More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:30:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100678 times)
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #300 on: 2006 February 22, 23:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but I'm not seeing the "upgrade pre-Uni Sims" which is suppose to fix moved in mascots and the like, right, so they'll have the right number of slots and such? I have a house with two former mascots living in it now and neither have the right slots and the option isn't showing up.
It doesn't work for college dropouts. Only people who never went get the option.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2006 February 22, 23:35:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right; you need TwoJeffs College Adjuster Plus to fix ex-dormies/NPCs from University.  It'll let you fix their want slots and locks, grades, etc.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: 2006 February 22, 23:54:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they were supposed to "graduate" when you moved them in with their boyfriend/girlfriend/etc?  Huh That's what I'd always heard, I thought...

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2006 February 23, 00:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving mascots into the main hood is a problem, maybe the debugger just doesn't recognise them?

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: 2006 February 23, 00:07:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh that could be...they supposedly fixed the mascots, but we know how accurate Maxis is when it comes to what they've fixed Tongue

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2006 February 23, 00:14:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they were supposed to "graduate" when you moved them in with their boyfriend/girlfriend/etc?  Huh That's what I'd always heard, I thought...
No, they drop out. If they'd graduated, then they would have 6 want slots. They weren't booted out, as then they'd have 4 fear slots.

In the case you described, the effect is the same as if they had selected Call.../College, then Registrar - Drop Out (I can't actually remember the name for that option, but it's something like that). I think what the debugger looks for is any indication of if they went to college, and bases the logic for displaying the Upgrade Pre-Uni Sims option on that.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2006 February 23, 00:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And since they will have the Went to College memory, the debugger presumably assumes they are not pre-uni sims!

But you can use the electronics tree from TJ to give them the extra slots.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2006 February 23, 00:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the game thinks they're already graduated, the option won't appear because the graduation data is corrupt. Use the Jeffian College Adjuster to add the missing items manually.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2006 February 23, 00:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And next time, move them into a college lot and make them work like everyone else to get their degree! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: 2006 February 23, 01:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, okay, I must've misheard something somewhere along the line. Thanks for the help all. Smiley

LOL ZZ, it's for a legacy so I'm not sure if that would be within the rules or not Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2006 February 23, 02:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose it depends on the rules! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2006 February 23, 05:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where exactly are they?  I have all mine in Downloads>Hacks>Pescado/TJ/Crammyboy etc. and they all work fine.
They're in Downloads\Hacks.  I even tried moving them up into the main Downloads folder, but it didn't help.

Just an off-the-cuff question - you have enabled viewing of custom content in your build/buy catalogues have you?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2006 February 23, 13:06:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, they drop out. If they'd graduated, then they would have 6 want slots. They weren't booted out, as then they'd have 4 fear slots.

No, that's not always true -- I just moved a college dormie in with his boyfriend, and while he didn't get the extra want slots, he did come with a graduated memory and a diploma.  According to the Prima guide at least (I know, not always the best source of info), the status of a dormie becoming playable by moving in with a playable sim is supposed to track the playable sim's status.  IOW, if the playable graduted, the game treats the dormie as graduated; if the playable dropped out, the dormie dropped out.  The College Adjuster lets you easily make them 'true' graduates, by giving them grades and the extra want slots and locks.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: 2006 February 23, 13:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, Witch. I am a custom-content junkie Wink so I definately keep it enabled. I can buy the debugger, just wasn't seeing the options I expected.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2006 February 23, 14:09:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's not always true -- I just moved a college dormie in with his boyfriend, and while he didn't get the extra want slots, he did come with a graduated memory and a diploma.  According to the Prima guide at least (I know, not always the best source of info), the status of a dormie becoming playable by moving in with a playable sim is supposed to track the playable sim's status.  IOW, if the playable graduted, the game treats the dormie as graduated; if the playable dropped out, the dormie dropped out.  The College Adjuster lets you easily make them 'true' graduates, by giving them grades and the extra want slots and locks.

I think there's a difference between dormies and mascots in this respect, although I personally always make dormies graduate same as any other sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: 2006 February 23, 14:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the "move in" option work in Uni now, then? I haven't tried it since before the first NL patch (maybe even before NL, I don't remember) and it sure didn't work for me, and someone somewhere told me it was broken Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2006 February 23, 16:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always managed to get dormies to move in - but you can't do it in dorms if they already live there!  But if they are friends and your sim lives in a house (not a Greek House) then your sim can just ask them to move in.  If it's a Greek House, then you'd have to go through the normal procedure, i think.

Another thing you can do, of course, is to use the mind control mirror and the teleporter and get them to find own place - but you always, I think, need to unattached members of the default house on the lot for it to work.  Once they are in the Students' Bin, they can be treated like any other student - since they will only have 500 simoleons if you do it this way, they would presumably have to move into a dorm first.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2006 February 24, 06:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, Witch. I am a custom-content junkie Wink so I definately keep it enabled. I can buy the debugger, just wasn't seeing the options I expected.

Now I'm confused - I thought it was paranoidandroid who was having problems? And ZZ was helping her/him?
I think we might have crossed our wires here.  Huh

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2006 February 24, 11:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the trouble with long and involved threads!  Lots of crossed wires.....

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: 2006 February 24, 13:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm confused - I thought it was paranoidandroid who was having problems? And ZZ was helping her/him?
I think we might have crossed our wires here.  Huh

Oops! I should have looked more closely to who you were responding to Cheesy I jumped in and started pestering everyone too, so ZZ was helping both of us, being such a lovely helpful person. The wires were crossed on my end, as is so often the case Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2006 February 24, 13:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I'm confused! Grin  But did I help?

Zephyr Zodiac
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: 2006 February 24, 13:17:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL

Yes you did Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2006 February 24, 13:19:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's good to know! 

Zephyr Zodiac
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2006 February 27, 17:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of sims who's diploma's changed to other sims when first sim moved out.  How do I use the debugger to re-issue the diploma to the sim.  It does say only works in debug mode.  Now does that mean I have to use the boolprop testingcheats enabled true, and then am I in debug mode?  I did that and the box did not give any options of reissue said sims diploma.  If not then can I get some details for dummies on this procedure.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2006 February 27, 17:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the sim in question still have a diploma, even if it's the wrong one?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: