine seems to work well in either version.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 19, 09:30:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just curious, if there are problems with the objects, has it been verified?  Do other people get the same problems?  And if so... then why don't people complain to the creators and see if it can be fixed?  I don't mean to be like an asshat, but I'm just wondering why everyone complains about it.  Is it implied that they already did, and the creators are being asshats and ignoring the complains? Tongue

Ste

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 19, 10:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything is working fine for me, including the Numenorian rugs. I have put the careers in, but have yet to see them show up when searching for a job on the computer. I tested the bed myself (thanks anyway kuronue) -and no baby chimes on just woohoo. Sorry to say I think it is just a normal (but expensive!) bed Sad I have Pescado's Riley Coffeemaker in my game-works great, much better than the expresso Cheesy I just need someone to make a no automony version cos all my visiting sims flock to it and then leave cos they need to pee!

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 19, 10:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had one sim each reach the top of the new careers. The Entertainment career is like an alternative business career--you get a charisma reward, a teleprompter; the Game Developer career gets you a usable Logic reward, a game console that can be used for entertainment (10 Fun) and/or logic building. In TS2, the game developer gets the Captain Hero uniform; while the Entertainment career (if I remember correctly) gets a dark blue business suit (at least for women); Reggikko says it's the politician suit minus the Mayor's ribbon.

The pay rates are okay but not as high as the Uni careers.

I'm surprised at how expensive the new objects are (§5300 for an espresso machine?). Is the income scale in LS that much greater than that in TS2?

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 19, 10:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised at how expensive the new objects are (§5300 for an espresso machine?). Is the income scale in LS that much greater than that in TS2?

Me too. Might be good for your megarich sims. I don't know how quickly and by how much the items depreciate though.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 19, 11:30:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's part of the picture you're not entirely seeing. All of the LS items are actually "rewards" for progressing in the story, and you receive them for free in the game. It's only if you decide to buy another one that you have to pay that price, which is always incrementally increasing the further along thhe plotline is when you receive it, so the next award is always worth more than the previous, no matter what it is. You don't, however, actually *PAY* for it, and, in fact, it is not possible to apparently acquire these OUTSIDE of the story mode without some severe hacking and chicanery. They are not normally buy-modeable at all!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 February 19, 11:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see! That would explain why in SimPE the objects' names begin with "Reward—". In any case, I changed the price of the coffee maker to §150 and that of the espresso machine to §1000. I've heard rumors that the espresso machine gives an "all day" boost—is there any truth to this? I'd like to set the prices of the coffee machines so that they are commensurate with their in-game benefits.   Tongue

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 19, 11:44:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the default price of the coffeemaker *WAS* $150, at least that's what it says in the Official FFS version, and for $150, it's a Real Steal, considering that it outperforms even the standard issue espresso (less pee, more caffeine). The expensive espresso? Well, it doesn't surprise me that is really expensive, it's part of a very rich plotline where the characters are all disgustingly rich beyond the wildest dreams of a normal sim, so a combination of pointless luxury item / hyperinflation explains that away.

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 February 19, 12:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Busted!*    Embarrassed

I changed the price on the Numenorian version.  Tongue  Do we know if there is any functional difference between that one and the FFS version?

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 February 19, 18:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the objects page is officially gone.
Fucking EA and their greedy needs for money when SO many poor people need money

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 February 19, 19:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why it's best to have content in Malaysia.  Wink This wasn't an accident on Pescado's part. There was no doubt in my mind that EA was going to tell MTS2 to take it down, or that MTS2 would cave, for fear that they wouldn't get invited to the next Fansite Event or something.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: