More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:39:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How about a "don't eat the rotten food, you moron" fix?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How about a "don't eat the rotten food, you moron" fix?  (Read 16536 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
How about a "don't eat the rotten food, you moron" fix?
« on: 2005 July 19, 20:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been poking around a bit and haven't seen anything like this...is it possible for there to be a fix to keep visiting Sims from eating spoiled food and then puking in everyone's toilet until you play them again?  Lips sealed I have a neighborhood for the prosperity challenge and you rotate playing each family, so if I get one person sick with food poisoning, it'll be four Sim weeks before I can play them again and get them well. In the meantime, they'll be yakking in everyone else's toilet because they mostly all know each other and are visiting all the time.

And seriously, who would eat that stuff? If I saw a plate of food with that slime green crud coming off it, I would definately not eat it. Lips sealed

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: How about a "don't eat the rotten food, you moron" fix?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 19, 20:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/hacks/noeatcrap.zip

go get it while its still...tepid.

I swear I think I know all these mods by heart.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 19, 20:46:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll give that one a try. I had looked at it but initially it didn't look like the right thing, but now that I look at the RTFM again it looks like it'll do the trick. Does it work on visitors though, or only Sims who live in the house?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 19, 20:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hum. good question. I rarely have sims leaving food about to get spoiled. I dunno, try it, you might like it.

JM? does it work on visitors?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 20, 02:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to use this hack, then I took it out because I realised I missed sniggering when the nasty ones kept throwing-up everywhere.  As I recall, it does work on visitors.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 20, 02:12:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posted by: Ancient Sim
As I recall, it does work on visitors.

Yes, your right Ancient, at least it works on my lots with visitors. If I recall correctly, stopping the visitors from vomiting all over your toilet was one of the primary reasons I got this mod in the first place. That and I could not stand seeing the sims eating green, slimy food with flies buzzing around it, even though they are only cartoon pixel peoplel.

Thinking about this, it seems very disturbing that I feel sorry for cartoon pixel people; I think I need a vacation. :)

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 20, 02:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whew, good to hear, thanks Smiley I figured JM woulda been on top of this one.

Jen

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 20, 03:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely works, except I've noticed really greedy, lazy ones do still eat it, just as the greedy lazy ones go on eating after they're full, and get fat, so are always having to work out!  (Bit like us humans, really!)

Zephyr Zodiac
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 20, 14:49:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It definitely works, except I've noticed really greedy, lazy ones do still eat it, just as the greedy lazy ones go on eating after they're full, and get fat, so are always having to work out!  (Bit like us humans, really!)

Yes, if a Sim is sloppy enough that they will eat out of the trash, they will still eat rotten food. The hack works for visitors and Townie dormmates as well. It even works if the food goes bad while they are eating.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 20, 16:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeffs at Variousimmers has a couple of food fixes here http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=670.

Vicki
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 20, 18:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twojeffs at Variousimmers has a couple of food fixes here http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=670.

Vicki

Yes, I looked at those but they don't address the problem I was asking about. In any case, it's moot because JM's fix is what I needed.

Jen

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 20, 19:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best thing is I think I can now reinstall the endless buffet hack without all my sims getting fat!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 20, 19:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a cool hack. The differences between this one and some of the other food hacks available sort of showcase the differences between JMP's modding style and the general approach that most modders have. JMPescado's hacks make sims act in a more logical way, but also in a way more appropriate to their personality, rather than just a flat out more convenient for the user way. They sometimes leave in a certain amount of annoyance, but only if the annoyance makes sense. There's still challenge, just less frustration.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 21, 21:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I totally agree - I love the way most of the Romance Sims don't get jealous if you install JM's Romance hack, but there's always the odd one who does!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 22, 13:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This mod rocks. I got to see it in action last night...some food went bad while a Sim was eating it and he stopped eating it immediately, rather than continuing on and gagging like a doofus.  Cheesy Whee!

Jen

DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 22, 15:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's quite silly that most foods spoil within such a short time. I'm forced to stick to gelatin, which lasts a whole day.  Roll Eyes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 22, 18:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not much use for building cooking skills, though!

Zephyr Zodiac
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 22, 22:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally find it amusing when they eat crap.  And I am secure in the fact that I am not the only one.  I especially love it when you time it right so that they pick up the food and sit down to eat it, at which point the food promptly spoils.  And they love it!

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 22, 22:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see you're into sim-killing in a big way then!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 23, 18:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims aren't eating spoiled food that's on the table, anymore, but if someone makes a meal that catches fire (usually lobster thermidor), the only menu option afterwards is to "get lobster thermidor". The sims will put the burnt, nasty, food on a plate, sigh, then try to eat it. I have to cancel the action out, which causes him to put the plate on the floor (the most logical place), then command him to "clean up". Why isn't there a "clean up" option on burned food, I wonder? 
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 23, 19:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims aren't eating spoiled food that's on the table, anymore, but if someone makes a meal that catches fire (usually lobster thermidor), the only menu option afterwards is to "get lobster thermidor". The sims will put the burnt, nasty, food on a plate, sigh, then try to eat it. I have to cancel the action out, which causes him to put the plate on the floor (the most logical place), then command him to "clean up". Why isn't there a "clean up" option on burned food, I wonder? 

Tsk, tsk, there you go, expecting logical functions from Maxis again....
Brynne, Brynne, what are you thinking....?
 Tongue

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 23, 19:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macrotastic Eat will automatically dispose of garbaged food and retry, unless you cause a fire. If you're getting bad food off the stove, X it out when your sim reaches for it, then toss it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 23, 21:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, if you have Move_objects on, you can delete the food - I do that if the foold on top of the stove has caught fire, but obviously if it's in the oven, I have to direct the sim to get the food first.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: