More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 05:45:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Max Sims on Lot
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Max Sims on Lot  (Read 5450 times)
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Max Sims on Lot
« on: 2007 February 11, 12:27:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there is a hack to enable the 8 Sim limit to be exceeded on Community lots.

Can someone point me at a similar hack which works on residential lots?

Sannu
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
Re: Max Sims on Lot
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 11, 12:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are several threads around here about this. Did you try a search?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 11, 14:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I did a search, but success or lack of it is often measured by the search words you use. Maybe I wasn't using the right ones.

So what would be the correct string to use?

Sannu

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 11, 16:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Squinge has one at:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=25890

I had some problems with it though so I stopped using it and started using the one Jordi made at:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=212448

However, it also has a few problems and is not currently available for download until he works the kinks out. I am still using his in my game though. It only has one problem that I am aware of and I have a workaround for that.

I'm not aware of any that are working 100% correct with Pets, but Squinge may have worked most of the bugs out of his version by now.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 12, 00:05:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the hack myself still. The problem with my hack (I am aware of) is that Sims do not move in on marriages, but everything else works (they're flagged as married, and last name changes). So the workaround is to first move them in, then marry.

I should get around to fixing it, but I'm a lazy bum =p

Since Seasons will probably be out before long I'll probably hold off updating it until I get my hands on that XP's object.package. Unless (ha ha dream on) EAMaxis will finally lift the limitation or give us another cheat that does this.
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 12, 11:19:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magicmoon & Jordi

Thanks to you both. I knew there was one around somewhere as I had it before re-installing XP & (usual story) loosing all my Sim downloads.

I wonder if one of you would send me copy off-forum, I accept it may not be perfect, but I'll take it warts and all.

My email is [deleted]. Thanks!

sannu
« Last Edit: 2007 February 12, 13:52:19 by sannu » Logged
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 12, 12:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sannu, sent
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 12, 12:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Jordi's hack too, and in conjunction with the "imaginary" new cheats from Pets that MaxoidSam told me aren't there (uintProp   maxTotalSims #
uintProp   maxTotalHumans # and uintProp   maxTotalPets # ) I can do anything I want when it comes to how many Sims are in a household.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 12, 12:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use the hack myself still. The problem with my hack (I am aware of) is that Sims do not move in on marriages, but everything else works (they're flagged as married, and last name changes). So the workaround is to first move them in, then marry...

OK. So 2 problems that I am aware of. I never tried to marry a couple yet since installing your mod, so I didn't know about that problem. Does the marriage problem always occur, or just on lots that would go over Maxis normal limit?

The one I was talking about was the Greek House problem. If you are playing a Greek Lot, you cannot invite any eligible Sims to move in. But if you go to the dorm where the eligibles live, they can pick up a phone and move to the Greek House normally.

After installing Pets, I had some lots that were unplayable because I had too many Sims in them (From Doc Dufus's Mod). Until I installed a "More" mod, some of the Sims on these lots were having strange problems  like the inability to interact with infants and toddlers, youngsters floating and teleporting, and some other general weirdness.  After installing a mod, it straightened up. As I said earlier, I had tried both Squinge and Jordi's versions. I can't explain the weirdness, I just know it existed then stopped.

sannu: You might want to edit your last post so that your email address isn't sitting out on the web for all the spammers to see.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 12, 13:07:56 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 12, 13:00:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jordi. Caveat re marriage noted.

magicmoon: Sensible suggestion...done!

sannu
« Last Edit: 2007 February 12, 13:54:05 by sannu » Logged
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 13, 11:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using Jordi's hack too, and in conjunction with the "imaginary" new cheats from Pets that MaxoidSam told me aren't there (uintProp   maxTotalSims # uintProp   maxTotalHumans # and uintProp   maxTotalPets # ) I can do anything I want when it comes to how many Sims are in a household.

Jordi's MTS2 site suggests the following figures:
    uintProp maxTotalSims 50
    uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
    uintProp maxTotalPets 15

Just a momentary doubt - are these per lot figures or neighbourhood total figures?

sannu
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 13, 11:28:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Per lot. And these cheats only apply to merging from the neighbourhood screen — unless you use a hack which overrides the LotFullofSims check or a teleporter to move in Sims, you still hit the 8 (or is it 12 now?) Sims per lot limit.

Even without any hack, you can easily move in basically an unlimited number of Sims and/or Pets in a single lot by merging them in and using these cheats though.
I just wish they also applied to normal gameplay!
sannu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 13, 15:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again Jordi. Clears that up.

sannu
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: