More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 02:29:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100677 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #1025 on: 2008 September 15, 01:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, it's pretty necessary when doing a dorm in the main 'hood. First bill my students got was $1250+.
Use "moveobjects on" to delete the mailbox on dorm lots.  Dorm lots aren't supposed to get bills, but you have to remove the mailbox manually after changing your lot type to a dorm on a user-created lot.  Maxis dorm lots already come sans mailbox.

Um, no, just no. Maxis dorms come with mailboxes, and dorms get bills.  Not sure what Maxis dorm's you've ever played, but if your dormies don't pay their bills, they get things repossed.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2008 September 15, 02:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure what Maxis dorm's you've ever played, but if your dormies don't pay their bills, they get things repossed.

Huh.  Would you look at that.  I can't believe I've never noticed the mailboxes.  heh 

I always delete the mailbox on custom dorms I create or download.  I've stayed in them for all four years of college, and never once got the message that bills are overdue or gotten a visit from the repo man.  I never use any type of autopay hack, so I'm not sure why my students aren't losing their bunk beds left and right.  It doesn't make sense to me that the dorm is supposed to be the cheaper vs. renting a house, but is really more expensive due to bills being generated based on the dormitory's much higher value (as opposed to a single-person home).

This might explain why all my Sims graduate summa cum laude; they have time to study, instead of scrambling to pay for all of their dorm's furnishings.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2008 September 15, 02:41:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they don't actually pay for the whole dorm; they pay for whatever fraction of the dorm is theirs.  8 rooms, they pay 1/8th; 6 rooms, 1/6th. I've never seen dorm bills higher than rental house bills.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2008 September 15, 15:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get bills in dorms. I thought this was an effect of dormbillfix, but it's not in the RTFM. Whatever. I like it. My sims pay tuition, so it's not like they are getting a free ride.

Oh, and the Lot Debugger is a toy! *presses more buttons*

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2008 September 15, 15:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormbillfix fixes an unrelated issue regarding dorm billing, but whether or not you GET them at all is seperate.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2008 September 15, 16:02:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This might explain why all my Sims graduate summa cum laude; they have time to study, instead of scrambling to pay for all of their dorm's furnishings.
Mine always graduate summa cum laude, and that's pretty much how they pay the dorm bills.  They get gobs of cash just for making the Dean's List every semester.  Easiest way to make money at uni?

Maxis made dorms seem to always have lower bills than any custom ones I make; probably because my custom ones have way nicer stuff.  lol

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: 2008 September 15, 21:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get bills in dorms. I thought this was an effect of dormbillfix, but it's not in the RTFM. Whatever.

If you play the same dorms long enough, the depreciation of the contents seems to get to the point where the game can't figure out what to charge, so it doesn't charge anything. The mail person comes, stands around a bit, and leaves without leaving any mail.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1032 on: 2008 September 15, 22:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get bills in dorms. I thought this was an effect of dormbillfix, but it's not in the RTFM. Whatever.

If you play the same dorms long enough, the depreciation of the contents seems to get to the point where the game can't figure out what to charge, so it doesn't charge anything. The mail person comes, stands around a bit, and leaves without leaving any mail.

That usually happens when I merge in a playable from the base neighbourhood. I think it is a bork, because if I then merge in a YACAS sim the bills start to be delivered as normal again.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2008 September 15, 22:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to use this Debugger thing to delete a memory manager that I apprently accedentally spawend on a lot.  Someone in "oops you broke it" pointed out that must have been what I'd done and said I could use this FFS Lot Debugger to get rid of it.  Problem is, I can't figure out what option I'm supposed to click on.  Any help?

By the way, really not trying to be annoying here.  Just a bit worried that I've borked my game in 2 separate hoods and can't seem to fix it.   Embarrassed

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2008 September 16, 01:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know anything about a memory manager. If it is a physical object on your lot, you can kill it with the Stuck Object Remover.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 2008 September 16, 01:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That usually happens when I merge in a playable from the base neighbourhood. I think it is a bork, because if I then merge in a YACAS sim the bills start to be delivered as normal again.
It happens to me with new 'hoods and new lots. I can't speak for YACAS sims as I don't ever use them. I normally build all new lots for every 'hood I have.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2008 September 16, 02:44:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know anything about a memory manager. If it is a physical object on your lot, you can kill it with the Stuck Object Remover.
I don't know if it's a physical object; if it is, it's invisible.  If you're interested in the details of my confused delema, see this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,13101.0.html

Another question about the FFS Lot Debugger.  There are several "Memory" options available when I have a sim click on it.  One, "Clear corrupt" seems self explanitory.  But what does "clear trash" do?  I'm asking because my Pleasantview has been pretty FUBAR'ed since I installed Freetime and probably 90% of the sims have corrupted memories (somehow, Freetime mannaged to delete or overwrignt two of my playable sims so they no longer exist, but everyone who knew them has these corrupted memories of meeting them, making friends with them, etc).  Just wondering if clearing the corrupt memories from every single sim in the whole hood would cause my hood not to implode, or if it is just completely a lost cause (it's my most bloated hood and I've been thinking of maybe resetting it anyway).

Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2008 September 16, 09:29:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[...]One, "Clear corrupt" seems self explanitory.  But what does "clear trash" do? [...]

"Clear Trash" rids you of "Moved in" and "Met x" memories. Especially useful if your sim runs a business.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2008 September 16, 12:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially since "moved in" clog fills up your memory list every time you are forced to do the evict-moveback shuffle to fix some lot issue that you're not awesome enough to fix by frobnicating.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2008 September 16, 17:27:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...deleting those memories doesn't cause problems?  I thought it was a VBT to delete any memories that the sim might have allready told another sim about because it would cause corrupted gossip memories to spread through the hood.  I guess I'm pretty confused due to my cronic non-awesomeness.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2008 September 16, 18:50:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why you occasionally delete gossip memories, too. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: 2008 September 17, 03:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, haha.  I guess that would fix the problem...  Though, tracking down townies and npcs to make selectable and clear thier gossip memories might be an issue, at least for me, since I have a crapload of npcs and townies.

One thing I found my trial and error was that it's probably not a good idea to wipe corrupt memories on the Maxis made families.  I wiped corrupt on the Brokes (just reset my Pleasantview last night) and they forgot everything about Skip, so I reloaded and decided to leave those "corrupted" memories.

What exactly is the purpose of wiping gossip memories from "the dead"?  It's not like they can spread them, since they can't talk anymore.  Is it just a waste of space sort of thing?

Oh, and I'm loving that I can reroll LTW and even change "One True Hobby" with this thing.  Changing LTW works better on this than the sim modder, because with sim modder you have to unpause for the new LTW to show up, but this is immediate.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2008 September 17, 06:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What exactly is the purpose of wiping gossip memories from "the dead"?  It's not like they can spread them, since they can't talk anymore.  Is it just a waste of space sort of thing?
Saves space. In hoods with significant numbers of dead people, several megs of disk space can be devoted to storing the gossip tokens of the dead. This slows down your game, wastes your space, and besides, they're DEAD. Plus, if you ever perform necromancy, no one wants to hear them yammer about other people who are dead.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 2008 September 17, 13:26:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, haha.  I guess that would fix the problem...  Though, tracking down townies and npcs to make selectable and clear thier gossip memories might be an issue, at least for me, since I have a crapload of npcs and townies.

No, no, no -- you don't have to do it for each sim individually. Clearing the gossip memories does it from all sims in the hood at once, playable or not.  Or you can just clear it from dead sims.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2008 September 17, 18:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, no, no -- you don't have to do it for each sim individually. Clearing the gossip memories does it from all sims in the hood at once, playable or not.  Or you can just clear it from dead sims.
Oh!  lol  ok, thanks for letting me know.   Grin  This lot Debugger thing is pretty darn useful.

Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2008 September 23, 09:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've made a bunch of socialite townies with the townie/npc maker and was adjusting them by making them selectable with Inge's Cat. When i upgrade them to pre-FT i'm not able to give them their 2nd aspiration or assign the other points. They do get 5 points but the box to assign with is greyed out. Any way to get around this?
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1046 on: 2008 September 23, 10:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move them in temporarily and then make them socialite again, using the cat.
Leeahna
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2008 September 23, 14:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baa, this worked. Found out my cat although AL compatible was outdated and a new niftier version is available that can make socialites and the works. Also baa to IngeJ. for making this.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2008 September 28, 10:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Fudge Astrology" makes my game crash on saving in AL. No errors, it just saves and saves forever, until I hit reset button.

I installed AL yesterday, quickly whipped up my simself (to investigate the new EP personally Wink), put her at Belladonna Cove apartments and started to correct her stats - university degree, one true hobby (I hate insects!), and finally, astrological sign. The former work fine, but the latter is not. I changed the sign in SimPE without any problems, but the batbox is more handy...

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2008 September 28, 10:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cannot reproduce issue, fudging astrology has worked fine for me in AL. There is no reason why it should freeze forever, so the issue is probably unrelated.

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: