More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:59:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100390 times)
Keldaryth
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #1125 on: 2009 March 09, 06:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Currently no hack conflicts, and I just double checked them for date. I haven't pulled all my downloads yet so that seems likely. It's probably time I did a cull anyway given how long it takes my game to load! Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: 2009 March 09, 07:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The described error is unrelated to the Lot Debugger, although you can try to send an error log anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kazebird
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: 2009 April 23, 21:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone make a recolor of the lot debugger that makes it fit better in a normal house. Currently mine is in the basement closet with a genie, some aspiration rewards, and the camera. Even with the weird closet stuff, it still doesn't quite fit in. It would be nice if someone could make a recolor that makes it look like a normal cardboard box (Not the ugly EAxian one, spawnable from debug mode.) Just to keep the idea of the Batbox, maybe put a bat symbol stamp on one side.

Please don't kill me for suggesting change Mr. Pescado.

"Of course I'm alright! But supposing I wasn't alright! I mean, this thing makes me feel in such a way that I'd be very worried if I felt like that about somebody else feeling like this about that. Do you understand?"
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: 2009 April 24, 02:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone make a recolor of the lot debugger that makes it fit better in a normal house. Currently mine is in the basement closet with a genie, some aspiration rewards, and the camera. Even with the weird closet stuff, it still doesn't quite fit in. It would be nice if someone could make a recolor that makes it look like a normal cardboard box (Not the ugly EAxian one, spawnable from debug mode.) Just to keep the idea of the Batbox, maybe put a bat symbol stamp on one side.

Jonesi made some half-wall shelving that works nicely to hide the batbox.  I usually leave the sides open, but I believe the shelving is click-through, so you can finish off the sides and still access the batbox functions.  Search for recolors - there are some stone textures out there somewhere that are very useful.

It would be great to have a recolorable (or repository) cover that was click-through to use over any testing box.  If someone had an end table that fit well, would it be possible just to make it click-through in SimPe?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: 2009 April 24, 04:17:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Creative places to hide your batbox and various hack objects so that they are easily identifiable, don't screw with your aesthetic, and aren't strewn all about the house, making them hard to locate:
  • The basement
  • In a cubby behind the stairs
  • Under the roof
  • A faux phone booth or bus stop
  • As part of your anti-trashcan kicker solution. Make a structure streetside that will hold your trashcan, incorporates a lowered wall or bit of foundation for hack hiding, and possibly the mailbox. Without mailbox, a 1x3 is needed. With, 1x4. Use a combo of half wall/shortened walls and fencing to section it off. Apply gate and lock to household only. Disallow pets.
For all methods, liberal use of moveobjects on, boolprop snapobjectstogrid false, and OSMPs where applicable is suggested.

I'm fond of basement/roof, but use cubbies and phone booths on community lot. Set a camera view by clicking CTRL + #(4-9), making the hack-hidey area easily accessible.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BobbyTH
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: 2009 April 24, 04:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a DOS patch you can use on it to make it look like a flower vase it call "Lot Debugger as glass vase patch.zip",unless i renamed it my self sometime ago,but it sould be available  on the site somewhere here,it's quite easy enough that anyone can patch it themselves,if you look ,you shall find ,now that you know what to look for...Hope this helps...Bobby Out!
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: 2009 April 24, 04:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is a DOS patch you can use on it to make it look like a flower vase it call "Lot Debugger as glass vase patch.zip",unless i renamed it my self sometime ago,but it sould be available  on the site somewhere here,it's quite easy enough that anyone can patch it themselves,if you look ,you shall find ,now that you know what to look for...Hope this helps...Bobby Out!

There you go, should be easy for anyone to do now.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: 2009 April 28, 09:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10943.0.html

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: 2009 April 28, 12:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good one.  This is especially good for smaller apartments, where you have to have your batbox in a rather small space and may not have the basement or under the roof options available.  It seems (in my game at least) that the batbox has to go in the playable's actual apartment, and not in the common areas (makes some sort of sense, but it does take up space). 

Next time I build apartments, I'll have to build in a 3 square cubby for this sort of thing (I generally keep batbox, lotsynchtimer, and clothingtool on the lot).

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: 2009 April 28, 13:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good one.  This is especially good for smaller apartments, where you have to have your batbox in a rather small space and may not have the basement or under the roof options available.  It seems (in my game at least) that the batbox has to go in the playable's actual apartment, and not in the common areas (makes some sort of sense, but it does take up space). 

Next time I build apartments, I'll have to build in a 3 square cubby for this sort of thing (I generally keep batbox, lotsynchtimer, and clothingtool on the lot).

In small apartments, I use moveobjects on to put the bat box under the kitchen table or the desk.  I'm stuck with putting the lot sync timer next to the bed, however.  I've tried using moveojbects to put both in the closet, but it gets tricky clicking in exactly the right place to use them.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: 2009 April 28, 14:15:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In small apartments, I use moveobjects on to put the bat box under the kitchen table or the desk. 

Very clever.  I'm glad I thought of using moveobjects on.  Yup.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: 2009 April 28, 14:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, i've not had problems adding the batbox to common areas (before sims move in, of course).  It's the sync timer that has to be in each individual apartment, AFAIK.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: 2009 April 28, 17:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The box fits nicely in closets.  I generally stuff the debugger and clothing tool in a closet or behind the stairs if the lot doesn't have a foundation or roof that they can be hidden under (or in a apartments where objects can't be placed in the common areas).
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: 2009 April 28, 17:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, i've not had problems adding the batbox to common areas (before sims move in, of course)

Well, there we seem to have hit on the crux of the matter, from my point of view.

For apartments now, I generally put the synchtimer in a corner of a hallway, beside the bed, or stuffed into the bathroom between the terlet and the shower.  It does not, in my view, add much of aesthetic value to the bathroom.

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: 2009 April 28, 17:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to go to great lengths to hide the bat box and sync timer on residential lots, but I got tired of it.  Now I put them in one of the back corners of the lot.  I figure they're like underground utility boxes or somesuch, and if everyone has them, then they become a normal feature of neighborhood landscaping.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
MaryH
Garrulous Gimp

I can haz Polar Bearz

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: 2009 April 28, 18:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that I have to have all three together in one area or I'll lose them, surer than shit.

So they're all on the front lawn, where I can access them easily. I don't even know if the occupants even notice they're there (except when one of them is in the way)..has anyone found out if they have a negative or neutral effect on the overall attractiveness grade for the lot?

It doesn't seem to go down or up with them installed. Like they're almost invisible. But then, I'm sure Pescado did design them to be that way. He's smart like that.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: 2009 April 28, 18:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a not true-ity. I always put the Batbox inside the common area so that it does not need to be needlessly duplicated in every apartment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: 2009 April 28, 18:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a not true-ity. I always put the Batbox inside the common area so that it does not need to be needlessly duplicated in every apartment.

Yes, I've sussed it now.  I was having problems because I moved sims in before placing the batbox.  Can be solved with a little "dormspecifictools" work, I would think (barring moving out my sims, yet again, and moving them back in).

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: 2009 April 28, 19:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that I have to have all three together in one area or I'll lose them, surer than shit.

So they're all on the front lawn, where I can access them easily. I don't even know if the occupants even notice they're there (except when one of them is in the way)..has anyone found out if they have a negative or neutral effect on the overall attractiveness grade for the lot?

It doesn't seem to go down or up with them installed. Like they're almost invisible. But then, I'm sure Pescado did design them to be that way. He's smart like that.

That's why I love Ambular's trailer gimmicks. They all come with a little storage shed for that stuff. Also, foundations are my favorite place to stash them. Then balconies. Then roofs.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: 2009 April 28, 20:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But Sir, this requires planning ahead  Cheesy

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: 2009 April 28, 22:11:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The box fits nicely in closets.  I generally stuff the debugger and clothing tool in a closet or behind the stairs if the lot doesn't have a foundation or roof that they can be hidden under (or in a apartments where objects can't be placed in the common areas).
Yes, this is what I do in apartments if I don't have an option for a stair cubby hole. Forgot to mention that. Just set an aerial viewpoint shortcut.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: 2009 April 29, 07:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm too lazy for any of these shenanigans, I just line them up in front of the house.  Cheesy

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: 2009 April 29, 12:53:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm too lazy for any of these shenanigans, I just line them up in front of the house.  Cheesy

Yeah, for houses that's fine, no worries.  I stick batboxes in the shrubs outside and pretend the thing is a central air unit.  For apartments I now have batboxes installed under desks.  Lotsynchtimers are now doubling as floor lamps (thank you "moveobjects").  Clothingtool stows nicely under the bed, dresser, or night table.

Unrelated question:  Why can sims have a 1 square night table/elixir bottle/lamp, etc. next to the bed and have no problems, but put a damn snapdragon there and they wave their arms and complain that they can't get out of bed?  What's blocking them?

Tribulatio proxima est
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: 2009 April 29, 14:02:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why can sims have a 1 square night table/elixir bottle/lamp, etc. next to the bed and have no problems, but put a damn snapdragon there and they wave their arms and complain that they can't get out of bed?  What's blocking them?

Well, the snapdragon is, d'uh  Cheesy

*Sorry, being unhelpful, aren't I. Heh heh.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: 2009 April 30, 18:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can put a nightstand under the snapdragon and they can get out just fine.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: