More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 15:33:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)  (Read 146600 times)
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Anyone want Enayla's Fanasty skins as Genetics? (Added Normal skins)
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 19, 08:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me, these are working best with either alien-fantasy couples who seem to have only fantasy-flavoured children, or all-fantasy couples.  I'm building an enclave in my 'hood with zombies, vampires, weres and fantasy creatures, so I want to keep the offspring in that vein.

I do have a few 'mixed' couples.  I bred an S1-Pixie Winter pair (an approximate skintone range of 0.10 - 1.40) and got a Deep Earth baby!  Shocked  So, there are some unexpected results when you cross normal and fantasy sims.  Cheesy  What I love about this system is that it's simple to set up couples who could spawn surprise fantasy children, or only normal ones, or only fantasy ones.  It's also nice that fantasy couples within a single colour family logically have children in the same colour, mimicking the way normal sims do.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 22, 16:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is strange.  I downloaded your genetically fixed eyes (thanks for that!) and compared it with my Enayla eyes, and there are quite a few you seemed to be missing.  Unless you've changed their names?

Olive
GoldenGreen
OpalescentEyes
RichBlack
SoftCloud

I think those are the eyes she included with her skins, some time back.  The Olive and the RichBlack is quite nice
Raene
Asinine Airhead

Blah.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 22, 20:44:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of those except for Olive I uploaded earlier (post #16). I thought I had them all, but I guess I missed Olive. Cheesy Do you happen to remember which download that may have come with?

~Raene/Nikki
Eventually I might plop something of interest here.
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 23, 01:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question alert -- does the skins' being geneticised also mean that townies and/or NPCs may spawn with these skintones? It sounds like no, but I just wanted to make sure.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 23, 09:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might be this one http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=128180.  It has the RichBlack eyes I think, in that set.

If not it's one of her earlier skins.  During her earlier uploads, she wasn't quite sure how to upload a skin, and I think she uploaded a whole sims instead.

Edit :  Actually it might be this one : http://www.modthesims2.com/creator/showthread.php?t=120016  I think I recognize the Olive eyes in that set
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 23, 09:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid question alert -- does the skins' being geneticised also mean that townies and/or NPCs may spawn with these skintones? It sounds like no, but I just wanted to make sure.

I asked this stupid question before, in the Podium  Smiley and was told that townies will only get the default skins S1-S4.  I have some alternate (but normal) skins set at the same genetic value, and new townies don't seem to get those either.  The alternate skins only come into play in born-in-game sims.

There is a way to make townies generate with custom eyes.  Someone more Awesome may be able to elaborate on that.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

mean sims and empty lots don't mix...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 23, 11:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Olive
GoldenGreen
OpalescentEyes
RichBlack
SoftCloud

These eyes are ones that I made into default replacement eyes.  That is why they are not included in my geneticized  eye pack. 

Here they are if anyone wants them.

* EnalyaDefaultEyeReplacement.rar (154.42 KB - downloaded 343 times.)

My Avie is a Vin Diesel sim.  Get him at My Yahoo Group
thollowood
« Reply #32 on: 2007 March 16, 07:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if you heard but Enayla has been sick,  Sad and her latest posts (Mar 8th or so) on MTS2 indicate she might not be up to snuff for a while yet.  Here's wishing her well!
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 2007 March 16, 18:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seelindarun,

I think you would have to alter the internal numbers to fool the game into thinking that the alternate skins set to the s1, s2,s3,or s4 values were stock skins for the townies to use them... I'm not sure what that would do, actually.  I've heard that by changing the creator # in SimPE to all zeros that the game will remove the '*' symbol, but with skins there are only 4 main icons and without the custom flag those skins might not show. 

Eyes should work the same.  Set the creator number to all zeros in addition to the genetic tag.  They should still show up as options for CAS because there are more icons open for eyes. 

This is all theory, and I could be way off base.

Eh... check genesims!  Madam, hats off to you, I didn't even know you'd cracked this open.  Grin

An easier way would be to custom make your townies by making sims and then using the teleporter shrub to set them as townies.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 16, 18:15:17 by dewshine » Logged

alkaloid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 March 16, 20:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

seelindarun,

I think you would have to alter the internal numbers to fool the game into thinking that the alternate skins set to the s1, s2,s3,or s4 values were stock skins for the townies to use them... I'm not sure what that would do, actually.  I've heard that by changing the creator # in SimPE to all zeros that the game will remove the '*' symbol, but with skins there are only 4 main icons and without the custom flag those skins might not show. 

Eyes should work the same.  Set the creator number to all zeros in addition to the genetic tag.  They should still show up as options for CAS because there are more icons open for eyes. 

This is all theory, and I could be way off base.

Eh... check genesims!  Madam, hats off to you, I didn't even know you'd cracked this open.  Grin

An easier way would be to custom make your townies by making sims and then using the teleporter shrub to set them as townies.

I've made townie-friendly skins, but they don't show up in CAS/BodyShop. Now, someone over on MTS2 (wes_h?) figured out how to make a new collar show up in create-a-pet, and there may be a way to use that information to make townie-friendly skins show up with icons in BodyShop. However, I think we can all see how that is a new and terrible power that would probably explode your game. Or at least your interface.

What I ended up doing is just exporting/importing the skins I wanted in BodyShop. I then cracked open SimPE, set the creator to all zeros and set the genetics. As a result, I ended up with two skin files. One that I could select in CAS/BodyShop, and one that the game could select when spawning. Smiley
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 March 16, 22:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*yawn* Those went up at quarter to one this morning. I've been using them for a while but kept putting off uploading them. You have to set the creator to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 and delete the 'version' and 'product' lines out of the XML Skin section where you already go to change the darkness value.

I'd appreciate you all letting me know if there are any problems with them. You know how it is, you think you are so careful and then you've left pieces out of the link or put the wrong link in entirely.

You must be on the ball Dewshine if you noticed them, they've only been up for just over 9 hours. I didn't think I was getting that kind of traffic - or were you checking to see if the new Enayla skins were done and up yet?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 March 17, 05:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me?  Look to see if the new skins were up?  LOL.  I didn't even realize there were new skins until I stopped over at genesims to look at what was going on.  I've been up to my eye balls in writing computer script for a TES4:Oblivion mod.  I spotted that Enayla had made face replacements for that game and thought, 'gee I wonder if she's making stuff for sims again?' but didn't spot anything at MTS2 and missed her post at Insim... gah.  I'm going blind!   Cheesy

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 March 17, 09:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the webpage I don't even have to look. Somebody always comes and asks, ever so politely, if I'm planning to do the new ones too. So then I know that there are new ones and I go and look for them.

The first time it happened I even had to ask the poster where she was posting now.

Wink

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 March 25, 08:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enayla just released 4 new fanasty skins.  I shall add them to my oneseries and post them at the top of the thread.  Madam, you already have permission to add them to your area at genesims.  I included individual pictures of the 3 skins in the .rar.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 25, 10:05:34 by dewshine » Logged

Doltelme
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 March 25, 11:57:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, thanks for doing this Dewshine Smiley

I'm not entirely clear on what the normal sets will do in my game if I add them. I presume they'll be available as custom skins in CAS, except they'll be mixable with other tones when breeding Sims in-game right? Will these also appear on NPCs/Townies generated by the game, or will my default replacements have to suffice there?

Will you be adding the other normal Pixie tones that were released after you originally posted these (these ones) to your 'normal' sets? Sorry if you already added those, I just didn't see a note saying you had Smiley
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 March 25, 16:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read farther up in the thread, all of your questions will be answered.  Smiley

Also, if you follow the link in Madame Mim's sig, you'll find NPC-/Townie- friendly versions of every skin published by Enayla.
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 March 25, 17:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missing PixiePearl coming!  Will add the file and picture to the first post.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 March 26, 00:21:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, not all of them, just the normals I think. I didn't really think anyone would want the unique skins turning up on townies. Although I have a waiter with Blue Midnight skin and that's fairly unique when most of my CAS sims tend to be in the pale tones.

And thanks for the extended permission. I shall get on to it now.

edit: Your pictures were a little dark, so I went and nicked them directly from Enayla's Insim page. But they're up (or, at least, I will upload the pages I just fixed after I post this).
« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 01:20:55 by Madame Mim » Logged

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 March 26, 03:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

No worries... Stupid bodyshop pics I took aren't the best, lol.  I just couldn't be arsed to fire up the game at 5am when Enayla first posted the skins (or, err when I noticed them).

The page looks sweet.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 March 26, 11:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Shalu
Tongue]

----- Original Message -----
To: <mad.mim@bigpond.net.au>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 7:17 PM
Subject: Genensims

> Sorry to bother, but you might want to revise Pixie Ruby. It's a non-fantasy
> skin. It's actually her Pixie Ashes with the markings removed. I got them
> off Insimenator, and she mentioned it specifically in the thread. I'd have
> contacted Dewshine, too, but I don't know how.
> Have a nice day Smiley
>

I just replied to Shalu that she should come here and tell you this herself, and then I thought that maybe she wouldn't want to enroll here just to repeat herself, so I thought I'd post it myself.

I'm going to do it in my standard line. If you want me to remove it from the oneseries let me know.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 28, 23:14:12 by Madame Mim » Logged

dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 March 26, 14:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, I'll keep it as a Oneseries, and you can make it into a normal skin.  That way folks have their choice.  Personally it's just a shade too grey or something for my taste as a fully normal skin and I think it work well as a varation for the fanasty skins. Go ahead and take it down if you want. Or leave it up... Folks don't have to download it if they don't want to.

Doltelme
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 March 26, 14:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you read farther up in the thread, all of your questions will be answered.  Smiley

Also, if you follow the link in Madame Mim's sig, you'll find NPC-/Townie- friendly versions of every skin published by Enayla.
I have read the thread but I'm just not completely understanding it (never used this particular kind of custom content before), just a little yay or nay on my interpretation was all I was after Smiley

I took a look at Mim's stuff before making that post and my problem at the time was that it looks like on certain skins you have to choose which one you want, as say 2 different skins will have the same number in the scale. My problem is that I'm greedy and want them all available in my game separately Smiley I'll have to take another look and mix and match if need be.

And uh, if I'm wrong, please smack me, admittedly I'm sleep-deprived the past few days so I could just be missing obvious things!
dewshine
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 March 26, 16:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doltelme,
Actually, you can have as many skins in the game with the same value as you want.  You can have Madam Min's NPC skins alongside the genetic versions as well.  What you can't have is Enayla's original non-modded skins with the genetic versions as they are the same skin.  This was done on purpose so that folks switching from the non-modded skins to the genetic ones would not have sims reverting to maxis skintones.  Don't use my normal genetic skintones with Madam Min's normal genetic skintones! They are the same skins.  Pick one or the other.  My oneseries is similar.  Decide if you want a the pale skins as pale or oneseries.  The game will be confused if you use both because the internal data inside the .package file is the same.  (IE Min's PixieHunter, VampireGrace, FaeBlue, and PixieHaunt are the same skin as my oneseries versions just with different genetic values.  I thought they were too grey to be 'normal' skins.)  The same goes for any skin that she's done as normal and I've done as a oneseries.  Just pick which way you want the skin to show up in your game.  You can use the NPC versions of those skins though.

My genetic versions of the normal skintones are exactly like Min's.  The show up in CAS as custom skins and when using the make-a-baby feature they show up just like the maxis tones (IE, a dark skinned sim and a light skinned sim can produce a child with any tone between theirs).  They don't show up for NPCs. The game sees them as custom and playable sims are the only ones that get these skins.  If you want the NPCs to have these skin tones then you'll have to have the NPC versions...  They don't show up in CAS, but using the randomizing button you can still access them.  If you want to be able to pick specific skins you need both versions.

Now, what was the question again? Cheesy
« Last Edit: 2007 March 26, 16:48:17 by dewshine » Logged

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 March 26, 18:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if I sounded cranky; I wasn't feeling that way.  Honest!  Cheesy

Let me just give you an example of my setup.  I have roughly 35 custom skins geneticised in the normal range from 0.01 - 0.99.  Plus, the whole one series, another 15 skins or so.  Additionally I have 4 default replacements in the normal range, and 3 more for aliens, zombies and vampires.  My townies only spawn with the defaults mainly just because I like to keep my DL folder under control.  55 skins take up a lot of space!  Occasionally, I need to make a special sim in CAS so I like the whole spectrum available to me there.  If I wanted townies to be able to pick up the skins too, I'd have to have doubles and that's too much load for me.

Many of the skins have the same genetic value, but none of them are duplicates.  i.e. I happen to have 3 skins valued at 0.10, but I only have a single copy of any given skin.  I had a female sim with one of the custom skins = 0.10, and a townie with the default replacement, who spawned a baby boy with the third skin available at that value.  Variety is good!  Grin

I like having Pixie Ruby available in the one range, because one of the things I do is to 'sneak' in an almost-normal, unadorned sim into a normal suburban family.  Though I wouldn't want this to happen all the time, it's amusing when a boring, overachieving family spawns a red mutant!  Cheesy
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 March 26, 18:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Allright, Here's PixiePearl!  This file only has the skintone in it.  If you want the eyes then you'll need the above rar.
That looks like a really awful rash.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: