More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 01:42:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)  (Read 146316 times)
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)
« Reply #125 on: 2007 June 23, 16:04:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to start working on this with my massive skin collection. I've got them organized in the order I want them, but I have a few questions before I begin.

I plan to set them up like this:

The smallest value would be the Ephemera BJD skins. I would love to get these on servos, but never plan to actually breed sims with these
Next would be vampire skins, it's doubtful I will use these for breeding either.

Now I'm not sure about this, but I thought I would put Asian skins next. I want them grouped together, they range from extra-pale to tan. I didn't want them interspersed with the other skins as I don't want a random asian sim popping up from other combinations.

Then I would put the normal skins from extra-pale to dark in the appropriate ranges.

Lastly, I have the fantasy skins: elvish/woodsy types and finally alien. I don't want aliens popping up in my medieval hood, but don't mind elvish in strangetown.

Does it sound workable?

I also have bunches of non-default skintones linked to different bodyshapes, geneticizing them won't affect anything will it?

Note:  If you want to add hair to skintones, just go to insim adult and get AllenABQ's overlays. They make it very easy. The overlays even work with Gimp if you don't have photoshop. They range from light to very hairy.
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2007 June 23, 17:45:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sound like a great project Smiley
i think that you have to made a default replacement in order to made the genetic works.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2007 June 23, 18:24:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i think that you have to made a default replacement in order to made the genetic works.

No, you don't. All you have to do is change the genetic value in SimPE.
That is, if all you care about is playables.
(Townies, as always, are another bag of nuts.)

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2007 June 23, 21:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you don't. All you have to do is change the genetic value in SimPE.
That is, if all you care about is playables.
(Townies, as always, are another bag of nuts.)

Yeah, I knew that. I'm sure I can handle the Simpe part, I'm just wondering if it will work to put the Asian skintones at smaller than maxis values and I also want to make sure about the skintones linked to special bodyshapes.
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2007 June 24, 02:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've worked a bit on her skins to add some hairs to the body.. the resoult would be that Cheesy

but it require alot of time, and i don't have it  Undecided

EGADS! BUTT HAIR! Shocked

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2007 June 24, 07:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I created this account to post this question, but I may stick around.

Anyway, I've just downloaded a bunch of your geneticized Enayla normal skins. I did a little testing, and discovered something. I'm not sure if it is a bug, a feature or a coincidence.

What I did to test was create four Sims. An EA Dark male, an EA Light female, a Dusk female (the darkest skin I downloaded) and an Alabaster male (the lightest skin I downloaded).

I bred them together, with these results:

Dusk and EA Dark: Dusk
Alabaster and EA Light: Alabaster
EA Dark and EA Light: EA Olive
Dusk and Alabaster: Something different, looked like maybe Sweet Fall?

So, looking at this, it seems to me that when I breed EA skins together and when I breed a custom with an EA it treats it as it would if they weren't geneticized, but it works when I breed two customs together.

So, I'm just wondering if you know why this is.

Thank you!
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2007 June 24, 19:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because of the way skins are geneticised (sized? meh), offspring have a range of possible skins.

If I let you choose a number, any whole number, between 1 and 5, and you chose 3, does that mean you couldn't get 1, 2, 4, or 5? No. You just didn't. That's simply the odds.

If I let you choose any whole number between 1 and 5000, the odds are even better that you won't pick any certain number.

When you have a range of sim skins, offspring can have any skintone between and including those the parents have. If the parents are numbers 3 and 5, your kids will have 3, 4, or 5. If the parents are 1 and 5000...

How many sprogs did you test? One sprog per couple won't show you the range, or the odds.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2007 June 24, 22:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, okay. It just seems odd that all four children would follow the same pattern, especially since I have a lot of different skins. I guess I'll do some more testing.

Thanks for your post.

EDIT: I did a bit more testing, and it appears to have just been a coincidence. I feel dumb now! Oh, well.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 25, 00:22:37 by Fuzzbucket » Logged
Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2007 June 25, 00:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lastly, I have the fantasy skins: elvish/woodsy types and finally alien. I don't want aliens popping up in my medieval hood, but don't mind elvish in strangetown.

What skins do you use for elvish/woodsy types, if you don't mind me asking?
jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2007 June 25, 02:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did it! Worked beautifully. I got both ends of the spectrum in CAS (that's the BJD skintone and the Klingon skintone) and everything came up as possible kids in CAS. This is great. Someone asked about the elvish woodsy so I'll throw out a run-down of what I put where if anyone is interested. I don't think anyone else could use the files though, since I've got various bodyshapes mixed in as well:

.01: Ephemera BJD skintones and vampire skintones (Enayla Pixie Haunt, Pixie Hunter and Porcelain Doll)
.03 to .07: Asian skintones by Chakaru, Ephemera and Enayla

The rest contain normal skintones by Enayla, Summersong86 and Oepu, some have Allen ABQ hair added, Bodybuilder, CPU, Fat, skinny all sorts of bodytypes mixed in

.08: Very pale skintones
.09 to .14: Maxis light
.3 to .33 : Maxis Medium
.6 to .64: Maxis Tan
.91 to .97: Maxis Dark, though the last few are much darker than Maxis

1.0 to 1.7: "Woodsy" These are my plantsim skintones, Enayla's Pixie Nymph, Glory, Moss, Ashes and Fiend
2.0 to 2.7: "Greys" Enayla Pixie Winter, Diamond, Dusk, Guilt, Incubi, Royal, Steel, ending with Sim Cribbing's Midnight
3.0 to 3.9: "Alien" Summersong 86 and my recolors of her FX alien, Enayla Pixie Anomaly, Serpent, Elven Ranger's Cardassian, and my recolors of Elven Ranger's Klingon skintone.

Yes, I have way too many skins. This was very easy though. The hardest part was tracking down all the skins.

Next, I'm going to learn how to attach non-default body shape meshes.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 25, 13:20:26 by jmtmom » Logged
MaximilianPS
Undead Member

da grammar killer

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2007 June 25, 08:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EGADS! BUTT HAIR! Shocked

umm.. heh.. yes... the hairs come form http://www.hairysims.com/
the files are on http://www.insimadult.net/ (need log in to view it)
there are also the psd file with layer so you can use you skin with AllenABQ's body-hair ........ made by AllenABQ  Grin
« Last Edit: 2007 June 26, 09:08:24 by MaximilianPS » Logged
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2007 June 25, 18:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used AllenABQs hair layers on my Enayla defaults. You can easily remove the hair you don't want from the layer(s)  Wink 

Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2007 June 27, 07:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would I do if I wanted to take these out of my game but I already created Sims with them? Would I need to delete those families first? I assume there's no way to change the geneticized skin to the same non-geneticized skin without SimPE. Sad
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2007 June 27, 07:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you delete the families, you could blow up your game. You've been warned.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2007 June 27, 20:50:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What would I do if I wanted to take these out of my game but I already created Sims with them? Would I need to delete those families first? I assume there's no way to change the geneticized skin to the same non-geneticized skin without SimPE. Sad

Well, I know from experience that if you remove a custom skin, the affected sims will pick up the default Maxis S2 skin.  If you replace a geneticised custom skin with the same un-geneticised custom skin, I dunno.  Undecided  Maybe the sim will keep the skin, but just end up having it as a dominant custom skin?  Huh  Try it and find out.  If you don't like what you see, don't save before quitting.  And report back.  Smiley
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2007 June 28, 03:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed lately when you replace skin numbers on a sim in-game their bodies change, but their faces stick to the default S2 skin. Vamping and curing usually works.

aqualectrix
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2007 June 28, 03:47:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as they have the same family numbers in the SkinTone XML, seelindarun's suggestion should work.  Dunno if the geneticizers changed this value while geneticizing, but I doubt it -- weren't there some warnings upthread about using the geneticized skins alongside their non-geneticized counterparts for just this reason?
Fuzzbucket
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2007 June 28, 05:17:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I'll just leave those sims in the bin, then. Oh, well. Thank you.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2007 June 29, 18:09:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was very careful to keep the internal numbers the same so that if someone was switching from Enayla's non-modded skins to these that the sims would retain their skins.  It should work the other way too.

I had theories that one could go above the 1.xx range.  Thanks to justmom to proving that.

My current project is attempting to take AllenABQ's photoshop layers and make costume makeup or eyebrow files that would show body hair, binned genetically so that blonde sims got blonde bodyhair and such.  I'm trying to lower the number of skintones that everyone has in their downloads with this.  But as it's something rather new and no-one else has done it, the project is taking time.

I'm glad that folks are finding this useful.

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2007 June 29, 19:35:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jmtmom: Not sure if you have come across it already, but I found this tutorial from Marvine was great for doing the non-default replacement body meshes - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=89397.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: 2007 June 30, 00:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I meant, I took the genetic skins and changed the flags from -08 to -00. It shows up in CAS and Bodyshop, and works as if it was decustomized, meaning that townies and NPCs are spawning with it. I've made backups and done the same to all my skins, and they all work like so.
I even took a non-edited skin direct from Enayla's page and carefully edited the genetic entry and the flags only. Still comes up when the randomize button is mashed.
I am no programmer by any means, and like I said, I don't quite know what I just did.

ETA: Forgot to add they also work genetically. The five skins I tested before used Pixie Shadow at one end, and Pixie Fall at the other. Everything in between came up. Note I used random CAS sims.

I can confirm that this works.  I made a set of eyes, changed the genetic and flags lines only, and made a new neighborhood using a clean template.  I created random townies using the mailbox cheat, and about half of my walkbys had my new eyes.  Thanks, nice discovery.   Smiley
Check my signature to see the eyes and a couple of the scary-looking townies who got them.

Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2007 June 30, 13:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Cool, glad it's not just me, then. I was experimenting mostly because I really didn't want two versions of the same skin on my computer, which is why I steer clear of hairy skins and special mesh skins, as much as I would like them.
I hope creators will one day find a way to layer tattoos and hair onto skin (hint hint Dewshine Grin)

ETA: I'm a Blathering Buffoon now? Yay! A ripped lip!

jmtmom
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2007 July 01, 14:40:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jmtmom: Not sure if you have come across it already, but I found this tutorial from Marvine was great for doing the non-default replacement body meshes - http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=89397.

Actually, I discovered an incredibly easy way to do this here: http://theos.chewbakkas.net/tutorials/tutorial-mesh-linking.html

It seems to have worked. I plan to post some skins I've linked at insim soon.
Mirablu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2007 July 02, 21:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may not be the best way to go about doing things, but I tried something a little different. Namely, I extracted the Skintone XML bit from the skintones I wanted to come up for townies. Then I put all of them in one file, and editted the XML files using the method Mens Mortus described on the XML files (changing the flags from 08 to 00 and keeping the creator ID the same, then putting in the number for the genetic range).
Then I named the file with the XML replacements something like "zzz_what-have-you", so that it would load after the real skintones' XML files.
It's working exactly as I wished it to: everything shows up in CAS, on newly generated townies, and on my Sim's newly generated offspring.

Is it actually a bad idea to have the real skintones and the XML replacements in? I don't think it would do any harm. I'm guessing that a worst-case scenario is the overwriting XML bits would be loaded first, and then they just wouldn't work.
But I have my skintones subfoldered, and the "zzz_what-have-you" package in the main downloads, so it's working just fine so far for me.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2007 July 02, 22:41:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, that should work, but it's not a very elegant solution.  Why have extra files that require a fiddly loading order when you can just edit the originals for the exact same result?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: