More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 14:53:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Best aspiration to fulfill fears?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Best aspiration to fulfill fears?  (Read 5993 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Best aspiration to fulfill fears?
« on: 2007 January 31, 20:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For a while now i've been planning to make a sim that utterly fails at life and finally i've decided to put it into practice.  Any idea what the best aspiration would be to fulfill fears?  I've already got it planned to send my sim to college and fail so i get the extra fear slots to make it work better.
kattenijin
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Best aspiration to fulfill fears?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 31, 20:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grilled cheese and fortune. Hmmm... maybe fortune and grilled cheese Smiley
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 31, 21:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say family, because they often fill up their want slots with stupid wants to be best friends in college, and so you would have an advantage in that you wouldn't accidentally fill any wants like go to class.

Then they tend also to get power fears like "rejected for engagement", which would be reasonably fun and easy to arrange.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 01, 00:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically anything that isn't knowledge can be speed-tortured and sent into instant insanity from full platinum in seconds. Trepie or Rohina can send Sim-Brynnes into instant aspiration failure in seconds: X Howls -500, Bladder Failure -1000, Bladder Failure at Party (-8500?) = instant wipeout in seconds.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 01, 04:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Romance sims tend to have 'flirt' wants and fears when they first meet other sims-pretty easy to have them fail at romance Cheesy Also like Pes said, bladder failure at parties and losing fights give sims, especially popularity ones big aspirational hits.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 01, 05:26:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't think Grilled Cheese is a good aspiration for this one.  Take your eye off 'em for a second, and they'll be in the kitchen making sandwiches and happy again...
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 01, 11:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the input guys, i want to avoid using the bladder failure fear if i can because let's face it no sim is that pathetic that they keep peeing themself...err okay maybe they are but realistically speaking.
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 01, 11:50:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have obviously not been following the adventures of Sim Brynne.
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 01, 11:52:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, a Sim with high neat in an E-Mail challenge lot would likely piss themselves all the time also.

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Weaver
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 01, 11:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would go with Fortune or Pleasure. Fortune, well, a lot of the fears tend to revolve around work - like miss the carpool - of course, that can lead to being fired and with no money, the repo man. Perfect cycle of fears.

Pleasure tends to sink into aspiration failure in my games because I don't typically go crazy with all the fun objects and visiting community lots. Most of the wants and fears are less long term and tend to take too much maintenance.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 01, 12:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No i haven't been following the adventures of Sim Brynne, link?

I forgot to ask J.M everytime i look i seem to see you talk about torturing sim Brynne do you keep sim Brynne alive endlessly or have an entire army of people named Brynne?

I would go with Fortune or Pleasure. Fortune, well, a lot of the fears tend to revolve around work - like miss the carpool - of course, that can lead to being fired and with no money, the repo man. Perfect cycle of fears.

Pleasure tends to sink into aspiration failure in my games because I don't typically go crazy with all the fun objects and visiting community lots. Most of the wants and fears are less long term and tend to take too much maintenance.

I had my eye on fortune sims because of the wants like miss carpool get fired ect.  They'd be easy to accomplish, the ones like repo man and no money wouldn't really work unless i have the sim in a different household and specifically don't send them money.

My pleasure sims are practically always near red they have the most retarted wants possible unless they live on their own (preferably with a pet).  For the life of me though i can't seem to remember what their fear chain has, anyone remember?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 01, 12:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personalities also matter. Make a neat-freak shy Sim of any aspiration, and s/he will fear using a public toilet and throwing parties.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 01, 12:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personalities also matter. Make a neat-freak shy Sim of any aspiration, and s/he will fear using a public toilet and throwing parties.

Ah thanks for the tip i completely overlooked personality.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 February 01, 15:36:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2818.0.html  -- it's long, though, and many of the pics were eaten in a server crash last year, but there's much to see in the last couple of pages of the thread.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 February 02, 11:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,2818.0.html  -- it's long, though, and many of the pics were eaten in a server crash last year, but there's much to see in the last couple of pages of the thread.

Thanks i'll take a look at it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: