More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:28:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)  (Read 146319 times)
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)
« Reply #50 on: 2007 March 26, 18:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that's a negative?

I should think that nasty rashes would pale next to your bile-drooling, brain-eating zombies!  Tongue
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2007 March 26, 18:47:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allright, Here's PixiePearl!  This file only has the skintone in it.  If you want the eyes then you'll need the above rar.
That looks like a really awful rash.

LOL.  Actually it is very nice in game.  Grin

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 March 27, 00:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seelindarun

A lot of your questions are answered on my site, although they are scattered around and about so you might not have seen them. I did tell everybody new to read the 'Technical Stuff' but very few people do, so I will add my explanation to Dewshines.

Skins come in three basic types Custom (what most people are producing), Genetic (Dewshine & I for example, although there are others) and NPC available. So lets pretend there are five skins you want to add to your game - Fred, 0.01_Fred_genetic, 1.01_Fred_oneSeries, 0.01_Fred_NPCAvailable and 0.01_Alice_genetic.

Now the first thre of those skins all have the same internal numbering. They are all the same skin and you shouldn't use more than one of them in the game or it will get confused. 0.01_Fred_NPCAvailable has the same internal numbering as the others, but is designed to be an add on. You can add it to a game that has 0.01_Fred_genetic and everything will work out fine. I wouldn't, personally, add it to a game with Fred or 1.01_Fred_oneSeries in it, because it doesn't have the same genetic number and I think the game would just get confused again. So out of those first four skins you should really add only one or two of them, depending on which of the first three you pick.

0.01_Alice_genetic has the same genetic number as 0.01_Fred_genetic, but they are different skins and have different internal numbers. It is absolutely fine to have them both in the game at the same time. You can have as many as you want. The real number of all custom skins is 0.00 and nobody tells you there's a limit on how many of those you can have, do they?
« Last Edit: 2007 March 27, 00:23:49 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Doltelme
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 March 27, 11:17:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, thanks everyone, took a while but I think I've got it at last. I appreciate you guys going through this for me Smiley
Nailati
Jailbird
Retarded Reprobate

brainless piece of sack of fruitcakes

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 March 27, 12:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That looks like a really awful rash.

It's fa-NASTY!

With my frock coat and cane I look rather dashing / And my dapper burnsides make me truly look smashing / I keep an eye peeled to see urchins for thrashing / Then I say to them "Good day, sir!" as an epic tongue-lashing. - notovny

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 March 29, 23:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pixie Ruby is up in the standard series now, genetic and NPC Available

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 March 30, 02:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankie much, Madam.  I posted a link to your part of genesims in one of Enayla's threads over at Insim.  Hope that's okay.  Folks were asking about genetic versions so I thought I'd do you a favor...  Grin

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 March 30, 07:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou. I've been meaning to wander over there and have a read of it in any case - so I probably would have ended up doing exactly the same thing.

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 April 12, 19:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  Enayla has struck again!  There's a new pack of "eyes for the eyeless"  that I'll be adding as soon as I can get them sorted.  They are pretty nice eyes too.  I've been working on a website to teach myself how to do it (seeing as I didn't know anything as of yesterday I'm doing well I think.)  I'll blame that for not seeing the eye pack sooner *snicker*

It's off topic but anyone wanting to know the basics of doing a webpage should check out this site: http://www.pagetutor.com/
I was following the tutorial and had a full-scale working page in a few hours.  You can see the fruits of my labors at my site GM_Andy's.  It's not a sims site, but one deciated to my Pitch Black addiction. 

But nevermind that... I'll get the eyes done and posted as soon as I can.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 April 13, 11:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let me know and I'll put a link up for your eyes - I don't have a lot of interest in doing eyes, but I do like downloading them.

As an aside I've had a problem pointed out to me with my NPC versions. I should have ones that actually work as intended (they were overwriting the standard genetics and making them unaccessable) due to some help from SaraMK and Theo

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2007 April 13, 17:50:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, wonderful that you are getting help from these awesome folk, Min.  I don't have the NPC versions in my game so I'll wait to add them until they are working correctly. I looked at all the old eyes I've done by Enayla and realized that I was lacking pictures.  I went and snagged hers and added the value to them that I set the eyes to.  I think though that I need to really look at the odd eyes and make a decision as to place them at 3 (very recessive) or 4 (very very recessive).  I might change them, or not.  I guess it depends on what people want.

PS.  I missed the question about adding the new normal skitones to my 4shared links.  Er... I guess so.  Mim has done them so you can get them there, of course.  In fact other than renaming them that is what I did.  Oh, but they were broken, yeah?  Mim, I think I'll to an "all in one pack" of the newer pixie skins (Including PixieLovless, which came out today) once I get the new eyes done. 
« Last Edit: 2007 April 14, 15:31:54 by dewshine » Logged

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: 2007 April 15, 16:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah nuts.  It looks like I'm double posting but heck... The eyes are up.  Mim I do hope the pics are okay if you want to use them to expand the "enayla's eyes" section over at Genesims.  You may do so, of course.  If you want to keep your own eyes up I can change the picture and tack it on so that the values match.  I don't use the 4 value very much, so those demon eyes of mine are set to 3.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 15, 20:03:41 by dewshine » Logged

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 April 17, 00:26:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It'll be a while before I can touch any eyes. I've finally tracked down exactly how to make the NPC skins work as I want them to. For a while I deluded myself into thinking I could do it with smaller package sizes (making the NPC skins just a small attachment to the geneticised ones) but Theo finally got it through my thick head that it simply can't be done that way. I'm going to use a method suggested to me by SaraMK - cloning them in bodyshop with my own slight twist. It's only the family name that makes them unique. So if I change the family name in SimPE I should be able to get through them faster. I may even do your skins and the furries eventually. Until then it's going to be number changes and testing for me.

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2007 April 17, 01:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem.  Work on your NPC skins and folks can pick up the eyes here for now. I am excited that you got them to work even if it means lots of hacking for you.

imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 April 18, 20:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually did her pixie moss skin as a default alien skin which really makes some beautiful aliens if anyone is interested in it just let me know.

Thanks.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 April 19, 01:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not any hacking at all. I wanted to do them in SimPE - I thought I could just change the family name, but that doesn't work. I'll have to use bodyshop to export and import them back in. There must be some other identification number that I just can't see/alter. Then I just open them in SimPE and make the changes I described earlier in this thread. It's the bodyshop part that is time consuming.

I hate bodyshop. That and my complete lack of artistic talent is why I never went into making my own skins.

Oh, and sure, if I have to be in bodyshop anyway I may as well go through the whole lot and do furry's, normals even dewshine's skins as npcAvailable, but I actually have some real live cash work on at the moment, and it's my 35th on Friday so (nothing personal Wink) I have better things to do than skins at this particular moment. I'll probably start them on Sunday and do them page by page. I'll post here as each page is completed.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 19, 02:28:16 by Madame Mim » Logged

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2007 April 19, 02:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

imyourboy,
I used Jade as a alien default until I had to trouble-shoot Anomaly for someone who had the skin and matching eyes not work quite right.  I'm using PixieMoss as my Plantsim default.  If you want to offer your version, go right ahead.  I don't mind.

Madam Mim,
Ah, I understand.  So the way the NPC skins were they still confilcted with any other versions of the same skin because there's a hidden value that can't be changed in SimPE.

Bugger.

Someone could have used your old NPC skins if they only wanted that version except for the overriding they were doing on the default replacements, from what I gather.  What you want to do is to create a second version with internal numbers that don't conflict.  The only problem I see is that folks won't be able to just switch to them and not use any other version of those skins if the already have a sim in game using it, because the internal numbers would be different and thus the game won't recognize it at the same skin.

That makes things very complicated.  Too bad this seems to be a coded limit within the game itself.  Good luck with BodyShop.

I can tell you this: I have to use bodyshop when I make contacts.  Just copying the original package and changeing names/values/textures in SimPE doesn't work there either.  I feel your pain.  Wink

PS.  Happy Birthday, Madam.  Have a good one and eat lots of cake for everyone!

dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 April 19, 11:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very new to this sort of thing, so I hope you'll forgive me if I ask some stupid questions.  Roll Eyes I really did read the thread first, I swear...

If I download the set of rainbow-colored skins, and make a few sims with them, and have them interbreed... rather than the child always having the color of the mother or the father, the color could be one or the other, or any of the colors in the range inbetween. Is that right?

However, if I have this in my game and breed sims with the regular skin tones, there's no way those rainbow colors will show up in the children. Right? Smiley

What happens if, say, a deep blue faerie and a normal sim have a child?

Thanks!
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 April 19, 13:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their child could end up any shade from the human parent's skin tone up to the darkest human norm or the lightest faerie tone up to the pixie parent's skin. (If I remember how dewshine numbered his skins...)

If I wanted my faeries (or demons) to interbreed with humans, I'd probably use the non-genetic version of the faerie skins so the children will have one parent or the other's skin.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: 2007 April 19, 15:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the non-genetic versions of these skins will give you sims that always breed the dominant custom skintone. 

It's like this: An S1 and an S4 can have S1, S2, S3 and S4 offspring, yeah?  Any sims with modded genetic skins set within those ranges could also pop up  (so if theres an S1.5 value in there it would also have a chance of showing up.)

The oneseries skins are set above the S4+ value.  Or at 1.00+

Normal skins (S1-S4) are set at 0.10 to 0.90, just to clarify.

If you take a S1 sim and breed it with a "blue" sim and that blue skin is set to 1.5 (for example) then any skin from 0.10 to 1.5 could pop up.  So actually, MoonDragoness, you could have the odd skins show. 

My personal example was with an S3.25 valued skintone and PixieHunter as a oneseries.  The baby was PixieGuilt colored, or the darkish blue-gray tone.  I kinda let the sims decide who they liked themselves that time, and I think every child from that pair is going to be a different color!  At least I won't have problems telling them apart.

Yeah, you could get some interesting results, having very dark skintones that fall in the middle, or red, purple, or pale grayish white.  To me it makes sense, because you have no idea what type of pigments are in that blue skin to make it that way, do you?

But if you want to preserve the blue tones, you should try to breed it with another oneseries sim closer in value to it (like the green or the gray) as opposed to using the non-genetic versions which will always place the blue tone as dominant.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 19, 15:38:12 by dewshine » Logged

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 April 21, 12:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehe, I converted the Pixie Moss to alien as well and the Hedonistic eyes are my new alien eyes and I got an anime type pollinator so bring it on!!

I'd really love your geneticised eyes, but the links won't work for me, any reason for that? There's not a lot of them up at the Genemsims site and I'd really like the Eyeless ones *pout*
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2007 April 21, 15:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't mind yahoo groups the same pack is posted there as well. 

Here's a link: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/dewshine_recolors_for_sims2/

I just checked the links to 4shared and they are working.  However, the site is a bit wonky at times when there are too many people trying to download at the once. This is why I also put them up at my yahoo group.

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 April 22, 01:16:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I mention that I love you and want to have your babies?
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 April 22, 02:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have I mentioned that offers like that are just WRONG?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 April 22, 02:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just hope they don't post pictures of the babies here!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: