More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:33:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Debug super duper hug
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Debug super duper hug  (Read 7285 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Debug super duper hug
« on: 2007 January 26, 10:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am all of a sudden, getting the, Debug super duper hug, interaction showing up when I click on sims.
I haven't installed any hacks that have reportedly caused this problem for others.
I did install, Shaklin's model animation changer recently but I've not seen anyone reporting this problem assoc. with this hack.
So, how do I get rid of it?

thanks
and, glad to see site back up!  Grin
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Debug super duper hug
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 26, 12:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't help, but have you tried it? What happens?

I get all curious whenever anything's super duper.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 26, 13:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's definitely a hack, so you just need to narrow it down to which hack. After that, remove it and/or tell the creator. The Super Duper Hug is a symptom of the hack being badly made, so you probably don't want to keep it.

Fail.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 26, 13:13:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the super duper hug?  Huh

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 26, 13:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The super duper hug interaction (while I haven't tried it myself) is usually the interaction that one clones when making a social plug-in. Any hack that adds new interactions (like ebruere's let's undress hack or whatever it's called) are pretty much made by cloning the social plugin.  I have read that there tend to be problems with clean up for certain hacks if you remove the hack from your downloads while you previously had it in your game.  Perhaps the game saved while your sims were running that interaction? And now that you removed it, instead of the new option that you had, it defaults to the object it was cloned from i.e. the super duper hug.

I vaguely recall reading about some hack... it may have been on MTS2... I forget, which resulted in leaving these "remnants" if you removed the hack from your game.  I don't recall exactly how you might fix it... I also vaguely recall that the person rewrote their hack so that an idle function could clean up these objects.

What you might be able to do... is force errors, either on the sim or on off-world objects.  If you turn on debug mode and do it on all off world objects, try to look for one related to the social plugin or super duper hug and maybe delete it? Huh Alternatively, you could probably do the move in and out of household thing. *shrugs*

Ste

Or try putting the hack that you might have removed back in. Enter that household... use the new interaction? And

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 26, 13:23:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what?  Cheesy

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 26, 13:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I've been able to narrow it down to, it doesn't seem to be a hack that I have in game, but a particular lot. I haven't downloaded any hacks dealing with social interactions.
The interaction doesn't show up unless I'm in this one house. It is Ed Newman's Compact unfurnished Downtown lot. I installed with clean installer and loaded the lot file.
I've read of hacks, particularly, 'ContolThisSim' getting installed with lots even though clean installer doesn't show it, that causes this SuperDuperHug debug option showing. Don't know if that is the case, with this lot, so,
how do I check if an unseen hack is loaded with the lot? How do I get rid of it, and hopefully not have to move the family out.

thanks
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 26, 17:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3703.0.html

Fail.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 26, 19:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Solution found, http://www.modthesims2.com/showpost.php?p=1284643&postcount=80, and it fixed the problem.
What's funny is that I never had that hack in the game but it was piggy backing with a lot.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 29, 19:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what?  Cheesy

I don't know what happened there.  I think I was in the middle of composing when I was at work and then I got distracted and thought or imagined I finished my thought. I probably finished in my head, but I didn't actually finish typing it out. Roll Eyes  I totally had a brain fart.

Um... so I don't remember what the rest of my thought was. I think after using the new interaction, hopefully the plug in object might clean itself up.

Anyways, it looks like PlayLives found the thread I was talking about. Heh. Cheesy

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: