More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 07:42:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Life Stories Welcome Package?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Life Stories Welcome Package?  (Read 111840 times)
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Life Stories Welcome Package?
« Reply #150 on: 2007 February 15, 01:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I stuck all of the extracted objects in my game last night and they havn't caused any crashes.
Mayhap, you need pets installed for some crazy reason

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2007 February 15, 01:44:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what I discovered from playing Life Stories, though? The one hack I absolutely, positively, cannot tolerate the game for longer than 23 seconds without...is Manual Navigation. 23 seconds and two dropped queues in, and I had to install that. Tongue Because let's face it, even frikken Starcrap let you tell a unit to MOVE THERE and then DO THAT. Without it, you may as well not have a command queue. Giving units only a single order at a time is simply obsolete.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2007 February 15, 02:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what I discovered from playing Life Stories, though? The one hack I absolutely, positively, cannot tolerate the game for longer than 23 seconds without...is Manual Navigation. 23 seconds and two dropped queues in, and I had to install that. Tongue Because let's face it, even frikken Starcrap let you tell a unit to MOVE THERE and then DO THAT. Without it, you may as well not have a command queue. Giving units only a single order at a time is simply obsolete.

I don't use that hack and I very rarely have dropped actions. I just have to build my own houses, because 1 staircase and narrow walkways won't cut it.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2007 February 15, 02:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the actions ALWAYS drop. The moment you try to queue anything after it, your sim stops moving and stares stupidly instead of going there first.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2007 February 15, 03:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. That hack and no what's this immediately went in.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2007 February 15, 03:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. That hack and no what's this immediately went in.
I actually never practically never encounter "what's this", perhaps because I rule with an iron fist, but apparently it's very annoying, undoubtedly because it grants no benefit to the sim doing it. And because it's stupid, and I generally disapprove of sims attempting to speak to me as if they were actual people. Because I hate actual people and become murderous when they do.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2007 February 15, 11:28:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Manual Nav is the first hack I stuck in when I started testing hacks, too. Smiley

Hey SaraMK, any chance that you'll post the LS families and houses once you get the wallpaper/floor issue resolved?

I'm actually in the process of uploading the houses to my simpage. But I will not fix the wall/floor problem, it's just way too much work since the walls/floors don't actually exist in Sims 2 and would need to be converted (although apparently someone is working on that). I just put some random walls and floors in all the houses.

Uploading families isn't safe (installing occupied houses will blow up the game, you know), but I might upload clones of some of the sims, since I've seen a couple of people ask for them. Don't know why anyone would want them, really, since they're just the usual ugly Maxis-made sims.

Fail.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2007 February 16, 04:08:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: GunMod's Lighting works in Life Stories. Use the one for base game. Do not use the one for NL (the horror! the horror!). It doesn't look quite the same though. Here's a sunset pic:

Fail.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2007 February 16, 07:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is, is Gunmod's lighting mod going to work with Seasons?

Inteen for AL, yay!
Elven Ranger
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2007 February 16, 11:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats what im wondering to maxon

WARNING:<br />I have dyslexia, so please excuse my crappy spelling & punctuation Smiley
Eggs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2007 February 16, 12:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's probably going to be messy bits where he hasn't added the right code, but it should.

OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2007 February 16, 14:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone who has this tell me....
Is there any way to do a facelift on the sims in story mode?  It looks interesting, but....yuck...default sims scare me very, very much
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2007 February 16, 14:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uploading families isn't safe (installing occupied houses will blow up the game, you know), but I might upload clones of some of the sims, since I've seen a couple of people ask for them. Don't know why anyone would want them, really, since they're just the usual ugly Maxis-made sims.
I don't think the Maxis-made sims are that ugly.  It's the Maxis townies that are so ugly, e.g., Goopy and Aaaabhijeet. Tongue
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2007 February 16, 14:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone who has this tell me....
Is there any way to do a facelift on the sims in story mode?  It looks interesting, but....yuck...default sims scare me very, very much

Sadly the code does not appear to be there. InSIM does not allow face lifts and there is no in-game way to do it (the Uni surgery machine is not included). So, I guess not. But you could use SimPE Surgery as usual. I've tried it and it works.

I don't think the Maxis-made sims are that ugly.  It's the Maxis townies that are so ugly, e.g., Goopy and Aaaabhijeet. Tongue

Well, I could clone and upload the sims. But I won't upload occupied houses that will mess up people's games.  Undecided

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2007 February 16, 14:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I could clone and upload the sims. But I won't upload occupied houses that will mess up people's games.  Undecided
That makes sense.  Smiley
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2007 February 16, 15:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks SaraMK...
I was thinking maybe Shaklin's dresser would work....but I bet there would be some important features missing and it might only partially work....
If Simpe can handle editing the game, then I guess I won't be stuck with the fuglys.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2007 February 16, 16:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking maybe Shaklin's dresser would work....but I bet there would be some important features missing and it might only partially work....

If it allows facelifts then it is probably based on Uni code, in which case it won't work just like InSIM does not work.

Fail.
Brenda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2007 February 16, 20:54:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went and got the game and paid the 40.00 .. its okay but just sims 2 with new people... it basically teaches you how to play sims in my opinion.. the graphics seem better and I do have to say it loads up alot faster..  so far I have worked the Riley story to its completion and all it does is drop out of the story line and you can continue to play it like it was an astablished neighborhood ... theres enough object to chose from but I miss having the buyable Career objects and I use the university clock all the time and im not sure if this game would take those two functions or not... is it worth the 40.oo ,, yeah i guess so but its really just sims 2 with a catchy new name. but its still sims and lets face it we are all sims crazy.. so we will buy it and its spin offs lolol and hope the hackers that make us the objects to help it be more fun make things for this one too... two to work on ..... something to change the life time wants and buyable career objects.  lololol 

The things I dont like about the game is .. it dont fill up a screen ;  and you have to use your key board to move back and forth and side to side and find myself pushing keys I shouldnt.  so it makes you pause just to move around the screen .. so little clue dont make your house too big in this one or your lost lololol....

I tried to register the game but it wouldn't take it so I didnt get the welcome package yet..but I will keep trying...

Have fun fellow simmers ..

Brenda

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2007 February 16, 21:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I may love TS2 & its EPs & SPs but I won't buy Life Stories. It seems stupid to me to buy what is basicly sims 2 lite when I already have the real game  Tongue

Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2007 February 16, 21:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* simsbaby already removed it from his computer.

Meh, since I can already have the objects in TS2 and I completed the stories, there is nothing that interests me in this game now. It also was annoying how the sims would seemingly at random loose their fingers or lighting would stop pouring in from the windows. The Intel 945GM in my laptop might be a major cause, but TS2 doesn't even do that with the crapload of custom content I have.  Sad

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2007 February 16, 21:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hope the hackers that make us the objects to help it be more fun make things for this one too... two to work on ..... something to change the life time wants and buyable career objects.

Those hacks would most likely work in the game. Put them in and try. In any case, InSIM works, so you can change LTWs with that. What do you need the college clock for when THERE IS NO COLLEGE?

The things I dont like about the game is .. it dont fill up a screen

You can turn off windowed mode. It's under Options.

Fail.
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2007 February 16, 22:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it allows facelifts then it is probably based on Uni code, in which case it won't work just like InSIM does not work.

it won't work as the code isn't there so no facelift which means maxis/EA left out yet another feature

Edit: I hate EA for leaving the face lift feature out
« Last Edit: 2007 February 16, 23:02:25 by giggy » Logged

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2007 February 16, 23:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

us the objects to help it be more fun make things for this one too... two to work on ..... something to change the life time wants and buyable career objects.  lololol 

The things I dont like about the game is .. it dont fill up a screen ;  and you have to use your key board to move back and forth and side to side and find myself pushing keys I shouldnt.  so it makes you pause just to move around the screen .. so little clue dont make your house too big in this one or your lost lololol....

Neither of these are true. You can go in and have it not play in windows mode (it's under game options) and within windows mode, to move the camera, you can hold right mouse button and  drag yourself around the screen by moving the mouse. To go back and forth, you scroll in and out. No keyboard required.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2007 February 17, 14:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went and got the game and paid the 40.00 .. its okay but just sims 2 with new people... it basically teaches you how to play sims in my opinion.. the graphics seem better and I do have to say it loads up alot faster..  so far I have worked the Riley story to its completion and all it does is drop out of the story line and you can continue to play it like it was an astablished neighborhood ... theres enough object to chose from but I miss having the buyable Career objects and I use the university clock all the time and im not sure if this game would take those two functions or not... is it worth the 40.oo ,, yeah i guess so but its really just sims 2 with a catchy new name. but its still sims and lets face it we are all sims crazy.. so we will buy it and its spin offs lolol and hope the hackers that make us the objects to help it be more fun make things for this one too... two to work on ..... something to change the life time wants and buyable career objects.  lololol 

I tried to register the game but it wouldn't take it so I didnt get the welcome package yet..but I will keep trying...

Have fun fellow simmers ..

Brenda

I think the people here are less fangirl/boy when it comes to the sims stuff. I'm not planning on buying this, I might at some point torrent it but that would be it.
I don't see the point in buying something I already have, just because it's got "new features".

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2007 February 17, 14:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That, and the fact that it's $90 here in Aus...  I believe I will be passing on this one!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: