More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:36:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100322 times)
krolyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #825 on: 2007 September 23, 10:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XII. UNSTICK ME (debug mode only) (experimental)
     Attempts to unstick a sim that has lost the ability to move for some
     unknown reason. Experimental.

Hello

I've been experiencing stuck sims on a BV neighbourhood (Takemizu). 3 of the 4 sims won't move (they're just next to their bed - juste waken up). Hox can I try the FFS Lot Debugger as it isn't on the lot where the problem appeared ? Or how can I try to unstick my sims ?

Thanks for your help...

Krolyn

PS: didn't know if it would be better to post in Oops I broke it, or here... sorry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: 2007 September 23, 10:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "won't move"? Do they move when you tell them to do something?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
krolyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: 2007 September 23, 17:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "won't move"? Do they move when you tell them to do something?

No. They don't move when I send them somewhere else or ask them to do something.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: 2007 September 23, 17:26:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the action appear in the queue? Does it get the green border, indicating is the current action? Or does it simply drop from queue entirely? Actions that refuse to process in queue appears to be some manner of odd hardcoded glitch that has been seen to appear. If this happens, you will have to force-error to reset the apparently stuck sim. If your sim has actions in queue and yet none of them light up as green, you will have to force error.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: 2007 September 23, 17:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I try the FFS Lot Debugger as it isn't on the lot where the problem appeared ? Or how can I try to unstick my sims ?

If you enable the dorm building cheat (boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false), you can then buy and add stuff to a hotel while you're there.  Long term, it's worth the time to go into every vacation hotel from the neighborhood screen and just add a Lot Debugger to every one of them. (Not to mention, a coffee pot to those that don't have one. Smiley )

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: 2007 September 23, 19:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone probably already knows this, but it was new to me so for those even slower than me....if there are any   Shocked

Use the dormspecifictools cheat to enable buy, then use the eyedropper and select a wallpaper gives access to build tools.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: 2007 September 25, 10:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every BV lot must have a lot debugger, no doubt about that. I am systematically going through all the hotels and vacation lots, adding items where necessary.

More F than you
krolyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: 2007 September 25, 19:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the action appear in the queue?
Yes
Does it get the green border, indicating is the current action?
I'm not sure it does (I don't have time to play during the week, I will check it this week-end.
Or does it simply drop from queue entirely?
No, I can see the action staying for ever until I try a new one.
If your sim has actions in queue and yet none of them light up as green, you will have to force error.
I need to force error with the FFS debugger lot ? I will try this week-end.
Thanks for your help, I will keep you inform of what's happening to my sims this week-end.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: 2007 September 26, 14:58:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone probably already knows this, but it was new to me so for those even slower than me....if there are any   Shocked

Use the dormspecifictools cheat to enable buy, then use the eyedropper and select a wallpaper gives access to build tools.

just using the dorm cheat gives access to build mode in my game, for dorms and hotels.

Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: 2007 September 28, 19:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll check next time I load my game, but I know there used to be a difference.....

Same here. I always type my cheats a certain way because they didn't used to work any other way.  I think 'floatprop tvVolume 0.1' is the one I always had to get the capital right for. Also 'moveobjects on' definitely doesn't work if I type it all in capital letters.
krolyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: 2007 September 29, 14:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to all, with the dormspecifictoolsdisabled code, and the force-error from the FFS Lot Debugger make my sims move and obey again ;-)

Thanks for your help !

Krolyn
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #836 on: 2007 October 13, 22:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason the Random Sim Generator has stopped working for me. I set it to go and it pops up and asks me if I'm sure, I say ok and then it lets me know that it fixes things, I say ok again and then nothing happens, the game just keeps playing like normal. It doesn't freeze for any length of time and doesn't boot me out to the neighborhood. I'm playing with all EPs/SPs save for BV and with the most up to date Seasons version of the Debugger.

ETA: I tried letting it fix things and hitting save and telling it to do it again and it just says it fixes a different amount every time and still does nothing. First time 18, then 27, now 24. Probably unlrelated but I figured it was worth a shot.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 14, 00:18:11 by Bitsy » Logged

Eschew Obfuscation.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: 2007 October 14, 01:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, yea, the different numbers are RANDOM numbers -- kinda the point of a randomizer. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: 2007 October 14, 01:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, yea, the different numbers are RANDOM numbers -- kinda the point of a randomizer. Smiley

but it isn't pausing and sending her back to the neighborhood like it is supposed too. I know someone else has had this problem before.
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #839 on: 2007 October 14, 02:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, cool. I always wondered what that was. Smiley

Eschew Obfuscation.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: 2007 October 14, 02:18:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What it does is rapidly create and not save random sims, like you would in CAS when you press the random sim button. This prevents the 'first born' syndrome, where every kid born has the same personality, and usually has the same as one of the parent.  It gives you truely random kids (and any other auto-created sims like townies, dormies, npcs, etc).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Bitsy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #841 on: 2007 October 14, 04:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info, I like knowing what stuff means and how it's supposed to work.

I went ahead and played to the birth after doing the randomizer and saving, even though it did not boot me out to the neighborhood, and the kid that was born was a clone of its older brother (who was the first born in a game session just like this one is) so I exited without saving. I know I can do things the long way with the CAS die method I just really like this way of doing things more, and would like to get it working again.

I tried doing a more thorough search of the forum with a couple different search terms and didn't come up with anything.

Eschew Obfuscation.
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: 2007 October 14, 09:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the randomizer when the kid's mom/dad was already pregnant? IIRC, the personality is set at conception (whereas the gender is set at birth), so randomizing afterwards would have no effect on the spawn in question, but on a future offspring.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #843 on: 2007 October 14, 10:01:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I save then run it as soon as the first baby is born. I never seem to have to do it again, every kid after is different.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: 2007 October 14, 10:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All attributes of the baby are set at birth. The baby doesn't even exist until it's born. Therefore, rerandomizing once per game session, BEFORE any births or other character creations, is enough to mostly-eliminate identical babies.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: 2007 October 22, 07:14:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Define "missing". If they are still in the game, then they should still be living in a house somewhere. If they still live in THAT house, they will respawn by the mailbox when you reload the lot. If something has eated their character files, you are SOL and your neighborhood is asplode.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: 2007 October 22, 21:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may sound like an odd question, but is there anything (stupid) one could do with the Lot Debugger by mistake that could turn a Sim on another lot into a zombie?  I'm just trying to figure out why one of my Sims was suddenly a zombie when I opened his lot.  I've seen ghosts that way, but not zombies.

Also, I do not seem to be able to find the "Smite" option and I have looked everywhere. Yes, I have RTFM and I have the latest, shiniest version of the Lot Debugger.  I have all the EPs through ZOMGPetz! installed and it is patched.

PB

Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: 2007 October 22, 22:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were all of your Sims inside at the time? I don't think you can smite them indoors.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: 2007 October 23, 03:23:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right -- you only get the Smite option for sims who are outdoors (including walk-bys).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
snabul
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: 2007 October 24, 18:17:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@professorbutters

Maybe someone mean has access to your game and is doing this to your sims.

Maybe you have Pescados Apocalyptic Zombie Patch in your Download folder... (Ask him about that)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: