More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 13:17:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I know it has to be out there
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I know it has to be out there  (Read 8111 times)
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
I know it has to be out there
« on: 2007 February 07, 02:24:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I can't find it in a search.  Undecided

Is there a hack that prevents playable Sims from wandering into your house uninvited? I've had the problem off and on forever. It used to be Darren Dreamer that would break into people's houses in the middle of the night to eat their food and watch TV.  Annoying, but never enough to make me hunt down a hackfix. But now I have the husband's mistress who walks in all the time. I figure that might pose a problem some day when I'm busy with another member of the household.  Wink I sent her home, and she came right back. I locked all the doors, so she stands outside the gate yelling and stomping. I can't be the only one who hates this bug!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: I know it has to be out there
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 07, 02:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be normal behavior for outgoing sims, to enter someone else's house without knocking at the door, but I've never heard before of sims doing it in the middle of the night (after 2 am): this should be a bug or a hack conflict somehow.

Are you referring to the standard outgoing behavior, or this specific oddity?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 07, 06:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it I realize that I have not seen this behavior in a long time. I can't even remember the last time I had a sim just waltz into the house uninvited. I had an invited guest autonomously take a bath and a nap once at the Pleasant's house a long time ago, but I can't remember any visiting sim cooking before. Perhaps it was so long ago or happened so seldom that I have simply forgotten.

Do you have all of the EPs & Stuff Packs? Do you have all or most of the hacks from around this site? If the self-inviting sim is still part of "standard" game play after installing all the EPs and SPs, then I must have it zapped with a hack from around here somewhere.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 07, 09:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or a hack like the auto greet - DMA Sims? - is asking the visitors in.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 07, 09:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amin Sims does it - but I haven't seen him do it in a while.

Inteen for AL, yay!
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 07, 09:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it's hard for most Matyers to fathom, but the only hack I had installed for the longest time were TJ's college adjuster and greek house fix   Shocked (which I installed as soon as he made them, basically) and then the daily gardener. It was only in the past  6 months that I've started playing around with a handful of Pescado's hacks- IIRC, I installed them right before Pets when I was bored and waiting for its release. This problem goes back way longer than that, though. At least to Uni- the first time I ever played the Dreamer house was when I sent Dirk to college, and married Darren off to a CAS Sim and aged him to Elder, and it was as an Elder than Darren used to barge in. I'm not sure he'd arrive after 2 AM, but he sure as heck didn't leave at 2 like he should have either- he'd still be there for breakfast if there was food and he kept himself happy watching TV. I swear that he used to do it in households where they'd never even met him- I checked that once. And yeah, I'm sure I've had Amin do it too, come to think of it, but I've noticed it more often in playable Sims.

I looked through my hacks folder, though, and there's nothing in there at all that's non-Maty and nothing that would obviously be causing the problem. Antibabylecture, phonehack, nobuskers, dailygardener, moreservingsformeals, and that's about it. The Sim who's doing it now may be outgoing, so I'm willing to believe that it's a "feature" with the night thing being one of those unintended consequences, but there are lots of "features" that the modders have made go away. I remember a discussion about how annoying the behavior was on the BBS a long time ago, so I know I'm not the only one to hate it so it follows that someone is bound to have at least looked into fixing it.  Undecided

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 07, 11:23:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem occasionally family members just barge in and act like they own the place, heh but that's family for you right?  Still would be handy to have a hack to fix it i don't recall coming across one though.
Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 07, 11:36:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's Visitor Controller bans uninvited guests on the lot.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 07, 12:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WooHoo! Thanks so much. You've saved my Sim's marriage!  I'd even downloaded likely hacks last night so I could look at the RTFM, but for some reason overlooked that one.  Roll Eyes

- Kurt Vonnegut
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 07, 12:46:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gah i completely forgot about that.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 07, 13:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So THAT explains why this no longer happens to my sims. It was funny at first, but after the first 5 or 6 times, it just got really annoying.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 07, 14:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the Visitor Controller. I also don't have the problem anymore. There must be another hack besides the Visitor Controller that is preventing this problem.

You don't have to download everything to get the RTFMs. Go here instead and you can at least have

All the FFS and TwoJeffs RTFMs in two easy-to-swallow ZIP files!

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 07, 19:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple Sims who do this.  One is a former mascot and the other was a barista or something like that, so I was blaming it on stray BHAVs from when they were NPCs.  However, they also might just have sky high Outgoing scores...
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 07, 23:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple Sims who do this.  One is a former mascot and the other was a barista or something like that, so I was blaming it on stray BHAVs from when they were NPCs.  However, they also might just have sky high Outgoing scores...

Mine is a former cheerleader and she visits everyone.  She's also always stopping in at my college houses to pass the time.  Thankfully, she's only got 2 days left of her Elder life to live.  (I won't be sorry to see her go, she reverted to wearing the Llama mascot outfit everywhere she goes, and it's getting tiresome).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 08, 08:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, my former mascot wears her costume everywhere except when she's pregger...
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 February 08, 12:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't forget the Authorized Personnel Only Security System - complete with death field - all for only §1500 !!!

There's usually a few Leos (10 outgoing points, by default) around my hoods, but none (friends, townies or otherwise) have walked in without being greeted or at least acknowledged since base game.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 February 08, 13:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the instructions if you want to attempt to "demascot" a mascot or other npcs...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6187.msg178163.html#msg178163
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 February 11, 19:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have the opposite problem.  I have no sims that walk down the sidewalk or less they are invited or the occational best friend that comes to visit.  I used to love when the little kids would walk down the sidewalk on Saturdays--especially for my shy kids that don't bring sims home from school.  I took out the visitor controller from Two Jeffs thinking that might be it but all I got is no passerbyers and Mrs. Crumplebottom--gag!  I also don't have anyone visiting college except NPCs. 
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 February 12, 01:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine is a former cheerleader and she visits everyone.  She's also always stopping in at my college houses to pass the time.  Thankfully, she's only got 2 days left of her Elder life to live.  (I won't be sorry to see her go, she reverted to wearing the Llama mascot outfit everywhere she goes, and it's getting tiresome).

Is there an elder version of that or does she revert to the adult one?

Inteen for AL, yay!
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 February 12, 06:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an elder version of that or does she revert to the adult one?

There must be.  ::shrugs::  All of her adult/elder life, whenever she went visiting, she'd wear the Llama suit, but it wasn't until she turned Elder that she'd be wearing it when i got back to her lot.

Here's the instructions if you want to attempt to "demascot" a mascot or other npcs...

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6187.msg178163.html#msg178163

I don't have SimPE and i don't plan on getting it so i'll just have to be more careful now who i marry in.  I personally wasn't aware of the peculiararities of the cheerleader.   I 'think' i've moved in a regular Llama mascot before but it was back when i only had Univ (in the dim distant past).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: