More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:33:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 123688 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #250 on: 2007 February 12, 11:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you need the puppy/kitten parentage fix with an unholy hybrid?

INFP or something
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: 2007 February 12, 15:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really want to have to uninstall the patch, since I have vampires and whatnot, but could somebody make a fix where a toddler with a dormie black haired dad and a red/black haired 5th gen mother does NOT get red hair and black eyebrows?
That's a hardcoded problem. The vampires problem is already fixed in the vampirefixes here, so you won't have any problems with vampires even without the patch if you install that.

Huh I thought I had your fix installed and I still had problems.  I go and check and apparently I do not have it installed.  Funny considering I do remember downloading the darn thing...

Edit:  Apparently I may've had either an old version of it and it was deleted out of my folder, or I just never did stick it in the ol' dl folder *smacks head*

Ok...mainly I ask because I don't want to have to uninstall this patch.  Pain in the ass, IMHO. 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: 2007 February 12, 16:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pathetically desparate enough to try that Unholy Hybrid method out.  I'm aiming to get rid of the toddler hair bug, while keeping the fix for the 'suggest outfit' bug.  This is the only solution I've seen anyone come up with so far *sigh*.

Well, I tried the unholy hybrid, and it caused my game to stop loading, yet when I removed the .exe file that I'd copied from the CD, changed the patched version back to its original name, and then went to restart my game, suddenly all of the core game files went missing from the Program Files, and I had to do a manual uninstall, which is a real PITA. Grrrrr. Stupid EA and stupid me. I'm fed up with all of this buggy crap!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2007 February 12, 22:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case you might have missed it, Maxoid Sam has posted on the BBS that EA is aware of the hair issue and they are looking into it now. Admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery so I for one am proud of EA's management team  Tongue

You can read it here but it is just a one liner.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2007 February 12, 23:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, at least they've acknowledged the issue. They should really do that more often, it really does fend off the angry mob. In all likelyhood, the issue is likely to be squashed in the next expansion, but ignored in the patch as being noncritical, as users can avoid the bug rather trivially through the expedient of not installing the patch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2007 February 13, 00:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree about it probably being fixed in the next expansion but the way things stand at the moment, many people are still unaware of the issue and happily downloading the patch. It would be nice if they either removed the Pets patch from general distribution or put some sort of caveat notice next to the patch so more people don't unwittingly get affected.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2007 February 13, 00:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado shrugs.

Sucks to be them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2007 February 13, 01:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing devil's advocate here a bit -- the patch fixes some more critical issues, and only introduces a cosmetic bug (haircolour mismatch). Since the majority of players do not get the third-party bugfixes by Pesc and several others, this is their only chance to fix critical gameplay errors.
That group is probably better off with the patch, even if it does introduce new errors.

Of course if EAMaxis hired some QA people they might have caught this bug and not released a broken patch. I hope we will get a patch for the patch. We did get multiple patches for TS2 base, OFB, and FFS after all.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2007 February 13, 01:07:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I tried the unholy hybrid, and it caused my game to stop loading...
Bummer! I did the same and it worked fine.  Undecided I've been playing all evening with no problems.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2007 February 13, 03:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing devil's advocate here a bit -- the patch fixes some more critical issues, and only introduces a cosmetic bug (haircolour mismatch). Since the majority of players do not get the third-party bugfixes by Pesc and several others, this is their only chance to fix critical gameplay errors.
Sucks to be them also.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2007 February 13, 04:28:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Pets supposed to be the relatively "stable" release? I seem to recall somewhere about them cycling between "stable" and "unstable" EPs. To put this in developer terms, basically the "Seasons" EP is the testing tree and Pets was the stable tree from the old OfB testing branch.

In short, they tried to backport features of a testing tree into a stable tree, and that's what this patch is.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2007 February 13, 05:35:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxoid Sam Made a sticky about the issue and a second patch in the pets tread.

Author:  MaxoidSam - Rank: Stammering Sim - View MySimPage Profile 
Date:  Feb-12-07 12:52 PM PST
Subject:  Pets Patch has created hair color inconsistencies 

We are aware of this issue and are looking into the cause. If another patch is required to fix the problem we will issue a 2nd patch. Our apologies for the error.
-sam

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2007 February 13, 05:45:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Pets supposed to be the relatively "stable" release? I seem to recall somewhere about them cycling between "stable" and "unstable" EPs. To put this in developer terms, basically the "Seasons" EP is the testing tree and Pets was the stable tree from the old OfB testing branch.
This sounds like crazy talk to me. I'm pretty sure they just do these things by voodoo, hence why they undid things that they FIXED in OFB and randomly rearranged other things for no apparent reason other than to be contrary.

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2007 February 13, 15:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well, if you can't stand the suspense you could always grow them up to see what they'd be like? I've generally had them go from squooshed and ugly to not too bad, though...

As for that scalp problem, I've had that waaaay back since Uni at least. In my case, it came from binning certain hairstyles - I believe the really old ones, because the textures I recognized replacing the Sim's scalp came from hair that was made just by alpha edits of Maxis meshes, before there were new meshes available at all. At that time I used Datgen and then I just started binning by hand. It affected my custom skins at first, but now I am still getting that scalp problem with Maxis skins, so I have to wonder if it's the binning issue again, as I've binned everything and my downloading vice is hairstyles Tongue I can't tell which hair texture is causing it like I could with the other one, though (it had a big flower painted on the hair, so that gave it away right there). I'd definitely like to know what the real deal is with that stupid issue, though!
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: 2007 February 13, 16:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played earlier today and two more babies transitioned to toddler.  Neither had hair problems, they came with the hair SimPE said they'd grow up with.  I guess that hair thing is a random glitch. 

As for the borked genetics, I have a ton of fugly Sims, and they're all pre-patch.  Do not breed Sims with Blake Lawson, for example.  He has a gigantic nose when he grows up.  I was unfortunate to have a Brittany Upsnott spawn marry him, and here's their decendent:

Also, the unfortunate Sim who grew up from teen to adult with the awful genetics, he reminds me of Alvin Curtin.  Do not breed a Sim with him either! Here's his kid, and oh lord, his nose! 

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2007 February 13, 19:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played earlier today and two more babies transitioned to toddler.  Neither had hair problems, they came with the hair SimPE said they'd grow up with.  I guess that hair thing is a random glitch. 

As for the borked genetics, I have a ton of fugly Sims, and they're all pre-patch.  Do not breed Sims with Blake Lawson, for example.  He has a gigantic nose when he grows up.  I was unfortunate to have a Brittany Upsnott spawn marry him, and here's their decendent:

My kids would call this one the Adrien Brody of sims  Wink. (Personally I think Adrien Brody is hot but the kids constantly make fun of his beak nose.)

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2007 February 13, 23:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that so many people are obsessed with breeding perfect sims? Ugly = variety and I'd rather have that than a 'Midwich Cuckoos' style neighbourhood of idealised conformity.

maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2007 February 13, 23:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's all in the eye of the beholder anyway - I, personally, can't tell the differences between Hollywood actors/actresses and models and all the rest (unless they are very distinctive).  I have a small problem with recognising faces.  They all look completely the same to me.  And dull - dull, dull, dull.

Inteen for AL, yay!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2007 February 14, 00:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm obsessed with all my sims being perfect because for me at least Sims is an escape from reality. If I want to look at something hideous, I can just look across the street or in the mirror.  Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2007 February 14, 01:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why is it that so many people are obsessed with breeding perfect sims? Ugly = variety and I'd rather have that than a 'Midwich Cuckoos' style neighbourhood of idealised conformity.
I would imagine it's because people don't want to look at ugly things on their screen. I don't think a distinctive nose necessarily makes a sim bad, though.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: 2007 February 14, 05:37:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to date a beak. I used to date an imperfectly formed guy and he was great. Never underestimate the package based on the beak bow.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2007 February 14, 06:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beaks Long noses are okay, but cheekbones that protrude past the nose are not so okay.  Makes putting on mascara a bit challenging.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2007 February 14, 08:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can live with ugly features, but not the nose. IRL, the nose makes or breaks a face, in my opinion. I can't even bear to look at the hideous looking noses my sims sometimes get. Those sims become unplayable...
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2007 February 14, 08:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally I don't see a big nose being unattractive. A deformed nose however, (see Owen Wilson for example) is highly distracting to me. I spend a majority of time during movies featuring Owen Wilson wondering WTF happened to his nose, lol.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2007 February 14, 11:34:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hes deffinatly had it broken a few times... interesting that hes never had surgery to get it fixed though, especially being a hollywood actor

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: