More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:30:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100266 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #650 on: 2007 April 30, 11:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that for changing a sim's last name in game?
Yes, it will change a sim's last name to be the same as his first name.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: 2007 April 30, 11:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want to?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: 2007 April 30, 11:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you want to?
To change a sim's last name? Any number of reasons. Why only first name to last name? Because that's the only way we have to accept an arbitrary string. So you change the first name to the desired last name, copy to last name, then change it back. Isn't that obvious? Or did someone eat your brains for breakfast in that bowl of Witch Puffs?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #653 on: 2007 April 30, 11:57:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your way sounds like a right royal pain in the butt pes. I'll be sticking with Christianlov's last name changer thingy for that, I think. Nice & easy.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: 2007 April 30, 12:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could there be a way to change the household name ? I know (and I do it quite often) how to do that with simpe, but I would really appreciate a way to do it in game. Thanks.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: 2007 April 30, 12:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your way sounds like a right royal pain in the butt pes. I'll be sticking with Christianlov's last name changer thingy for that, I think. Nice & easy.
Christianlov's copier is a 136K piece of bloatware, larger than Macrotastics itself, and yet uses only Maxis textures and resources. It should be like 15K, tops, so the bloat itself is bigger than the entireity of Macrotastics. It also is limited only to copying names from an EXISTING sim, whereas the Debugger can allow you to set an arbitrary last name that does not need to already exist in the game. If I want to change Brynne's last name back to "Silly", I can. Even if nobody in the game still has that last name.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 30, 12:44:37 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: 2007 April 30, 19:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it was brains for breakfast. I don't even know how to change a sim's first name in game.  Undecided

Though I can definitely see the usefullness of this mod now, I usually do name changes in SimPE.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: 2007 May 01, 00:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anytime you can avoid quitting and going to SimPE is a good thing. Plus, Mac users dun got SimPE.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: 2007 May 01, 01:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't recall precisely, but this particular method leaves the possibility of a messed-up tool tip on the skewer (unless you Copy First to Last then perform another Set Firstname). Evidently, the game engine relies on the Baby Dialog to invalidate the old tool tip.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: 2007 May 01, 01:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This particular method can have some caching issues: You have to let the game run a few ticks after changing the first time or it won't copy.

V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: 2007 May 01, 01:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for clarification:

By "a few ticks" do you mean a few sim seconds? And do we need to let the game run for a few sim seconds between each change? or just that first time?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: 2007 May 01, 02:27:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. Unpause and let the game "chew" on those changes for a second before trying another change.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: 2007 May 08, 05:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could someone kindly direct me to a step-by-step tutorial on how to completely delete a Sim from the game? I've done this twice now and fucked up the entire neighborhood's residents both times. Sad

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: 2007 May 08, 06:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See Deleted II: Electric Boogaloo!

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #664 on: 2007 May 13, 17:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be really nice to have an RTFM for Dummies that explained in detail what each option on the debugger does.  For those of us who aren't Awesome enough to figure it out for ourselves.  Gee, if we were Awesome we could make our own.

So please, please a new RTFM? 

hedgekat

As someone else has already seconded this I shall third it. I feel like I'm missing bugs since I don't have the courage to click on things I don't understand ... Pretty Please a new RTFM JM? I'd promise to be your fangirl for life but I already am Grin

Cass Smiley

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: 2007 May 15, 16:54:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, I don't think fangirls particularly appeal to JM.  Perhaps an offering of blood or sacrificing a goat or some such.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #666 on: 2007 May 16, 13:07:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Throw babies into the volcano for Pele?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
FlamingoKicker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: 2007 May 18, 01:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to find out how to regenerate missing tombstones and urns using this debugger.  How do I find that option?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: 2007 May 20, 02:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pause the game, summon a dead sim with an Ingelogical shrub, make it selectable by shiftclicking on it, select it, then SHIFT-CLICK on the debugger to spawn its tombstone, and give it 2 orders in a row, like move here, sit there, to stop it from "dying on another lot".

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: 2007 May 20, 03:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does "Remove global urnstone tokens" mean?  I'm getting this in several lots in an old Pleasantview neighborhood I've recently returned to.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: 2007 May 20, 04:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What does "Remove global urnstone tokens" mean?  I'm getting this in several lots in an old Pleasantview neighborhood I've recently returned to.
It removes all the "urnstone in transit" tokens. Sometimes they can become dangling and lost. Pushing the option while you have a tombstone in transit (Sent, but not visited, moved, and saved) will result in the loss of the tombstone.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: 2007 May 21, 13:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a lot with 2 sims and LotDebugger is constantly harping on the Fix-Work State for both of them.  It turns up all the time, every single day, appears before and after work.  Neither of them has been late for work even once (which is what, I understand, it's supposed to fix.) 

It may make perfect sense to the awesome, but I'm obviously not awesome. I'm just curious about what's going with that and how it all works. Does it have something to do with their motive state when they leave for work? Though they've been pretty green when they leave for work; it's not too hard to get them out the door in good shape when there are only the two of them.

p.s. What the hell is frobnication?  I think that's the word.  I haven't touched that one...

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: 2007 May 21, 14:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fix Work State exists to set the "Exemption" bit, so the option will always exist unless you have already done it. If you go to work anyway, it has no effect, but this is useful if you get reset after a patch or expansion install and are unable to go to work (without immediately being heavily and permanently penalized), or have a job where the carpool will not appear after a new lot move-in.

If you don't know what Frobnication is, don't frobnicate anything. The description itself serves to ward off the ignorant.

Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: 2007 May 21, 14:52:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You only do shit like that to make people insanely curious so that they'll go and click it just to find out what happens, so that you may then sit around and say "I told you so" in a snidely-superior tone, right?

...not that I can't identify with that impulse...

I'm not going to try it, anymore than I'm going to decimate neighborhood, but I'd still like to know what it means.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 21, 15:00:25 by Count Four » Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: 2007 May 21, 16:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make a backup and do it!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: