FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION

<< < (149/237) > >>

Sivany:
Quote from: seelindarun on 2007 July 16, 20:02:19

Actually, if you read Pescado's lead post, he does reference the abbreviations he uses to describe each disease.  Taking notes, you can derive each one, though it takes a bit of deduction as he is characteristically opaque in his explanation.  ::)  I used Magicmoon's notes to check my own, which I summarised from that post when the thread was started.

What I can't figure out is SS?  Magicmoon's notes did not shed light on it and JMP's post is indecipherable on this matter.  It's not symptom hash (SH), or is it?

The references were just a little too opaque for me, I did get some idea of what the abbreviations might refer to from the post, but I wasn't confident in what I'd come up with (plus some of them I just had no clue about).

However I do have an idea about SS. I assume it stands for something like starting severity. Every disease must start with a severity value which the recovery points can increase or decrease. I would assume this value would be random so I figured SS must be the formula the game uses to work out the starting severity of a disease. Am I right or totally off the mark? *holds breath*

Quote from: sambeaner on 2007 July 16, 00:09:16

??? I need help, two of my sims disappeared, i downloaded the debugger and i do not have the option to bring them back.. what do i do?? the memory is also saying "$subject got married" what do i do?? If i cannot bring the sims back I am worried that if i make another family the same thing will happen. I need help.

How exactly did they disappear? Or at what point did you notice they had disappeared? From my (somewhat limited) experience of this happening I would say they aren't likely to be back anytime soon unless you have a backup of your neighbourhood.

Magicmoon:
What is "Bring out your dead"? Is it supposed to cause an error message?

Two days ago Windows became corrupted and I had to reinstall, complete with format since the in-place install didn't work. I had back-ups of everything, including my config folder. After reinstalling Sims I was quite surprised that I didn't have a reset.

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework. Just as I finished posting we had a blackout.

Before playing today, I needed to create a clean hood to test something so I renamed my Sims2 folder and ran the game. I then renamed it and went back to my regular Sims2 folder.

I loaded in the lot that had the ghost, expecting a repeat of yesterday's ghost scenario since the blackout caused the game to quit without saving. Her tombstone is still on another lot, the one she died on. I was quite surprised that my whole hood was reset. Which of these actions caused the reset? Especially since a complete reinstall of both Windows and Sims did not cause one.

Back to my question, I did not notice "bring out your dead" before the crash, but maybe I just missed it. Since it is under the fix menu and only shows up on this lot, I was wondering if that meant something had gone wrong, perhaps due to the reset, and now needed fixed.

I clicked it and got an error message. I chose reset. Nothing seemed to have happened other than the active Sim jumping out of their chair. I tried again with the same results. Now I fear that I touched something that I shouldn't have and decided to post before saving the game.

Here is the error. I have no idea why it is talking about grilling hamburgers. The active Sim was sitting in the computer chair, just sitting for comfort.

J. M. Pescado:
Bring Out Your Dead means you have dead sims still pretending to be resident in a family. Bringing them out kicks them out. Try new version, should be fixed.

Strangel:
Quote from: magicmoon on 2007 July 19, 11:41:20

[snipped]

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework. [snipped]

How'd you pull that one off? I may have just the simstory to include such a thing in. LOL

Magicmoon:
Quote from: magicmoon on 2007 July 19, 11:41:20

Yesterday I shrunk my game to post a pic of a ghost bringing home homework.

Quote from: Strangel on 2007 July 19, 12:35:38

How'd you pull that one off? I may have just the simstory to include such a thing in. LOL

It's all explained here:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9091

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page