More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:53:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 123689 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #175 on: 2007 February 07, 13:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patched version is still running ok for me, in fact the loading times appear to have decreased considerably across the board (initial, neighbourhood and lot). I did have a couple of babies age to be bald toddlers but they miraculously regrew their hair when they transitioned to children. All new offspring have inherited sensible hair/eyebrow colours and look like either one/both their parents. Risky woohoo seems to have struck a bit more often, but that's probably one of those law of average things, a bit like waiting for buses; nothing, nothing, nothing... then 2 or 3 arrive at once!

purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007 February 07, 16:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok..I think I did a VBT. 

I backed up my Sims2 folder and installed the patch, but I forgot to remove the phonehackOMGpetzzz version.  What can I expect if I  remove the hack in the future, like when I install Seasons ? ( At least I have my backup if I have to uninstall Pets)  Undecided

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007 February 07, 16:23:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All your phones will break. BDTD. And that's why I uninstalled/reinstalled Pets last night.  Wink

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007 February 07, 16:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does get fixed if you re-buy every phone on every lot, right?
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: 2007 February 07, 17:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is fixing the problem with vampire hair worth doing if the consequences of installing this patch are...well...what y'all described?  I find it humorous that a vampire Sim went on a "biting spree" and the women he bit transitioned with Grand Vampire hair.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007 February 07, 18:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know also, obviously.  That sounds a tad easier than an uninstall/reinstall.  I can't believe what a moron I was not to remove that hack! Tongue

Oh...what about cellphones? Are they also broken?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007 February 07, 18:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't remove any of my hacks when I installed the patch...including the phone hack, I doubt it really matters *shrugs*

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: 2007 February 07, 18:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I removed the downloads folder, installed the patch, and put the downloads folder back in.

It did fix the vampire hair problem!   Wink

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007 February 07, 18:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know also, obviously.  That sounds a tad easier than an uninstall/reinstall.  I can't believe what a moron I was not to remove that hack! Tongue

Oh...what about cellphones? Are they also broken?

I didn't try cellphones.

I guess it depends on how populated your neighborhoods are. I cram a lot of houses into my neighborhoods, and to go in and delete every single phone would have taken forever. Just uninstalling/reinstalling Pets was a lot less work since you don't have to uninstall all the EPs like in TS1, just Pets.

And sleepycat, it doesn't matter unless you ever actually want to remove the phone hack- or replace it with an updated version for Seasons, for instance, if that's needed. Before I upload anything, I take out my hacks since I don't assume that everyone else wants them and not everyone is smart/informed enough to use Clean Installer. I suspect that you might be able to take out the hack and then install Seasons over it, and it would probably be okay, but Sims installations can be so delicate that I didn't want to risk it, personally. Leaving it IN while installing Seasons would be an even bigger risk, since Lord knows what it will break.  It's much more annoying to me to have to mess around with reinstalls on the day I get a new EP than just a regular day I'm firing up the game.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007 February 07, 20:14:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the odd eyebrow and hair thing going on some of my NPCs, too. Since I don't ever breed my playables with them the DNA doesn't matter, so whenever I catch one I use the Insim temporal adjuster to do a makeover on them and match the hair and brows again, whatever color I feel like or remember, and send them on their way Tongue

I've had some ugly toddlers fill out surprisingly nicely as teenagers/adults... some a bit less so, but that's due to extreme features on their parents' part. And sometimes that's just part of using the sim rerandomizer, I've found - one sibling will get a good mix of features and the other not so much. Better than clones, anyway. I've started breeding for the orc nose strain I accidentally got on one of my Sims now, just for some fun and variety. (Well, they DO live in a little rundown shack in the woods... it seems fairly X-Files, with appropriate story added Tongue)

Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007 February 07, 20:32:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used Theo's Alternate Sim Surgery Plugin on several Sims to good effect. Granted, you still have a template Sim in CAS to delete, but I'm assuming deleting those don't cause the complications that deleting a fully fledged Sim from the bin would create.

Simsurgery doesn't work for actually changing sims at last check. For some arcane reason it possesses only the capability to copy one sim that is ALREADY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD onto another similar sim. This is rather useless, since copying a sim in such a manner thus requires you to CREATE AN UNWANTED TEMPLATE SIM, which means fun-with-deleting-crap.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007 February 08, 08:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Swiftgold, are you saying there's hope for Cassie and her cheeks with the horizontal ridge? 
MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: 2007 February 08, 10:44:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had the opposite happen in respect to cute vs fugly. Heath was a rather handsome baby, toddler, child and teen. Then, he grew up. Get a load of that nose. His brother, who is a genetic clone btw, turned out incredibly handsome.

And I've had a baby just born to a father with D-black/R-black and a mother with D-red/R-red hair. The boy has black eyebrows and blonde hair. His new little sister (different mother, D-black/R-black) has red hair and black eyebrows.

And my mail lady miraculously switched from blonde to black, without changing her thumbnail.

I can't begin to tell you how PLEASED I am to have installed this *expletive deleted* patch. At least now my vampires won't have the Grand Vamp hair.  Roll Eyes (/sarcastic tone)   I'll be uninstalling/reinstalling pets without the patch tonight...
« Last Edit: 2007 February 08, 12:10:36 by MagicBeans » Logged

~*~ Beans ~*~
Please don't annoy the writer. She may put you in a story and kill you off.
Magic Beans Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007 February 08, 10:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't begin to tell you how PLEASED I am to have installed this *expletive deleted* patch. At least now my vampires won't have the Grand Vamp hair.  Roll Eyes (/sarcastic tone)   I'll be uninstalling/reinstalling pets without the patch tonight...
Technically, that bug was fixed as part of the Vampire fixes on MATY. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: 2007 February 08, 11:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course it was! LOL  I have to learn to look HERE first. I'd much rather install anything you guys can come up with, over the patches anyway.  Angry

How long til you hack right into their brains and rewire their way of thinking? You know from "get it out quick" to "get it out right"?  Grin

~*~ Beans ~*~
Magic Beans Sims
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007 February 08, 11:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Priorities like "get it out quick" vs. "get it out right" are set by management.  Management wears tinfoil hats so their brains can't be hacked.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2007 February 08, 11:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Neither getting it out quick nor right, or even really at all, appear to be priorities for EA. Note how their patch was neither quick nor right. Technically, our official favor leans towards "quick". We figure "right" is something you zero in on through a succession of quick attempts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: 2007 February 08, 12:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note how their patch was neither quick nor right.

So very true.  Undecided

~*~ Beans ~*~
Magic Beans Sims
PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2007 February 08, 17:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I patched my game, but my new RAM arrived so I figured I'd do a complete reformat of my laptop. This time I'm not patching pets, simply getting the MATY fixes I need. It's easier that way.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2007 February 08, 18:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good girl, PandaGirl!
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2007 February 08, 20:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

heh, I've decided to uninstall Pets and NOT reinstall it...

PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2007 February 09, 01:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only reason i found to reinstall pets is I quite like the floor divider thingy and the flatten to road level tool.

MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: 2007 February 09, 03:34:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had two problems with the EP itself. The Grand Vamp hair thing, and another one that the patch didn't even fix. There were a few times that I'd have a sim invite a townie to live with them, and a pop up would come up saying the townie had a pregnant pet at home, and couldn't move until the pet gave birth. But of course, the townie didn't have a home, much less a dog or cat. lol It's a glitch that I know at least one other person had as well, causing her Black Widow challenge to come to a screeching halt. I'm willing to put up with that (ha, unless there's a fix for that on here! lol), seeing as it now feels like an incredibly minor glitch compared to all this DNA crap from the patch. 

~*~ Beans ~*~
Magic Beans Sims
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2007 February 09, 04:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But of course, the townie didn't have a home, much less a dog or cat. lol It's a glitch that I know at least one other person had as well, causing her Black Widow challenge to come to a screeching halt. I'm willing to put up with that (ha, unless there's a fix for that on here! lol), seeing as it now feels like an incredibly minor glitch compared to all this DNA crap from the patch. 
I believe there is, in fact, a "pregnant pets fix". probably from Syberspunk, here.

MagicBeans
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: 2007 February 09, 05:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love you. And I mean that in a non-romantic, you've-solved-my-problems kind of way LOL

And, might I add, that my current status of Asinine Airhead is SO fitting.  Cheesy

~*~ Beans ~*~
Magic Beans Sims
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: