More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:33:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100629 times)
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #675 on: 2007 May 21, 21:56:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only do shit like that to make people insanely curious so that they'll go and click it just to find out what happens, so that you may then sit around and say "I told you so" in a snidely-superior tone, right?

...not that I can't identify with that impulse...

I'm not going to try it, anymore than I'm going to decimate neighborhood, but I'd still like to know what it means.
Make a backup and do it!

-snicker- And when you do, post here for the rest of us chickens! I always wanted to know what it did..

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: 2007 May 27, 15:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version of the lot debugger attached to the first post of this thread - does it have the new(er) "last name" feature? I thought (unawesomely, undoubtedly) if you'd updated the hack, the 'last edited' date would be more recent?

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2007 May 27, 15:21:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FFS and Jeffistani files are not actually SMF attachments, so no, the first post doesn't need to be edited to manipulate them. We actually just drop them into a directory tree via FTP, which is why you can browse the indexed directory raw.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2007 May 27, 15:25:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. <non-thanks> I pulled it out of the Seasons directory where it was clearly labeled as newer than the one I had, but sometimes I just look at the first post of the threads for new features, and I missed this one <reminds self just to check the directory from now on>.

Tho it could stand to be added to the list of features on the first post - being as it's a really shiney and even sparkly one. <has wanted that forever and it's much better than the Christianluv one as I don't like unnecessary placeholder sims (to get the last name so I could give it to the sim I wanted to have it.)

Unsouper
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2007 June 05, 16:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nuking gossip memories:

My neighborhood is big and I am trying to ward off a possible future Big Fiery Ball From Space. (I have a "met self" memory and no one can tell me how to remove it retroactively without SimPE.  I have a Mac.)  I have heard that the Lot DeBugger can help, but I am too chicken to use it, because I'm not quite sure what nuking gossip memories can do or if there are any potential damaging side effects.

I tried it out on my longest-played lot; saved, hit Memory/Erase Gossip/From All--and it returned a list of over 12,000 memories.  Then I exited without saving.

So again:  what does nuking those gossip memories actually do, can it have harmful effects, and if so, what would those effects be?  It's a neighborhood with a halfway played legacy.  I would rather not lose it.

PB

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2007 June 05, 17:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does just what it says -- it nukes (gets rid of) all the useless gossip memories that are clogging up the memory trees of all the sims in your hood, dead and alive.  You'd be surprised how far gossip can travel (and duplicate), even among non-playable townies.  I've seen gossip memories going back generations in one townie's memory when I checked it in SimPe, and most of the people being gossiped about were long dead (heck, their kids were dead, and their grandkids about to become elders Smiley ).

Gossip memories are like a plague that spread around and around, and eventually get corrupted, leading to things like the jagged lines in the sim's 'thought box'.  Clearing them out just breaks the chain of old gossip topics, and lets whole new ones start.  And clearing them out also cuts the size of your neighborhood package file way down, which will help loading times.

I actually don't think it matters if you save the lot you're on or not -- I believe the memories are nuked from the entire hood as soon as you run that on any lot.  So if you go into the same lot and run it again, you'll find the number of gossip memories is a lot smaller (maybe 0 if you haven't played any other lots yet).  If I'm wrong (and I may be Smiley ), then just run it and save -- your hood will thank you....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2007 June 05, 23:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually don't think it matters if you save the lot you're on or not -- I believe the memories are nuked from the entire hood as soon as you run that on any lot.  So if you go into the same lot and run it again, you'll find the number of gossip memories is a lot smaller (maybe 0 if you haven't played any other lots yet).  If I'm wrong (and I may be Smiley ), then just run it and save -- your hood will thank you....
You have to save in order for any changes to take.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: 2007 June 09, 02:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, not that it's terribly important, but I just tried having a look at recoloring this thing and apparently it can't be done? SimPE made a valiant attempt, but the recolor package it coughed up from Object Workshop didn't actually have a texture in it. (Or, um, anything I could recognize as anything.) Is it a lost cause? I was thinking about making it look like a cardboard moving box -- y'know, something Sims really WOULD have in their basement/attic/closet or the back room of their business -- with a label to identify it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2007 June 12, 14:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What sim wouldn't have a Batman box in their basement? Your simmies are lame.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #684 on: 2007 June 12, 18:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once ripped the Batman texture out and replaced it with something else, but I quickly realized that I didn't care enough to edit the object every single time it gets updated.   Tongue   Just put it somewhere where you won't see it until you need it.
« Last Edit: 2007 June 12, 18:15:43 by BastDawn » Logged

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: 2007 June 12, 19:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what foundations and roof gaps are for.  Tongue

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #686 on: 2007 June 12, 19:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't lack for hiding places, I just figured it'd be fun to recolor it now that I have finally bothered to learn how. (The SimPE part, I mean.) It is indeed not worth the trouble to do so every time it's updated, though, so I'll just have to keep hiding it.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: 2007 June 12, 23:07:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once ripped the Batman texture out and replaced it with something else, but I quickly realized that I didn't care enough to edit the object every single time it gets updated.   Tongue   Just put it somewhere where you won't see it until you need it.
The object isn't meant to "blend in". It's strictly OOC, you're supposed to ignore it much like one would ignore the puppeteers in puppet theater.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: 2007 June 14, 21:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah.  Hiding it in the foundation or attic removes it from sight even more than recoloring it to look like a cardboard box would.  We hide it because it looks out of place and silly in screenshots, like the puppeteer sticking his head up to watch his own puppet show.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: 2007 June 14, 21:10:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah.  Hiding it in the foundation or attic removes it from sight even more than recoloring it to look like a cardboard box would.  We hide it because it looks out of place and silly in screenshots, like the puppeteer sticking his head up to watch his own puppet show.
Not quite. Hiding it in the foundation or the attic leaves it clearly visible, but clearly outside the gameworld. Hiding it as a disguised object makes it impossible to find it when you need it.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #690 on: 2007 June 14, 22:29:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmph.  I can find the ACR controller just fine, and it looks like a potted plant.  Who had trouble finding the lot debugger?  I want to point and laugh.

seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 2007 June 14, 22:51:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I hide the ACR controller under the foundation too, along with the lot debugger, the macrotastics box, and the lot sync timer.  Tongue  Disguising the ACR controller is fine if you never use the decorative potted plant, but what if you have the decorative ones scattered (or clustered  Shocked) somewhere on the lot?  I only have a dozen lots to play but it's pretty hard to remember which potted plant is the ACR controller.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: 2007 June 14, 22:55:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my houses, the ACR controller is the plant in the largest downstairs bathroom.  I never have problems finding it, even though I switch the plant type all the time.   Tongue

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 2007 June 14, 22:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the ACR controller looks good as a stack of phonebooks, I tend to stick it near the phone  Cheesy   I wish the Lot debugger did look like a cardboard moving box, it would look prefect in some of my poorer sims homes/frontyards  Wink

quite a few of the shrubs in front of my sims homes are InSIM sectionals, I have no trouble keeping track of which shrub is which sectional.

edit to insert missing word  Roll Eyes
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2007 June 16, 22:29:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, I hide the ACR controller under the foundation too, along with the lot debugger, the macrotastics box, and the lot sync timer.  Tongue  Disguising the ACR controller is fine if you never use the decorative potted plant, but what if you have the decorative ones scattered (or clustered  Shocked) somewhere on the lot?  I only have a dozen lots to play but it's pretty hard to remember which potted plant is the ACR controller.

Click on any Sim.  Pick "Casual," and somewhere in the resulting menu or submenus, you get "Zoom to Adjuster."  Just don't mix it in with a large group of other decorative plants.
Avalikia
Furry Lover
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 2007 June 19, 07:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally would like the debugger to blend in better.  They look horrible sitting out there in the yards of the peasants in my medieval neighborhood who, like good peasants everywhere, can't afford a basement or a wide enough house to have attic space.  (Heck, some of them don't even have enough walls to make any roofed area.)  Then again, it's better than the bright green hourglass.

All generalizations are false, including this one.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2007 June 22, 22:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something new showed up on the debugger last night, under the nuke> area, I think. It was fix bad.... uh.... bad... well it wasn't fix player's bad memory, but it was fix bad something. It was available to both adults in the house, but I didn't see it show up when I was on another lot.

So was it something that when I see it, the bad *thing* exists and should be fixed, or is it one of those things that if I don't know what it is, I shouldn't touch it?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: 2007 June 23, 13:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got something interesting as well.. "clear trash" on just about every sim. The numbers vary and in the time I play at any given house, more trash it would seem develops for certain sims. Also, what am I nuking when I nuke attraction markers?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2007 June 23, 13:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear trash gets rid of the "met x" memories and move in/out memories.  My business owners now have much less cluttered memories with the nuking of "met sim" memories.

It was discussed in this topic.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: 2007 June 23, 13:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clear trash gets rid of the "met x" memories and move in/out memories.  Some of my business owners have had around 100 or so "met sim" memories deleted.

It was discussed in this topic.

Hurr.. the topic that specifically sent me to "upgrade" my lot debugger.

I completely forgot. Blame it on many many hours of playing Live Search Club. But hey! I got myself a nice new FREE set of headphones on their way. Should be here in two months. XD
The wait is fine by me.. I'm not having to pay for them.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: