More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 14:04:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lots that used to be on uneven terrain. [Solved]
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lots that used to be on uneven terrain. [Solved]  (Read 3436 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Lots that used to be on uneven terrain. [Solved]
« on: 2007 February 16, 18:43:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a solution to this?

I'm trying to convert some Life Stories lots to be used in Sims 2, but the neighborhod terrain was uneven. The lots refuse to be placed down again once I pull them into the bin. I have five lots that are doing this.

I've already changed Slope Value, but that did not help.

Would it help to do terrain surgery on the neighborhood?

Edit: Oops, never mind. It turned out to be a completely different problem with the same symptoms. Loading the lots in LS and saving them solved it.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 16, 19:56:12 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lots that used to be on uneven terrain. [Solved]
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 19, 09:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots built on uneven terraain can only be placed in the same place they were taken from. Otherwise they corrupt the terrain, which is bad.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 19, 13:28:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bad is it to corrupt the terrain? I mean, assuming that you could actually get an uneven lot to be placed?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 19, 21:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've placed uneven lots many times, I've only had one instance of corruption where a lake lot made an indelible dip in the landscape.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 20, 07:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How bad is it to corrupt the terrain? I mean, assuming that you could actually get an uneven lot to be placed?

I think under certain circumstances, you'll get a gap where two irregular lots can't reconsile to being next to each other.  Would you want to look "behind the scenes" if your neighbor relandscaped their house?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 20, 10:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Corrupting the terrain can cause any number effects, from merely minor terrain damage and ridges permanently etched into the landscape, to the neighborhood sinking in part or whole into the sea. It's generally a bad thing, although not unrepairable if it happens, if you can do terrain surgery. So, yeah, definitely don't try it on a Mac.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: