More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 22:36:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Life Stories Welcome Package?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories Welcome Package?  (Read 111329 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Life Stories Welcome Package?
« Reply #125 on: 2007 February 13, 11:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

simsbaby: nice. Are you going to rip all the objects?

Tip for the anal retentive crowd: put these rips under TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and they won't appear as custom content.
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 February 13, 11:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason there's not much widespread pillaging of LS-items may partially be attributable to the potential legal issues of enabling people who haven't bought the game to have access to its content

An odd thing happened here. I created a downloads folder and stuck some default replacement skins, a fence clone and something Crammyboy made called "textbox" which is a cube with some custom animations.

When I started LS up, it told me I had custom-content I had downloaded that I was allowed to use only with LS, and that I had custom-content disabled, and that if I changed that, it wouldn't appear until I ran the game again.

The testbox was not there, the fence and default skins were. After exiting and restarting the game, the textbox was there, and did work (it is base game compatible and was cloned from the flamingo).

I found the behavior puzzling. The fence clone has a catalog entry, of course the default skins do not. The only fundamental difference I see was that the testbox had it's own mesh in the package, while the other items use built-in meshes.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 February 13, 11:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You've just seen the slightly-different worded LS custom content dialog, wes.
EAMaxis tries to scare people into thinking LS custom content is different than TS2 CC… which is a lie. The LS register incentives work perfectly well in TS2 vanilla (which I tested them in using Numenor's bgs, any later release has at least one of the three things in it).
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 February 13, 12:41:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wes, go in and turn off that stupid dialog (and enable CC), just like you would in TS2 and then don't give it another thought.  Wink  You just won't want to add in any hacks until you've finished the stories, as they can mess you up, but everything else is fine.

The Designer Walkthrough is up for Seasons, and gift giving is one of the first things they show. I'll go back to watching and keep my eyes open for objects. I wouldn't be surprised if the regular furniture shows up in Seasons, but maybe not the unlockables.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
Toy Box
« Reply #129 on: 2007 February 13, 12:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooooh, cool Simsbaby, I was just thinking I kind of like the boom box.  Smiley  Also, the teddy bear, the end table with the fleur de lis on the front and the sculpture don't look bad.  I won't be buying the game, I think, but I'll be watching to see if those other things get pillaged.  XD

I tried the teddy bear, but I couldn't find the mesh for that.  Sad I was able to get that toy box out though!  Wink Sorry, toys not included.
You will most likely need this if you don't have FFS or anything that came after it.

simsbaby: nice. Are you going to rip all the objects?

Tip for the anal retentive crowd: put these rips under TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins and they won't appear as custom content.

Maybe not all of them, but I will certainly try. Will that tip also work for the files Numenor pulled from the game?

Edit: Forgot the picture. Tongue

* toyboxAntique.rar (233.65 KB - downloaded 544 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 February 13, 13:07:43 by simsbaby » Logged

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 February 13, 12:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know it works for all custom objects that do not alter game code (hacks). It does not work for clothing, makeup, hair, or accessories.

Oh, and you can use subdirectories there. TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\NumenorMaxisLost\Racecar has the racecar stuff unlocked by Numenor for example, TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\Website has the website downloads like the Alienware PC (my edited version of course), SData\Res\Catalog\Bins\Preorders has the preorder things like the snowglobe etc..

Just don't put stuff in there you lack meshes for, or you face crashes or hangs on startup.

I put the LS registration incentives in LS's TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\ so they show up as normal content, but LS refuses to load if I put stuff in there which relies on meshes LS seems to lack.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 13, 13:18:20 by Jordi » Logged
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2007 February 13, 13:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the teddy bear, but I couldn't find the mesh for that.  Sad I was able to get that toy box out though!  Wink Sorry, toys not included.

Woo-hoo, Simsbaby pwns!  Thanks doll.  Cheesy

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
wes_h
Knuckleheaded Knob

Lady on Rancho Como

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 February 13, 14:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wes, go in and turn off that stupid dialog (and enable CC), just like you would in TS2 and then don't give it another thought.  Wink 

Actually, I thought I had it on. I think Jordi had the right answer, that is is just a stock dialog. I have seen the one that is in the game, staring with University, I think. Starting with Pets, it complains about my Moo Moo statue, which seems to work just fine in the game...

What had me puzzled was the item LS picked out as custom.

I actually hadn't played any of the stories yet, just the free play. Outside of the smaller textures and decreased mesh detail, LS seems to be the base game with some content makeovers from different EPs.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 February 13, 14:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the african mask.

And the Crystalrose.

The objects have the englisch catalog entry also it displays the german only in my game in the screenshots.

* Rewardafricanmask.rar (71.95 KB - downloaded 495 times.)
* Rewardcrystalrose.rar (58.73 KB - downloaded 534 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 February 13, 14:59:27 by Havelock » Logged
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 February 13, 14:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the sculpture Naomi.

* Sculpture_Naomi.rar (313.11 KB - downloaded 559 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 February 13, 14:42:40 by Havelock » Logged
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 February 13, 15:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, thank you Havelock. Does anyone else think we should make a thread just for these in Peasantry? It might be a bit hard for people trying to find them the way it is now.

Also, where is the Doppelganger? I can't find it under Riley or Vincent's rewards panel.

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 February 13, 17:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone else think we should make a thread just for these in Peasantry?

Yep, I like one stop shopping. Grin
Thanks guys (and gals)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 February 13, 18:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I like most of the Maxis items for the game (which is why I've not regretted buying the stuff packs), so I drooled on most of the pictures up there in the thread. I'd happily snag any that are pillaged. I've got no real interest in Life Stories itself, though. I think the idea is neat, but I'm not really part of the audience it's aimed at.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 February 13, 20:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, where is the Doppelganger? I can't find it under Riley or Vincent's rewards panel.

It's actually a career reward for one of the new careers.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 February 13, 22:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't wanna try to pillage that. We already did that, and it was a real pain in the neck, too.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 February 13, 22:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what does it look like?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 February 13, 23:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what does it look like?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 February 14, 00:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured dtyling was styling with a typo...  the keys are adjacent after all!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2007 February 14, 01:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 February 14, 03:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ack! I am very sorry, I replaced the file with a fixed, no typo one.  Embarrassed

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2007 February 14, 03:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to put the table-top hi-fi in my game and it crashed with the same "you loooser, you don't have pets installed" crash that I'm quite used to by now (there's a unique noise it makes when it's a pets crash - it's like the computer's saying 'isn't that special"

Anyway, thought someone might wanna know, in case there are other barbarians who haven't installed that EP. Didn't hurt me any and it sits nicely in the little 'waiting 'til later' folder.

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 February 14, 03:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it an official typo, or a Simsbaby typo, and if the latter...why are you typing in it anyway? Sounds like a bad clone job.

I tried to put the table-top hi-fi in my game and it crashed with the same "you loooser, you don't have pets installed" crash that I'm quite used to by now (there's a unique noise it makes when it's a pets crash - it's like the computer's saying 'isn't that <i>special</i>"
I suspect that may be an artifact of a shitty Simsbaby cloning job.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 February 14, 03:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Was it an official typo, or a Simsbaby typo, and if the latter...why are you typing in it anyway? Sounds like a bad clone job.

A simsbaby typo. The picture I posted didn't have it.

Fail.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 February 14, 04:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...that begs the obvious question of why Simsbaby is TYPING in the item descriptions. That's not how you clone them, so Simsbaby must have done it very, very, wrong.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2007 February 14, 09:29:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey SaraMK, any chance that you'll post the LS families and houses once you get the wallpaper/floor issue resolved?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: