More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:42:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Exchange a new hood with an old one
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Exchange a new hood with an old one  (Read 4867 times)
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Exchange a new hood with an old one
« on: 2007 February 07, 04:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this hood, and it got destroyed when I installed Pets, and I didnīt had the enegy to fix it so I deleted it ... which I regreted later *geez*  Roll Eyes

Now, when cleaning up my folders, I found a back-up  Shocked But in the meantime I have been building up a new mainhood (only lansscaping and houses), and Iīm really satisfied with it and would rather use it instead of the old mainhood.

The situation in my old hood is that all my sims is still on campus except for 3 sims who have graduated and have moved to the mainhood.

If I move those 3 sims to the sims-bin, can I in some way exchange the new mainhood with the old mainhood Huh I know how to do the terrain surgery ...  Smiley

Rose
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Exchange a new hood with an old one
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 07, 06:01:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not put sims in the sim-bin to move from 'hood to 'hood. Don't. It's a surefire way to blow up both 'hoods.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 07, 06:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... I didnīt intend to move them to another hood ... I just wanted to replace the old main hood with the new mainhood (including the hooddecor and houses) ... like terrain surgery ... but I need to know how I can do it ... do I make sence ?

Rose
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 07, 06:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Replacing the old with the new amounts to the same as moving from hood to hood. The problem is that the sims are going to bring memories of people who, according to the hood, don't exist. The game will then create copies of those missing people....this is a VBT!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 07, 06:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But there is no sims in the new hood ... it is a completely clean and empty hood ... never played just buildings and trees ... all townies and memories etc is cleaned out with SimPE

I had the idea that I could just remove the old N00x.package and replace it with the new N00x.package ... but since there is a university connected to the old N00x.package, Iīm not sure if it would work

Itīs times like this that I realize just how poor my english is ... I know what I want, I just canīt explain it properly ... sorry guys

Rose
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 07, 06:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you want to use the three graduated sims in the new neighbourhood which is currently empty?
There is no clean way to transfer the sims between hoods without garbage files and problems.

So you'll need to export the sims with SimPE Sim Surgery and re-create them in CAS.
All achievements, memories and relationships need to be reapplied which can be very tedious.

Personally, I would create the sims as adults and use the FFS Debugger to "Upgrade Pre-Uni Sim".
The basic relationships can be made, important memories can be reproduced although I'd let them start fresh.
Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 07, 07:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I do not want to move the sims out of the hood ...

I want to have them in the bin, while I switch hoods ... like if I was doing a terrain surgery ... but instead of just a new terrain upon the old terrain, I want to "paste" a terrain with trees and houses "upon" the existing terrain that also have trees and houses... the sims should stay in the hood ... in the bin ...

Rose

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 07, 07:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is what I hear you want to do:

Take three sims who live in a populated hood. They've met people, have friends, lived their pixelated lives, etc.
Put them in the sim-bin.
Create a blank hood..never used never populated...blank.
Take the three sims out of the bin and move them into the blank hood

Yes?

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 07, 07:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly what I want to do ... can it be done  Huh

Rose
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 07, 07:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it can be done.
No, it shouldn't.

Let's call your three "Tom, Dick, and Kari". When you move them into the bin, the game tries to retain all of their memories (met Joe, potty trained by George, kissed Sue, etc.). In order to do that, the game creates a copy of each and every one of the sims Tom, Dick, and Kari have ever met. That isn't a big deal if they move into the hood where those sims live (Joe, George, and Sue). If you move Tom, Dick, and Kari into a hood where Joe, George, and Sue have never lived, then the game is going to add Joe, George, and Sue into that hood...just so that Tom, Dick and Kari can keep their memories.

This sort of thing causes very bad things to happen to the game. Don't do it.

Others who are more awesome than I can tell you how to clone Tom, Dick, and Kari so that you can get a hood with just them in it, but you shouldn't put the originals into any hood they didn't come out of.

Does that make sense?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 07, 08:05:03 by ElfPuddle » Logged

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 07, 07:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it make sence, and I assume that I canīt let them stay in the hood, while switching the hoods, like I could do if I did the terrain surgery, right ?

Rose
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 07, 08:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right. That causes the same problems as moving from 'hood to 'hood.

Mizz Rose Bud
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 07, 08:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh well ... thanks for helping me, before I ruined my game completely Smiley

Rose
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 07, 08:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you should be able to do it.
Go to your NEW hood and put all the empty, unplayed house into the lot bin.
Go to SimPE and perform terrain surgery so the OLD hood has the NEW terrain.
Go back to OLD hood, place houses and move sims in.
As long as the sims never leave the sim bin, as opposed to the lot bin which they should NEVER be in, it should be fine, but wil take a bit of work.
If you have lots in your old hood you may want to delete them before the terrain surgery.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: