More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:32:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100617 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #725 on: 2007 July 03, 23:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like having them so I can keep track of what's going on, but at the same time, I don't need them in there forever, they're like reminder notes, you burn them once you're done.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2007 July 11, 01:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a weird bit in the latest version of this.  It's showing 'upgrade pre-uni sim' for a sim that was already upgraded.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2007 July 11, 01:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a weird bit in the latest version of this.  It's showing 'upgrade pre-uni sim' for a sim that was already upgraded.
Is this a formerly upgraded sim, or a natural Uni graduate? Does it go away if you reupgrade? If this is a natural Uni sim or the option does not disappear after reupgrading, force error on affected sim, attach log.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2007 July 11, 01:50:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a formerly upgraded CAS sim.  I'll see if rerunning it makes it go away.  If not, I'll post the log.

ETA:

Rerunning it makes it go away.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2007 July 11, 15:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do the letters stand for in the "Show plague info" box? I don't know if this is discussed somewhere else but I've had a look round and can't find this information specfically. In the topic about sickness it talks about curepoints and disease severity etc and I understand how all that works but I can't work out which thing the letters refer to since they don't seem to relate directly (e.g. I would assume CP would be curepoints, but there is no CP in the info box) The only one I can work out is that LD must be lethal dose. Any help or pointers to somewhere this is already posted would be great.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2007 July 11, 18:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check this thread in The War Room -- I think it answers your questions: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5200.0.html

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2007 July 11, 18:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to search through several threads to understand everything and finally made a plague.txt for myself. Most of the info is actually in this thread IIRC, but was difficult to find with the site's search engine. The War Room had good additional info.

JMP, if you like I can upload it so that you can add it to the debugger folder. I notice that this question comes up over and over again in the threads. It is just 'copy and pasted' quotes from you.

Here it is. This is an entirely lame place for it, so it needs to be moved if found useful.

EDIT: I reuploaded the file. I cleaned it up a little and took out the part about the biostation.

* Plague.txt (3.2 KB - downloaded 460 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 11, 19:28:17 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: 2007 July 13, 01:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is very nifty mm. Appreciated & downloaded for future reference.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2007 July 15, 07:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used the lot debugger to respawn some tombstones which were lost in a move.  After the new tombstones were respawned, I got popups saying that so-and-so had died on another lot, then the dead sims disappeared.  I noticed that some of the living sims on the lot got a memory of so-and-so dying, but others did not.  Is this normal?

Also, I tried to respawn the family dog's tombstone and it didn't work.  Apparently, the debugger does not have this option for pets?  Would it be possible to add it?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Angie
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2007 July 15, 16:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've started using the rerandomize feature of the debugger and it pops up an information message telling me it's deleted X something or others before exiting back to the neighbourhood screen. I was wondering if it's anything important or just a way of telling me how many times it's rerolled the dice. I'm running debug enabled if that makes any difference. Sorry, but forgot what the something or others are.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2007 July 15, 17:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was wondering if it's anything important or just a way of telling me how many times it's rerolled the dice.

It's just telling you how many times it's rerolled the 'dice' (as in CAS sim creator randomizer Smiley )

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2007 July 16, 16:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check this thread in The War Room -- I think it answers your questions: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5200.0.html

That's the thread I checked because I remembered reading it when I first wanted to find out how the plagues worked, but unfortunately it doesn't specifically tell you what the abreviations that come up in the lot debugger plague info box stand for.

Magicmoon: That first list bit of your plague.txt was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much, it all makes sense now! That definitely deserves to be posted somewhere more easily accessible.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2007 July 16, 20:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, if you read Pescado's lead post, he does reference the abbreviations he uses to describe each disease.  Taking notes, you can derive each one, though it takes a bit of deduction as he is characteristically opaque in his explanation.  Roll Eyes  I used Magicmoon's notes to check my own, which I summarised from that post when the thread was started.

What I can't figure out is SS?  Magicmoon's notes did not shed light on it and JMP's post is indecipherable on this matter.  It's not symptom hash (SH), or is it?
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2007 July 17, 13:21:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just started using the lot debugger (all the sims I've played recently have IQ's of 300  Grin) and was referred here by this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,8850.0/topicseen.html
BastDawn said in that thread
There is an option to change the first name, and then change the first name again in a way that makes the previous choice the new last name.

Briefly, I need to change some names (first and last) that got messed up when I installed Seasons. I am totally ignorant insofar as code goes, most of what is said in this forum goes straight over my head. I have read this whole thread and need some more information, so I would therefore greatly appreciate it if one of the Awesome could explain how to do this.

I have not yet used the lot debugger in debug mode, so I am assuming that the change name option comes up when you shift/click on it in debug mode?

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2007 July 17, 14:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not yet used the lot debugger in debug mode, so I am assuming that the change name option comes up when you shift/click on it in debug mode?

Yes.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2007 July 17, 22:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, if you read Pescado's lead post, he does reference the abbreviations he uses to describe each disease.  Taking notes, you can derive each one, though it takes a bit of deduction as he is characteristically opaque in his explanation.  Roll Eyes  I used Magicmoon's notes to check my own, which I summarised from that post when the thread was started.

What I can't figure out is SS?  Magicmoon's notes did not shed light on it and JMP's post is indecipherable on this matter.  It's not symptom hash (SH), or is it?

The references were just a little too opaque for me, I did get some idea of what the abbreviations might refer to from the post, but I wasn't confident in what I'd come up with (plus some of them I just had no clue about).

However I do have an idea about SS. I assume it stands for something like starting severity. Every disease must start with a severity value which the recovery points can increase or decrease. I would assume this value would be random so I figured SS must be the formula the game uses to work out the starting severity of a disease. Am I right or totally off the mark? *holds breath*

Huh I need help, two of my sims disappeared, i downloaded the debugger and i do not have the option to bring them back.. what do i do?? the memory is also saying "$subject got married" what do i do?? If i cannot bring the sims back I am worried that if i make another family the same thing will happen. I need help.

How exactly did they disappear? Or at what point did you notice they had disappeared? From my (somewhat limited) experience of this happening I would say they aren't likely to be back anytime soon unless you have a backup of your neighbourhood.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 17, 22:24:11 by Sivany » Logged
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2007 July 19, 11:41:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is "Bring out your dead"? Is it supposed to cause an error message?

Two days ago Windows became corrupted and I had to reinstall, complete with format since the in-place install didn't work. I had back-ups of everything, including my config folder. After reinstalling Sims I was quite surprised that I didn't have a reset.

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework. Just as I finished posting we had a blackout.

Before playing today, I needed to create a clean hood to test something so I renamed my Sims2 folder and ran the game. I then renamed it and went back to my regular Sims2 folder.

I loaded in the lot that had the ghost, expecting a repeat of yesterday's ghost scenario since the blackout caused the game to quit without saving. Her tombstone is still on another lot, the one she died on. I was quite surprised that my whole hood was reset. Which of these actions caused the reset? Especially since a complete reinstall of both Windows and Sims did not cause one.

Back to my question, I did not notice "bring out your dead" before the crash, but maybe I just missed it. Since it is under the fix menu and only shows up on this lot, I was wondering if that meant something had gone wrong, perhaps due to the reset, and now needed fixed.

I clicked it and got an error message. I chose reset. Nothing seemed to have happened other than the active Sim jumping out of their chair. I tried again with the same results. Now I fear that I touched something that I shouldn't have and decided to post before saving the game.

Here is the error. I have no idea why it is talking about grilling hamburgers. The active Sim was sitting in the computer chair, just sitting for comfort.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 19, 12:28:18 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2007 July 19, 12:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bring Out Your Dead means you have dead sims still pretending to be resident in a family. Bringing them out kicks them out. Try new version, should be fixed.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #743 on: 2007 July 19, 12:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[snipped]

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework. [snipped]

How'd you pull that one off? I may have just the simstory to include such a thing in. LOL

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2007 July 19, 12:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework.

How'd you pull that one off? I may have just the simstory to include such a thing in. LOL

It's all explained here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9091

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #745 on: 2007 July 19, 13:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework.

It's all explained here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9091

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2007 July 19, 15:47:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I loaded in the lot that had the ghost, expecting a repeat of yesterday's ghost scenario since the blackout caused the game to quit without saving. Her tombstone is still on another lot, the one she died on. I was quite surprised that my whole hood was reset. Which of these actions caused the reset? Especially since a complete reinstall of both Windows and Sims did not cause one.

My guess is that once your cc was officially enable (after a quit and restart of the game), then only the mods were active and it resetted the sims.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2007 July 20, 03:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone test this with Pet Stories? I've got an invisible dog on my lot (Lucy) who keeps fighting with Sam, and kicking his butt. Pretty funny to watch, but... A) is this compatible and B) will it help kick the dog off the lot? She's literally invisible.

INFP or something
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2007 July 21, 10:10:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know u can turn a sim into a plantsim but I wanted to turn a plantsim into a normal sim the option is not there. Is it possible to add please.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2007 July 21, 11:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This option is already easily accessible in-game by simply buying an anti-plantsimism potion, so it was not felt to be worth the codespace.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: