More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:54:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 123690 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #50 on: 2007 February 01, 17:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TS2 expansions are like an onion
LMAO! So it stinks, I presume?
And they make you cry.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 February 02, 00:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone else had weird side effects of the patch?  My red headed npc maid is now blonde, yet her thumbnail pic is still showing her as a redhead.

Same deal for me.

Forcing a thumbnail refresh did not fix it — I fixed it by vamping her and curing her with the cheats to force a full body redrawing.

Cheers Jordi, did you use boolprop to do this?  Or is there a vamp turner and cure cheat i am unaware of?

Just the testing cheats. Pause the game, the nshift-click the maid and 'make vampire'. Then 'cure vampire'.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 February 03, 06:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since the patch I've noticed that the way the game deals with inherited custom hair is somewhat changed.  I'm talking about non-binned custom hair, which is all I use in my game.  So far since I've installed the patch, I have had three or four babies age to toddler and all of them ended up bald.  Their DNA still shows correct, but I have to do a Change Appearance to assign the hairstyle that I want.

This seems to affect only baby-to-toddler age transitions.  It annoys me because part of the reason I use custom hair is to get variety in toddler hairstyles *without* having to do a Change Appearance every time.  Has anybody else seen this?
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 February 03, 06:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If  you use the Lot Debugger to randomize the lot before the first baby is born in each play section, they'll have random hairstyles with binned hair.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 February 03, 08:13:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, something is messed up in my game.  I had an adult transition post patch and she is screwed up.  Her age says 26 days instead of 5?.  I went to send her to the community lot via her car and I had to delete her and get her back(InSIM).  When she reappeared it said she still had 3 days to elderhood.  I had to manually change her back to the right age.  I tryed to send her by Taxi but she would get in then get right back out again.  She also can't use her car to go to work.  Her husband transitioned pre patch and can use his car fine for work but when I sent him to a community lot, he left but I didn't.  The teen can go to and from school and work fine but they are running out of money so I don't want to sacrifice another car.  I also had a stuck save buttons.

Has InSim been cleared for post-patch use? If I were going to choose a hack that I thought would be the likely to make things go haywire post-patch, InSim would be it.   Wink

Installing a patch is just like installing a new EP- it changes the basic inner workings of the game, and most of the time that means, at the least, that the hacks break, and a lot of times, the hacks cause the game to break. The more complicated the hack and the more it reaches in and changes the basics of the game, the more likely it is to cause problems.  That's why most in this thread are waiting to hear from the modders before installing the patch.  You can't just install a patch over all your hacks and expect everything to work.

(And no, I still haven't been brave enough to try to see how badly I screwed my game.)
It's weird, cause I read earlier in the posts about Two Jeff''s parentage hack not compatable and I checked my Two Jeff's folder and it wasn't there.  After I wrote the post, I checked other sites to no avail, then I got persistant cause I could of sworn that I had that hack, so I went through clean installer and found it in the wrong folder.  It was the parentage hack and everything is fine now.  I went back to my back up game, but I think I could of straightened it up without it.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 February 03, 08:51:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If  you use the Lot Debugger to randomize the lot before the first baby is born in each play section, they'll have random hairstyles with binned hair.

Mine always get random hairstyles with binned hair and I don't randomize at all. I don't like the way the hairstyle that the parent has is the only hairstyle that the child will get with un-binned hair.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 February 03, 11:07:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I played for a couple hours and it ran better then it did before the patch  Shocked

The game 'felt' more stable (like it did before installing Pets) and when going to a community lot I found it loaded normally again

before Pets or OFB (can't remember which), community lots would load quick - I would see the taxi or car drive up and then stop and let the sims out,

after Pets or OFB, community lots would load slower - the screen would be black (but I could hear things happening) until the taxi/car stopped and let the sims out, sometimes they would be out of the car and heading inside the place by the time I could see, no big deal but it bugged me so I'm glad it's back to how it used to be.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 February 03, 11:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the update, Sleepycat. I'm hoping that the patch will have the same effect on my game. I haven't had time to play lately, but I hope to do some playing this weekend. I'll post my findings once I do.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 February 03, 12:46:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several people in the forum I chat in have had baby-to-toddler hair issues. Not only are random documented townies suddenly changing hair (Dagmar Bertino a brunette, Lucy Hanby a blonde, etc..) but toddlers with black brows are tossed and come down with blonde hair and the like. A check in SimPE shows all of them have NEW genetics, whether townie children or CAS-descendents.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 February 03, 13:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several people in the forum I chat in have had baby-to-toddler hair issues. Not only are random documented townies suddenly changing hair (Dagmar Bertino a brunette, Lucy Hanby a blonde, etc..) but toddlers with black brows are tossed and come down with blonde hair and the like.

That's interesting.  I had a dark-skinned male ex-townie in one of my families yesterday who suddenly had red hair, even though I was positive I'd changed him to black hair weeks ago.

A check in SimPE shows all of them have NEW genetics, whether townie children or CAS-descendents.

Do you mean they have different genetics than they had before the patch?  The SDNA information is different?  If so, that really stinks.  Let's hope it gets fixed in Seasons, at least.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2007 February 03, 13:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, we've all been wondering what EA would break with this latest 'fix.' Now we know.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 February 03, 14:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is why I haven't downloaded the patch yet.

Is there any hope of having a patch for the things that the patch breaks? I would like to have this dealt with before the new EP is available, if it is remotely possible.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 February 03, 14:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aside from Lucy Hanby now being blonde in my game, they've fixed being able to position/save graves in build mode in community lots - this alone makes the patch worthwhile. Other than that I created a new CAS sim ok, aged up a bunch of sims then let them transition to elder and they had sensible ages (using the age duration hack). I then aged them up to the day before death and grimmie turned up right on queue. There's also been a risky pregnancy (terminated) and two intentional conceptions via ACR, though I haven't run the pregnancies onto full term yet.

The only oddity was the guest list for one elder sim's anniversary party; I invited 3 of their children, forgetting that they were in the sim bin without cell phones having just graduated from college. They didn't make it to the party and instead the game substituted them with 3 zombified friends who I'd deliberately not invited as (in my opinion) zombie apocalypse and anniversary parties don't really mix. Three fights later, everyone had a good time and the uninvited zombies left right on cue at the end of the party with the other guests.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 February 03, 14:42:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read about the hair bug but I also read that the genetics didn't change.

When I played last night I didn't notice any sims having different colored hair and I don't currently have any babys or toddlers so it isn't something I can check myself right now *has a couple pregnant sims*

Many people are reporting the hair bug on the bbs and all of them say it started after installing the patch so I expect maxis/ea will have no choice but to admit they have to fix the patch, maybe they will also fix the other pet bugs *isn't going to hold her breath*

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 February 03, 15:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm currently filling in lots of QA forms in the vain hope that someone will a) read them and b) act on them
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 February 03, 15:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my maids turned up with blonde hair, that default style with the parting in the middle.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 February 03, 16:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone having trouble with toddlers being able to use skill objects? I read on another forum that the toddler objects weren't working correctly post patch.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 February 03, 17:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I'm not having any of these problems. *knocks on wood* I just had twins babies transition into toddlers and there weren't any problems with their hair or eyebrows. I haven't seen all the townies, yet, but the ones I did see had the right hair, too. I guess I'm just lucky so far. No problems with toddler toys, either.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 February 03, 17:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question. Do you people who have patched the game still have your mods/hacks in. Because I'm going to install the patch but as I'm playing the game quite frequently lately, and can't even think of playing without my mods, I'm too scared.

I know Twojeff's mods are okay (except the one I don't have anyway) but should I put my other stuff in after I install the patch? Or if everybody's playing with their mods, I can try playing with mine. I also know that even if it works for everybody with their mods in, it's not necessarily going to be the same with me.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 February 03, 17:50:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only took out JM's experiment outfit fixer, I didn't have 2Jeff's animal parentage hack, I played all yesterday with a patched game & 18MB odd of hacks and didn't notice any problems - except for player induced ones.

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 February 03, 18:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow. I can always back up the Programfiles/Eagames Directory and put it back right? I mean, if everything goes horribly wrong Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 February 03, 18:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Back up your Sims 2 folder under My Docs, that'll get all your hoods, your CC, any packaged lots and your pics.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2007 February 03, 21:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A check in SimPE shows all of them have NEW genetics, whether townie children or CAS-descendents.

Do you mean they have different genetics than they had before the patch?  The SDNA information is different?  If so, that really stinks.  Let's hope it gets fixed in Seasons, at least.

That's what I'm understanding from what they are posting. I haven't (won't..) installed the patch yet, or I could confirm it. I'll snag them tonight if I see them in chat and ask them to copy down the SDNA info for me.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 February 03, 21:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just not touching this one. I'm not even really playing right now anyway. It doesn't fix anything important we didn't already fix, and if it ain't broke...

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 February 03, 21:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While both my maids have the hair change, none of them have changed genetics. As mentioned before vamping and devamping them seems to have fixed it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: