More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 04:46:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  An Apartment Building
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: An Apartment Building  (Read 6564 times)
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
An Apartment Building
« on: 2008 September 02, 03:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here it is. My first non-Exchange upload. This is loosely based on some floorplans I found online for luxury apartments. http://rapidshare.com/files/141947898/Luxury_Apartments_take_2.rar.html
I'm not sure if this will work, so please tell me if it doesn't.

It is on the 2nd largest lot availabe, and there are 4 units ranging in price from 8,044 to 8,257. Every unit has 2 bedrooms, 2 and a half baths, a fireplace, plumbing, major appliances, a garage, and an outdoor area. Each unit also features exposed brick walls to make it feel more like an urban flat. There are 2 common areas, one on the first floor and one on the top. The first floor common area has a pool and a seating area. The second floor common area has a fitness center, a game lounge, and a bar with the flat-screen tv. There is also a playground in the back.

Only one unit is fully furnished, just to give an idea of layout. The rest only include appliances and plumbing, since that is all that would stay when moving sims in anyway. My decidely non-awesome screenshots are below.

The exterior.                                                                                     

And interior of furnished unit.

The lobby.

The community pool.

The fitness area.

And the bar/gaming area.

The custom content pictured in second screenshot but not included in the download are:
Organically Atomic Rug Recolor from Holy Simoly
Annie Modular Sofa by Blakeboy at MTS2
Hampton Desk by lara9taylor at MTS2
Colonial Tub Curtain Recolor by Piggis Sims
I used Clean Installer, so the only custom content included is the Simple Paint A in Bright White by Adele at (again) MTS2. I would've replaced this with more EAxis stuff, but couldn't find a nice substitute. Also, I have all expansions and stuff packs, so you might need those, too.

Edited to correct credits for rug recolor and Colonial Tub recolor.

ETA: MOAR pictures. Sorry for the small size on the last ones, I somehow forgot how to use Imageshack.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 04, 07:32:10 by smellyarmando » Logged

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: An Apartment Building
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 02, 08:18:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, not bad. The only comment I'd make is that you have created rooms that are really large. I reckon it'd take a sim a fair while to cross that apartment!  Cheesy You could also use the roofslopeangle cheat to make the incline a bit less steep, the roof seems to tower over the lot.

I like the way you've done the garages and balconies though. Maybe pop into the game and take some more shots, that would be helpful. It would be good to see the community areas.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 02, 10:09:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cool, those rooms are very big, you could split them in half and create more bedrooms.  Grin
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 02, 15:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, big rooms and big roof are big.  But in my limited building experience I've learned it's easier to deal with too much space than it is deal with too little.
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 02, 15:55:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'Pig' is Piggi's Sims 2-
http://www.piggis-sims.net/
Blech
Garrulous Gimp

Moar Stanky Than You

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 04, 06:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, the rooms are big because I made the mistake of going into this with a particular family in mind, one of my sim families just had twins (only my second set ever), so I wanted the rooms to be big enough for both of them to have their own closet and lots of personal space. The roof is big because I have never tried to use the roof slope cheat and just always use auto-roof, but no time like the present to get educated! Since it doesn't seem to be too awful overall, I can use my future mastery of the roof cheat to make even more awesome lots to share. Thanks for the feedback!

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Evil is profitable only when everyone is not evil.
Moar words of wisdom from our wise and bearded Fearless Leader.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: