More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:18:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION  (Read 1100263 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Re: FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION
« Reply #450 on: 2006 September 08, 14:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It only appears as an option if the Sim's mystery sim memories can be removed safely, without any adverse side effects.
You can still go in SimPE and do some editing, if you wish.

I got scared there for a minute as I deleted the memories using the cascade delete option in SimPE. Good to know I didn't mess up my game.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #451 on: 2006 September 11, 21:40:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and propaganda!!

(someone on N99 says this thread claims there is such a thing as a sim's IQ)

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2006 September 11, 22:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is sorta, right?  You can see it in debug mode but it's always 100 except temporarily when they are toddlers and drink smart milk, which can then stick and give them 300 for a longer period of time, but not indefinitely without the aid of hacks.

I think that's right.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2006 September 11, 23:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I use decimate on a hood that I have not populated yet, will it kill 10% of the townies?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: 2006 September 12, 00:24:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, there is sorta, right?  You can see it in debug mode but it's always 100 except temporarily when they are toddlers and drink smart milk, which can then stick and give them 300 for a longer period of time, but not indefinitely without the aid of hacks.

I think that's right.

Right -- the smart milk bug will stick through teen in most cases, unless a reset happens that wipes it out.

Also, using the Thinking Cap temporarily raises the IQ to 200.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2006 September 12, 00:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC from the last time I used it, it will kill 10% of townies and NPCs.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #456 on: 2006 September 12, 06:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lies and propaganda!!

(someone on N99 says this thread claims there is such a thing as a sim's IQ)

"IQ" = the sims skill rate bonus% (semi-attribute 1C) plus their normal 100% skill rate. Normal sims thus have an 'IQ' of 100 since they have no skilling rate bonus.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #457 on: 2006 September 12, 06:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah it's calculated, I see.  I was thinking I hadn't seen a persondata(IQ) anywhere!

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2006 September 13, 10:44:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the 'make me smart' option on the debugger - gives sims an IQ of 300.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2006 September 13, 12:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the 'make me smart' option on the debugger - gives sims an IQ of 300.

Yea, that's the 'smart milk' level.  The 'make me smart' mimics the infamous smart milk bug (or lets you 'correct' it when the game gets reset, and the bugs effects go away Smiley ).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2006 September 16, 01:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noticed when moving some sims out of a dorm...  the nuke stuck move out option seems to be missing from the debugger.

My sims moved out, but no dormies moved in to replace them...  after exiting and reloading the lot, the dormies moved back in, so there was definitely a stuck move out.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 2006 September 16, 04:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the stuck move-out only applies when they're graduating, not when they're just moving to go to  another dorm, or rental or greek house.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: 2006 September 16, 06:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmmm...  Joe's right, it just deals with stuck graduation move outs.

Any chance of the other type of move out being added - they seem to stick as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2006 September 16, 07:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims moved out, but no dormies moved in to replace them...  after exiting and reloading the lot, the dormies moved back in, so there was definitely a stuck move out.
This is an unrelated state issue. It has nothing to do with stuckness or nonstuckness of moveouts. Some things in the game, such as greek house state and numerous other random things, don't fully update until you save/reload. No other solution exists.

Also, shiny new test features added:
Erase Gossip From Me/All: Erases all gossips (including potentially corrupted ones). Forces the gossip DB to be rebuilt in your entire neighborhood.
Prep For Delete (debug): Nukes all memories pertaining to the deletee and shreds file to sever relations. Don't use on anyone with relatives. Then to complete the expunging process, you need to delete the SDSC, SWAF, and character file manually.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Dopp
Corpulent Cretin

Not Awesome Indeed

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: 2006 September 16, 07:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question: what does "Fix... Work State" refer to?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2006 September 16, 13:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quick question: what does "Fix... Work State" refer to?

I believe it's there to fix things that mangle their job performance, like getting pinged for missing a day of work when you add an EP or SP, and everyone is back home and reset, or when they move into a new house and their calendar restarts at 8am Monday, and they get pinged for missing work on that day.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: 2006 September 16, 17:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New update fixes some issues with the new purging options. BTW: Did you know that after I purged all the gossipcruft from my neighborhood with this, the neighborhood package shrank 10%? That's a lot of cruft.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2006 September 16, 18:54:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW: Did you know that after I purged all the gossipcruft from my neighborhood with this, the neighborhood package shrank 10%? That's a lot of cruft.

Hmm, I look foward to running it on my main Pleasantview.  It's in it's 4th generation, and must have a LOT of gossip crud by now...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: 2006 September 16, 19:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BTW: Did you know that after I purged all the gossipcruft from my neighborhood with this, the neighborhood package shrank 10%? That's a lot of cruft.

Hmm, I look foward to running it on my main Pleasantview.  It's in it's 4th generation, and must have a LOT of gossip crud by now...

I just ran this on my Pleasantview, which I've been playing since the game came out.  (God only knows how many generations of Sims that must be!)  Before, the N001_neighborhood.package size was about 23 MB.  After, it was down to 20 MB.  I haven't noticed any problems so far.

Karen
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2006 September 16, 21:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, shiny new test features added:
Erase Gossip From Me/All: Erases all gossips (including potentially corrupted ones). Forces the gossip DB to be rebuilt in your entire neighborhood.
Prep For Delete (debug): Nukes all memories pertaining to the deletee and shreds file to sever relations. Don't use on anyone with relatives. Then to complete the expunging process, you need to delete the SDSC, SWAF, and character file manually.
Ok, I'll bite... what in the heck are SDSC and SWAF???

Mooooo
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2006 September 16, 21:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.sims2wiki.info/Category:Modding

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: 2006 September 17, 03:01:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link is too awesome for me. Is there a shorter tutorial about which files need to be deleted via SimPe after readying them in-game?

I was excited to see the plague details option since I've had it going around for quite awhile, including on the lot that I tried it on. However, I cannot decipher the output. Care to share with us what the abbreviations and numbers represent?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Ailia_Arendel
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2006 September 17, 06:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That link is too awesome for me. Is there a shorter tutorial about which files need to be deleted via SimPe after readying them in-game?
I'm decidedly non-awesome, but I think you're supposed to delete the relevant entries under Sim Description (SDSC) and Sim Wants and Fears (SWAF), in the NXXX_Neighborhood.package. You'll want Display Filenames turned on (under the Extra menu) so you can find the right Sim Descriptions easier. (Of course, you can also use the Sim Browser). To find the right SWAF entry for a specific Sim you need to load that Sim's Description and click on More, then "Open Wants & Fears" (note that More also has an "Open Character File" option that'll tell you what .package file under the Characters folder of that neighborhood belongs to that character, which is the last thing you delete, and that can't be deleted from SimPE. You'll have to find the folder and delete the file manually.)

When you've found the correct entries, right-click and choose Delete (it won't actually be gone until you save the Neighborhood.package, so you can right-click again and choose Restore if you accidently picked the wrong one). Obviously, you'd want to make a backup of the Neighborhood before you go deleting things.
« Last Edit: 2007 March 17, 12:22:59 by Ailia_Arendel » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2006 September 17, 06:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was excited to see the plague details option since I've had it going around for quite awhile, including on the lot that I tried it on. However, I cannot decipher the output. Care to share with us what the abbreviations and numbers represent?
SH: Symptom Hash
LD: Lethal Dose
CS: Current Severity (if CS >= LD, you == dead)
CT: Contagiousness
RP: Recovery Points (positive means your sim is recovering, negative means it will get worse)
RHC: Recovery Hour Count (recovery points are subtracted from severity when this count hits 6 or so)
UNK: Your guess is as good as mine.

Update: Cool, Super-Shiny Discovery! Object text updated accordingly to mention that Prep-For-Delete even exterminates the SWAF, so you only have to eliminate SDSC and file!
« Last Edit: 2006 September 17, 10:29:25 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2006 September 17, 16:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to make a quite tile nuker or just have it say X # of objects were found and nuked rather than a window for each? I keep getting those damned restock signs in the far corner of the lot and it's a bit annoying to have to x out of 30+ little windows for each sign deleted.  Shocked

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 48 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: