More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 21:34:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Clothing Organization - and PLEASE don't send me to SimPE!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Clothing Organization - and PLEASE don't send me to SimPE!!!  (Read 20324 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Clothing Organization - and PLEASE don't send me to SimPE!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2007 February 04, 09:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meshes normally do not appear in the clothing catalog unless the mesh included a "template texture", often one in a flat tone that is obviously a non-outfit. These may normally be safely deleted from in-game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

Esteemed Senator Emeritus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 February 04, 19:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I probably could snatch the bitmap of the skin and smack it onto a default Maxis mesh, depending on how they did their UV Map, it may not work, since they can sometimes make things suck very badly and it may not match up very well at all. Tongue

I have an idea. Please forgive me if it's totally stupid, but if it's at all posssible to do I'd be in heaven.
 I want to know if it would be possible to somehow be able to identify which is the mesh item when looking at the thumbnails.
 My trying to clean up what I consider ugly or unwanted hair colors/textures from within CAS or bodyshop has unfortunately resulted in deleting a couple of  meshes. Trying to use clean installer is mostly useless for such a project as this. So if there were an easy to use program where I could look at a hair style, recognize which hair style it is,  be able to tell which one of the three shades of black is the actual mesh, and then delete the unwanted colors on the spot...that would be awesome.
I know what you mean I think. This is rare, but sometimes mesh creators will bundle in the base color/style of the piece of clothing WITH the mesh, and if this is what you mean, then yeah, it'll be able to ID that, and possibly remove the default option from the mesh package while leaving the mesh intact if they went that route.
The other feature that would be of interest to me is the skin/mesh matching. Perhaps you can provide a way to examine a mesh and see a list (picture?) of associated skins? And on the flip side, a utility to find skins unmatched to meshes would be good too.
Snatching all recolors associated with a mesh (or vice versa) is definitely doable, though may be slowish, unless I have it build cache or something somehow. I'll make a note to do that too. Smiley

Nifty Sims hacks and programs at: DJS Sims
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 February 05, 05:11:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'll admit to confusing objects and hair. It's not the first time I've been confused and certainly won't be the last. The older I get the more time I spend confused.  Grin
 But I still have the hair problem with clicking on a hair style in CAS and finding my sim with a hollow head. Maybe I've taken the mesh and original colors out and these are recolors that weren't removed because they were by a different artist. Would the orphaned mesh part of this tool help sort this out?
I'm confused by this because I don't know if you are talking about identifying meshes that don't have any textures, or if it means identifying textures that have the mesh missing, or both?
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 February 05, 10:57:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mesh is the shape of the garment including shoes or whatever, it's a whole body thing. Textures / recolours are the same AFAIK, they colour in the shape of the mesh. If you have a colour but no shape then you might have the effect you mention.

I'm hoping that jfade is talking about both shapes that have no colours and colours that have no shapes.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 February 05, 11:17:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm confused by this because I don't know if you are talking about identifying meshes that don't have any textures, or if it means identifying textures that have the mesh missing, or both?
Both. Smiley

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 February 05, 16:55:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...does a happy dance. Thank you!
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 February 05, 21:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An option to add a description would be awesome. It annoys me to have to click on every piece of jewelry to try and find what I'm looking for. I know how to add a description in Simpe, but that also annoys me.

jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 February 06, 13:54:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If by description you mean tooltip, then yes, that will be in there. Smiley

BTW, anyone have any ideas for the name this program should have?

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 February 06, 14:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mesh/texture sorter?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 February 06, 19:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JFade's Awesome Clothing Tool
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 February 06, 20:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I was thinking "Jfade is Awesome and so is his tool"...err, wait uhm, no, nevermind.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 February 06, 21:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade's:

Fashion Friend
Fashion Fiesta
Fixit Fashion
Clean Clobber
Fancy Fashion Fixes
Clever Clothes Cleaner
Sorting Drawer
Super Sorter

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 February 06, 22:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wardrobe Wrangler
Outfit Organizer
LadyLiberty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 February 07, 03:28:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, pinch me...  it's too early in the evening for me to be dreaming, surely? 

Am I reading this properly?  Is this for more than just Bodyshop/CAS?  If so... 

jfade's Fixit Toolbox (and yes, I do believe the contents of those change from time to time, don't they?)

I swear...  half the fun of this game is watching the brilliant minds that get involved. 

Thanks in advance *puts order in early and often*   Grin
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2007 February 07, 05:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd call it The Laundromat.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 February 07, 12:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to be to indentify which mesh is missing for a clothing item....  I run CAS in debug and it doesn't show enough info to know what mesh is missing. It only says something like "AMBodyOverall" but isn't that the maxis mesh the base mesh is made from?

If it's going to have the abilty to change the tool tip.... can it have the ability to copy and paste the file name to the tooltip.... and being able to give a group of files a sequential tooltip... such as "Creator Tshirt #???"...

Also I use quite a few skintones that use specific meshes..... would be nice to be able to see the sim in a true "nude" state so that if the skintone uses a mesh with "attachments" you could make a decision before you used the skintone in a game and then have to use sim surgery to change the skintone....

can't think of much else but i'm sure i'll come up with more later...

Thanks for all your effort Jfade     Grin
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 February 07, 15:05:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really liked the wall-floor editor jfade, the same batch renaming would be awesome (but not changing the filenames, just the tooltips maybe as Scratch suggested) That way I could find the clothes I wanted to make available for other categories, such as underwear or swimwear, without wrestling bodyshop. Smiley
I'm looking forward to this clothing tool altogether, thanks!
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2007 February 08, 06:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Batch tooltip changing is a Can-Do, I'll make a note of it. Smiley

Also I use quite a few skintones that use specific meshes..... would be nice to be able to see the sim in a true "nude" state so that if the skintone uses a mesh with "attachments" you could make a decision before you used the skintone in a game and then have to use sim surgery to change the skintone....
Unfortunately, that's something I can't really do, 3D wise that is. I'd be able to let you see the various flat pictures of the skin tone, but nothing beyond that, and if I end up making it so it uses Maxis previews, it'll not really show much of anything at all. Though, I could still have it so that it shows both maxis previews and the flat images in the file... *Ponders...*

I really like the idea of "Wardrobe Wrangler" though Jordi, so unless someone else suggests something more awesome, I think I may have to use that.  Tongue

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 February 08, 07:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Wardrobe Wrangler too!

Suggestion on the nudes: Export the white undies and black out the alpha.  Pop that into your game when you're "test fitting" your skintones.  Take it out when you're actually playing (unless you really hate the white undies and would rather your Sims ran around nekkid).
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 February 08, 08:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...Though, I could still have it so that it shows both maxis previews and the flat images in the file... *Ponders...*

That would be awesome, I find it hard to picture the clothes off a flat file.

ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 February 09, 06:18:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If we could make collections of clothes.. *dreams. If we could clean and organize in the WARDROBES. *drools I know that isnt the goal of your astounding project, but that would be SO useful, I do hate when the wardrobes of houses get swamped with absolutely wrong clothe items.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 February 17, 06:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ability to family the hairs, so if you switch from color to color, your Sim keeps the same hair.

Another awesome thing I'd want to see, though I have no idea if it would actually be feasible, is the ability to remove the shoes off of an outfit.  Like swimwear with high heels, blech.  Maybe Seasons would actually make that part easier, I dunno.

I know this is quite an old topic but I just thought I would stop by and mention that I used to use DatGen to family my hairs. I never quite worked out how to do anything else with it but it worked really well for that task!
jfade
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2007 February 18, 17:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to drop a quick note...

I'm now looking for testers as the beta is nearly ready, and I'm especially wanting testers who play on the Mac. I'm looking for about 10-20 mac testers and about half that number of additional Windows testers, unless many of the other testers I've used in the past are unavailable again. Anyhow, if you're interested, please send an email to jfade AT djssims.com letting me know what expansions you have installed and your OS, and I should send out the links to the forum to those selected when it's ready. Smiley

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 February 18, 22:50:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

jfade you rock!  Grin

Count on me as a Mac tester for sure (email is on the way).

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 February 22, 13:27:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if you are still taking suggestions, but what would be neat is  a better way to create clothing collections.  The one provided by EA is piss poor (what a suprise).

Clothing collections are not super super useful in game, as it's only avalaible in CAS, but they might have a couple of practical applications.  For example, when trying to clean up/purge your clothing, a thumb nail picture or a texture picture is better than nothing, but it really only gives you a rough idea of what the clothing is.  You really need to be in the game to decide if clothing is worth keeping or sucks lemons.

So one practical aspect to this would be for example, select a bunch of clothing, create a collection with it, and then load up your collection in CAS to determine if it's worthing keeping or not. 

Then we'd need a means to identify orphan meshes Smiley

And another cool feature would be the ability to re-order your clothes.  I'd love to be able to push the stuff I don't care about in the back of my virtual closet and keep the stuff I like near the beginning.  That would be awesome for makeup as well!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: