More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:21:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100305 times)
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #250 on: 2006 January 17, 15:07:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question about the randomizer, how long does it take after you select randomize for it to regenerate and quit the lot? I ask because I have selected the randomizer after saving the lot and I get the pop up, but it never quits or does anything beyond the popup. I haven't had a problem with mini-me's yet so either it's working (?) or it's a non issue currently in my game. Although I dont have that many births happening currently either.

It takes a few seconds (less than a minute, in my experience) before it returns to the neighborhood view.

Are you getting the second popup that states how many objects were fixed?

Karen
« Last Edit: 2006 January 17, 15:18:24 by karen » Logged
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2006 January 17, 16:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No just the one randomizer popup that says its going to quit the lot and then nothing happens.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2006 January 17, 16:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No just the one randomizer popup that says its going to quit the lot and then nothing happens.

Maybe you have a hack conflict somewhere, because that's definitely not normal behavior.  You should always get a message saying how many objects were fixed, and only then does it exit to the neighborhood.

Karen
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2006 January 17, 19:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How long are you waiting? in my game the length of time varies before the second pop up, pops up. the more it's randomiizing the longer it takes ie; 13 "fixed objects" results in only a short wait but 27 takes much longer, long enough that the first time I thought it had froze or something (and I'm on a fast computer)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2006 January 17, 21:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesnt freeze or anything, everything is just as it was before I clicked on it. I can continue to play etc and it never exits the lot. I get the one pop up warning and that is it. Its supposed to fix things? I thought it was supposed to randomize the next birth not fix something. What is it fixing?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2006 January 17, 22:51:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesnt freeze or anything, everything is just as it was before I clicked on it. I can continue to play etc and it never exits the lot. I get the one pop up warning and that is it. Its supposed to fix things? I thought it was supposed to randomize the next birth not fix something. What is it fixing?

odd, you must have a defective version, I suggest redownloading *giggles* seriously you may have a hack conflict but I have no idea what it could be conflicting with  Huh

the "fixed however many objects" message dosen't mean it actually "fixed" anything...unless you think of it as fixing the first born effect, which it does do  Cheesy

After clicking on it, you should get a message like "do you really want to do this" (god I have a bad memory and I use the damn thing alot!) after saying yes, it should pause/freeze your game, then a message should pop up saying how many objects it has fixed and then it takes you back to the neighborhood screen.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2006 January 18, 00:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "objects fixed" is actually referring to how many sims were randomly generated, which it must discard by exiting without saving.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2006 January 28, 09:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FIX BROKEN MOOD BOOSTS:  Fixes the platinum-asp mood boosts for all sims on the lot.

I've read all the posts and still don't quite understand this. Sometimes a Sim will have wants and even though they fulfill several wants they don't get an aspiration boost on any of them. Along with this, sometimes the want stays in their want slot but at other times the slot rerolls-without an aspiration boost. But when I click on the debugger the option to FIX BROKEN MOOD BOOSTS doesn't appear. But then at other times when they are actually getting their aspiration boosts correctly and I click on the debugger for another reason (like randomizing before giving birth) the option is there.

Am I supposed to enable cheats, or shift click or what is it I am doing wrong? And why does the option only seem to appear when their asp boosts are working correctly?

BTW, I noticed the update on the debugger today. The one I was using was dated 14 Jan 2006. So I downloaded it and will try to see if it is different, but I didn't see any documentation saying that part of the debugger had changed.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2006 January 29, 04:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a 'nuke orphan sound effects' option to the debugger? I have one house in particular where the SSX3 sounds come up for no reason, and it's driving me batty. I deleted the video game player, the computer is no autonomy, but the sound still plays. Also, it happens with sinks sometimes, they'll finish but the water running sound still goes. That's not as annoying as the other, though, since you can delete the sink but I have no way to get rid of whatever's creating that sound...
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2006 January 29, 04:07:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to add a 'nuke orphan sound effects' option to the debugger? I have one house in particular where the SSX3 sounds come up for no reason, and it's driving me batty. I deleted the video game player, the computer is no autonomy, but the sound still plays. Also, it happens with sinks sometimes, they'll finish but the water running sound still goes. That's not as annoying as the other, though, since you can delete the sink but I have no way to get rid of whatever's creating that sound...

I'm having a problem with the expensive shower ALWAYS continually running water after the sim is done.  The water animation continually plays even though the shower isn't "broken".  I can sell the shower and buy a new one, but as soon as a sim uses it, it will continue to flow water.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2006 January 29, 06:19:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree, that would be wonderful.  I had one last night that looked like it was broken, but there was no option to repair.  So I forced and error on it and reset it.  No one could use the shower though, because there were two puddles in front of it, which I don't understand.  Once I got a sim to clean up the puddles, they could use it.  The sink dripping is annoying as well.  I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that.  Someone said it meant the sink was going to break soon, but it seems like it does it all the time in one house, even after it's been repaired.  Huh
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2006 January 29, 06:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it more than likely is another dumbass bug or glitch.  Roll Eyes It happened to me earlier with a sink. Was driving me batty! I sent the sim to the sink to wash his hands and that made the water turn off.  Glad to know it isn't just me having that problem...lol
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2006 January 29, 10:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what exactly does "decimate neighborhood" do, that we should not use it (other than kill a bunch of sims)?

And if we shouldn't use it, why is it included?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2006 January 29, 10:37:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what exactly does "decimate neighborhood" do, that we should not use it (other than kill a bunch of sims)?

Because somebody begged and whined for it. That doesn't mean it's a good button to push.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 2006 January 30, 01:02:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because somebody begged and whined for it. That doesn't mean it's a good button to push.
Is it a Pandora's Box button?

I want to try it. Grin

happy now :-)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2006 January 30, 01:30:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course it is.  He should have named it Pandora's Button.  Any time someone says not to do something, people feel compelled to do it anyway.  If you must play with it, I highly recommend backing up your neighborhoods as someone else mentioned, if they mean anything to you.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2006 January 30, 01:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downlaoded the new version ( I presume the new version is the one on page 1 of this thread?) and I don't have the option to decimate neighbourhood  Huh

Is this the right version and if so, why no option?

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2006 January 30, 02:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never presume the newest version is in the thread, unless it's a brand-new thread.  Try downloading the version off the list in Hacks (off the front page).
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2006 January 30, 02:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Blue...

I know I should never presume anything with Pescado and his errm...'filing' system  Roll Eyes

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2006 January 30, 04:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've downlaoded the new version ( I presume the new version is the one on page 1 of this thread?) and I don't have the option to decimate neighbourhood  Huh

Is this the right version and if so, why no option?

are you in debug mode?

XXVIII. Decimate Neighborhood (debug only) (do not use!)
     10% of your neighborhood is randomly given the death token, causing
     immediate death on lot load. DO NOT USE THIS OPTION. Will give warning
     box if you attempt to touch it.

I used to wonder why MAKE ME SMART/STUPID didn't show up for me  Roll Eyes
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2006 January 30, 04:17:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I am/was etc. Sleepycat

I think I did actually download an older version (silly aussie!!)  Roll Eyes

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2006 January 30, 08:04:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Double post I know but anyway.....

So I decimated my neighbourhood ( which is fine because I have no particular attachment to any of the sims living there) and it informed me that I have 48 dead (or killed) sims.

What I'd like to know is, who died, because all of my neighbourhood sims still seem to be in their lots.

Did it kill townies or something?

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2006 January 30, 08:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it kill townies or something?

that could be very handy *laughs*

I believe you are supposed to get the "so-and-so has died on another lot" message after entering each "affected" lot (I've sometimes had that message take awhile to show up Roll Eyes )

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2006 January 30, 08:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough Sleepycat...

I entered each lot very briefly, just to see if all the sims living there were still there and they were....maybe I have to play each lot for a while to get the message...though they all seem to be in the lots when I enter them....I guess it's just a 'wait and see' scenario perhaps  Smiley

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2006 January 30, 08:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here a link to the thread where this option was discussed
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2737.0

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: