More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 02:57:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 123700 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #275 on: 2007 February 14, 11:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he likes it that way. Maybe it would cost money to fix. Not everyone is willing to blow money on things they don't technically need even if they could afford it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: 2007 February 14, 11:41:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention there is a small risk of dying with any surgery/anesthesia

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2007 February 14, 11:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe he likes it that way. Maybe it would cost money to fix. Not everyone is willing to blow money on things they don't technically need even if they could afford it.

I figure he must not mind it or he would have had it fixed. It just makes me wonder what happened to it. That is all. Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2007 February 14, 11:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention there is a small risk of dying with any surgery/anesthesia
And the fact that recovering from having your nose taken apart and chopped into bits and reassembled is never pleasant no matter how much money you invest in it. In fact, it will probably be less pleasant than how it got there in the first place. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I figure he must not mind it or he would have had it fixed. It just makes me wonder what happened to it. That is all. Grin
Well, my nose looks the way it does because of battle damage. A similar explanation is likely the case here.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2007 February 14, 12:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not. He probably got hit in the nose with a football, a la Marcia Brady.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2007 February 14, 12:47:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, I just thought of Marcia Brady when I read Owen Wilson a few posts above! When I hear Owen Wilson, I remember Zoolander, then I remember Ben Stiller, then Christine Taylor (a.k.a. Marcia Brady- in the Brady Bunch Movie). Just as I was picturing a scene she talked to Owen Wilson in Zoolander, I read your post. Cheesy
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2007 February 14, 12:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As per usual, I am taking the great advise of this site and not installing this patch and will wait for the patch for the patch!  Roll Eyes

However I would like to mention that after breeding Regan and Cornwall Capp, I was surprised at the result, although they do not conform to the "beautiful sims category", I am sure they will breed some unique and more humanly normal features.

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2007 February 14, 12:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o.0
They would make good vampires...

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2007 February 14, 14:16:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the patch my toddlers are bald  Smiley As the two I have had so far are both alien I rather like the look. I plan to keep it for them, even if they transition to hair at childhood. I haven't seen the maid glitch, the only maid in my game seems to be Alyana Dallas and she is fine.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2007 February 19, 05:31:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

David Thomas Pitt and Emma Avio were married yesterday; had the big wedding with cake, champagne, bartender, dancing, etc.  Was a barnburner of a party in spite of the fathers of the bride and groom leaving before the nuptials.  All is well except that Emma Avio is still Emma Avio and the LTWs of her parents to have a relative marry were not fulfilled.   

As a follow-up to this event, when I returned to that lot last night (I play a rotation), Emma has disappeared.  David and the two dogs were the only inhabitants.  Although I had played this Sim since her birth, graduated her from Uni (before I installed the college adjuster hack), and gotten her to plat stat post graduation, SimPE revealed no Emma.  Her husband, parents, and six siblings had no memories of her. 

I again wonder what would trigger a Sim to be vaporized since this is the second time this has happened in my game.

Whatever the cause, it occurred during/after the wedding and after I exited the lot, because she was missing from the three backups I made after Feb 10.

Had to restore my Feb 4 backup (made just before I installed the patch).  Cassie of the protruding cheekbones scheduled to pop into toddlerhood tonight.  Hope her weird cheekbones go wherever Emma went.

BTW, David and Emma had a second (quiet) wedding; her surname is now correctly Pitt.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2007 February 19, 17:29:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Out of the frying pan and into the fire: For the second time Cassie transitioned into an ugly toddler.  However, she then regressed back to an infant while keeping her toddler abilities to walk, go to the potty, and skill.  Her mom aged to an elder the same day, but also popped back one Sim day. 

Not a good sign so elder sis Sienna (who is perfectly normal) was sent off to Uni and Cassie and her parents were moved out of the house and now live in the Sim bin, where they will stay until my game explodes (probably soon).

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2007 February 19, 17:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is freaky!
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2007 February 19, 18:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And strange that "holy platinum diamond halo" (a phrase which I like much more than the boring official one Smiley) is still sideways, like it is for "normal" selectable babies.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2007 February 21, 10:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a gifted baby!

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2007 February 21, 12:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, a plat stat baby with three charisma points, two logic, two creativity, who can walk and is potty trained!  Reminds me of that dancing baby on the 'Net.

Perhaps I'm a glutton for punishment, but I don't like unresolved issues so I moved my Feb 4 (pre pets patch) backup in the game and played that household a bit last night, but not to the age transition of Cassie and her mom Katie. 

I had aged Cassie early in the morning and then Katie that evening the first time around - at that point I had the age duration hack in.  Moved the hack out of the game before sticking my 2/4 BU in and will see what happens tonight.

If things go bonkers again, will do a reinstall of everything except the pesty pets patch.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 2007 February 21, 19:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch really borked this family.  Katie became an elder and Cassie a toddler tonite, however, when I attempted to change her hair and clothing, no toddler clothes were available and the reflection in the mirror was of a half-headed infant.  Katie had custom hair so that remained brown, but her eyebrows were gray.  An attempt to change her appearance resulted in binned brown hair only.  No elder slouch or shuffle.

So I bit the bullet, uninstalled Pests, and reinstalled it (but not the patch)  That resulted in the current incarnations of Cassie and her elder mom, Katie: 

Checked them in SimPE and Cassie is noted as a toddler and Katie as an elder. 

Gameplay in other lots and in Uni is normal. 

This was the patch from hell.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2007 February 22, 06:40:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassie is much cuter now!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2007 February 22, 07:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno.  I'm worried about how skinny her arms and legs are.  How can they possibly hold up her round, pudgy tummy?  Shocked
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2007 February 22, 10:48:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soooo creepy. It's like a horrible gumby baby.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2007 February 22, 11:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, she is quite creepy and strange.  Must be her destiny since she's popped back in time twice.  Have decided to keep playing her for a while simply because I'm curious what will happen next.

Gonna be a mighty interesting transition to childhood.  Will she go through life wearing only a diaper?  Will she get boobies?  Stay tuned... Grin

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2007 February 25, 10:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassie ditched the diapers after a very interesting birthday.  Her cheekbone extensions are gone (as is the patch)

Lesson learned.  No more patches until they are force fed.  Only took me a week of messing around to undo the damage.

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2007 February 25, 11:03:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well with Seasons starting to be released around the world it looks as if EA has missed an opportunity to surprise us all and fix the Pets patch.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2007 February 25, 15:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that because Seasons is released there will never necessarily be a Pets patch. What does Seasons have to do with the Pets patch at all? Seasons was done before they ever released the patch, after all, or maybe finished at about the same time. Why would they stop production until they've fixed the patch? They need to sell Seasons to continue to pay the people who will make the new patches. Sims is what keeps EA running- almost everything else loses them money.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
theisz
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2007 February 25, 15:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what happens for those that buy Seasons and had updated their Pets with the broken patch?  You wont be able to install the fix for the Pets patch should they put one out.  You would have already installed Seasons and not be able to patch the Pets patch.

For the love of old ladies having heart attacks!  Oh no, I've gone cross eyed.  Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 February 27, 03:00:27 by theisz » Logged
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2007 February 25, 15:37:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<chants I won't be an early adopter of Seasons>
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: