More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 01:00:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  FUBAR'ed restaurant prices
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FUBAR'ed restaurant prices  (Read 4941 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
FUBAR'ed restaurant prices
« on: 2007 February 02, 05:31:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A Sim goes out to eat and orders Filet Mignon. The bill is $2. Same Sim with a date goes out and they order spaghetti and cake. The bill is $64. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it but I haven't been charged the correct amount for a restaurant meal in ages. I'm not even sure when it started because until recently I hadn't sent my Sims out to Community lots very often. I can say that it may have started after OFBp1, but before FFS, GL, and OFBp2. I don't have Pets installed.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: FUBAR'ed restaurant prices
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 02, 05:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have Pets and the same issue.  But my Sims were charged four bucks for the Filet Mignon last night (maybe they got a better cut??)

I don't recall it happening in OFB; maybe since GL (no FFS installed).

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 02, 06:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it was pre-GL because I just installed that recently.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 02, 06:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue, but noticed that it doesn't always happen.

Is it possible that one of the bill-paying hacks adds those lovely dining coupons to our Sims' invisible personal inventory and activates when they eat out?

(I'm not going to complain too much, however!)

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 02, 06:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does having a good relationship with the staff (waiter? concierge or whatever?) have anything to do with lowering prices?  Or did I imagine that.  I personally wouldn't know, because I rarely ever send my sims to go out to dinner.  I may send them downtown on dates, but rarely have them sit down to eat at a restaurant.  And even then, I haven't really done any of those restauranty specific things (or had them done to me) like waiters spilling food or dine and dashing.  I should try that once, just to see. Hehe. Cheesy

Ste

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 02, 06:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Pets, and i've noticed it for quite a while now.  Might i add tho, the prices seem okay if i send them on dates to another playables restraraunt.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 02, 09:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does having a good relationship with the staff (waiter? concierge or whatever?) have anything to do with lowering prices?  Or did I imagine that.  I personally wouldn't know, because I rarely ever send my sims to go out to dinner.  I may send them downtown on dates, but rarely have them sit down to eat at a restaurant.  And even then, I haven't really done any of those restauranty specific things (or had them done to me) like waiters spilling food or dine and dashing.  I should try that once, just to see. Hehe. Cheesy

Ste

If it's due to friendship with the staff you get a little pop-up saying, "Since you're such good friends with SimX, 30% of your bill has been comped", or something to that effect.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 02, 11:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Food prices are just wonky, and have been since the beginning. Sometimes my sims can get lobster for a couple of simoleons and then get charged an arm and a leg for something like mac&cheeese. I haven't found any pattern to it. I've always figured it was either broken or random, and thought it was annoying that the price on the menu isn't the price you're actually charged.

Haven't tried it with owned lots though. Maybe that works as it should.

Fail.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 03, 01:12:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this problem since before Pets, though I'm not sure when it started. Perhaps it's because I rarely send my sims to community lots, but I only ever have the cheaply priced bills, not the 'arm and leg' prices that others have mentioned. I wondered if it was due to some hack, but now I see that it's probably just a 'feature.'

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 03, 06:55:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed it since OFB. Another annoyance since OFB is that the jukeboxes and stereos are all turned off now when entering a community lot. And of course the half-full bladder bar. Angry Grr.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 05, 17:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the restaurant thing, too, and I've all EPs but no SPs, so it's not a GL thing.

I also have an issue that seems to have carried over from sims 1: sometimes my sim will freeze in the booth and be unable to be interacted with, unable to leave, not even making small "I'm alive" movements. I figure, the other sim killed her XD

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: