More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 23:22:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Alien Eyes Contacts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Alien Eyes Contacts  (Read 5669 times)
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Alien Eyes Contacts
« on: 2007 February 05, 11:09:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a lovely little alien baby born into the game, but she's stuck with her father's eyes despite a few reloadings. That's what I get for using customs, I guess. As soon as she's a toddler and I can drag her over a mirror, I'd like to do something about this. I've found alien eye contacts here and there, but none that look just like the Maxis default ones. Does something like this even exist? Is there another way to solve my problem?

Thanks!
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Alien Eyes Contacts
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 05, 12:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Alien eyes' are invisible, no eyes - if you're using an alien replacement skin that doesn't have the black eyes, you simply can't get them. I don't know if you mean you're using custom eyes? I think custom eyes generally override all maxis eyes for the first generation or two unless they're set to not (kinda like custom skins). I haven't found any alien contacts that are the same as the maxis default, so I'd also be interested if anyone can find one. I think the problem may be that not many people make contacts and you can't extract the alien face through bodyshop (I'm sure it can be done through other methods, though).
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 05, 16:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an excellent pair from SimPosieum.

http://www.simposieum.net/content/view/206/2/
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 09, 11:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Alien eyes' are invisible, no eyes - if you're using an alien replacement skin that doesn't have the black eyes, you simply can't get them.

Actually that's not true, the property set has the skintone field filled in (like hairstyles, it's so they won't appear without another condition being met first). If a matching skintone id is not found, the texture does not show up, and you will see the eye texture on the face texture. So no, the alien eyes are not invisible, they just have conditions for showing up. To prove this, take the original alien face texture and change the eye section, you'll see that in the game the alien eyes still show up unchanged.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 09, 12:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually that's not true, the property set has the skintone field filled in (like hairstyles, it's so they won't appear without another condition being met first). If a matching skintone id is not found, the texture does not show up, and you will see the eye texture on the face texture. So no, the alien eyes are not invisible, they just have conditions for showing up. To prove this, take the original alien face texture and change the eye section, you'll see that in the game the alien eyes still show up unchanged.

That's really interesting Smiley I assumed they were invisible because of half-alien sims who had eyes that existed nowhere else in my game other than their skintone. I knew they were inheiriting the alien eyes which weren't showing up. As I knew the eyes were from their skintone, I assumed alien eyes worked in the same way. I kind of wonder why they didn't do it like that anyway? :S
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 09, 16:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason Maxis decided that only green-skinned alien spawn should have the alien bug eyes. I always fix my default replacement alien eyes to not require the alien skintone to appear because I think a half alien with "normal" skin and alien eyes would be cool!

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 09, 17:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without the green skin, they look like they have no eyes, just empty sockets. At least to me.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 10, 09:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Alien eyes' are invisible, no eyes - if you're using an alien replacement skin that doesn't have the black eyes, you simply can't get them.

Except for teens, for some strange reason the eye texture on the skintone is used for teen aliens

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 10, 12:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, interesting info... and love the contacts too! Thank you very much! Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: