More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:15:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dr. Death and the recalcitrant cow plant
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dr. Death and the recalcitrant cow plant  (Read 13133 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Dr. Death and the recalcitrant cow plant
« on: 2007 January 25, 09:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While I have Twojeff's adult/elder age duration hack (Oct 19 update), I decided to tackle my surplus elders who aged before I installed that hack.

Enter Kevorkian's Parlor, run by the newly appointed Dr. Death of Pleasantview, Mikey Bisgrove, who just happens to have two cow plants.

The business consists of two rooms, one featuring  caskets and gargoyles for sale and the other functioning as a very large cow plant parlor, nicely decorated with an abundance of funeral flowers.   Because of the nature of the beast, there's a $1,500 admission fee.

Kevorkian's first victim   client was Josh Avio, an tiresome elder in perm platinum.  Josh made five grabs for the cake but the damned cow plant refused to let him eat it; instead it just snuffled Josh's crotch.

Is my cow plant not hungry enough?  Does permanent plat offer some sort of cow plant protection?  What gives here? 
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Re: Dr. Death and the recalcitrant cow plant
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 25, 10:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Cheesy

Huh Sorry I can't help you with that but just wanted to say COOL!!! wiggid idea!!  Grin
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 25, 10:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be darwincowplant.package (from the MATY DC), but I thought that only affected the logic of visiting playables trying to grab the cow plant.

If not, then is Kevorkian's Parlour situated on a residential lot or a community lot?

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 25, 10:15:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Community lot - and I don't have the cowplant package you referenced.  My critters are earned career rewards.

Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 25, 10:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Community lot - and I don't have the cowplant package you referenced.  My critters are earned career rewards.

As I said, darwincowplant modifies the cow plant logic, not the way of getting it.

Anyway, I don't think that playable sims can die on community lots, which is probably why the cow plant can't kill the sim.

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 25, 10:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that playable sims can die on community lots, which is probably why the cow plant can't kill the sim.

Ah, ha!  Well, I guess Dr. Death will have to pack up his cow plant and caskets, close up the community shop, and reopen at home.  Will try that tonight. Thanks, Venusy.

Edit:  Damn, that's not going to work because Sims can't be directed to visit home businesses.  Guess I'll have to conjure up a mobile Dr. Death, maybe moving him in and out of homes.   Back to the drawing board...
« Last Edit: 2007 January 25, 11:31:24 by ZiggyDoodle » Logged
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 25, 11:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be darwincowplant.package (from the MATY DC)

Forgive me for being ignorant, but could you provide a link to that hack? I'm curious about it, and poking around, I haven't been able to find it.

Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 25, 11:48:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It might be darwincowplant.package (from the MATY DC)

Forgive me for being ignorant, but could you provide a link to that hack? I'm curious about it, and poking around, I haven't been able to find it.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/pets/moreawesomethanyou.zip , scroll down to darwincowplant.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 25, 12:26:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always use inge's teleport shrub, or set the customer selector for playable elder sims.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 25, 12:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Venusy! I was hoping there would be a RTFM so I could see exactly how it works, but I guess I can just see in game. That'll make it interesting, at least. Wink

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 25, 12:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also get Dr. Death to be friends with his clientele and invite them over......

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 25, 12:38:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.  Devious    Great minds think alike!   Wink
Venusy
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 25, 12:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Venusy! I was hoping there would be a RTFM so I could see exactly how it works, but I guess I can just see in game. That'll make it interesting, at least. Wink
Here's a brief RTFM.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 25, 13:28:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar thing happen when I was trying to direct a playable sim to be eaten by he cowplant - he kept grabbing for the cake, but the cow plant would ignore him and just sniff at him.  I thought at the time that it was darwincowplant in action, but now I'm not so sure and wonder if it's something else.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 25, 15:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also experienced snuffling cowplants. I had an (ex) townie with way too many children so after they moved out he used to invite them back home. They'd spot the cowplant and go for the cake; he got a lot of elixir of life that way! I found that the cowplant wouldn't eat sims that had recently moved out, it would just snuffle them instead. I wonder whether the cowplant maintains something similar to the sim-sim daily relations that decays over time apart. I used to make sure that they'd been gone a reasonable length of time before inviting them back over, that way they got eaten, not snuffled.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 25, 16:00:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking a bit in the code, it seems that the cowplant has a small percentage of failure, i.e. refuses to eat the sim. This percentage is hightly raised if the victim has an hygiene score too low. In these cases, the cowplant just sniffs them and reacts disgusted: it's funny!  Cheesy

I may suggest a shower room before entering the parlor, like in swimming pools.  Tongue

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 25, 16:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darwincowplant affects whether or not a sim tries to take the Cake of Death, not what happens after they do. The cowplant, however, refuses to eat sims with low hygiene, such as, say, Sim-Brynne.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 26, 12:04:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the explanation on the darwincowplant hack. I'm definitely keeping it in the game. I like having a cow plant around, but I found myself panicking a couple of times when the cowplant ate a relative who came over to visit, that I didn't want dead yet.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 27, 12:59:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like having a cow plant around, but I found myself panicking a couple of times when the cowplant ate a relative who came over to visit, that I didn't want dead yet.

Just build a fence around it.  If you have OFB or Pets, add a lockable gate -- otherwise, keep it gateless until you want a particular sim to visit the cow.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 28, 04:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just build a fence around it.  If you have OFB or Pets, add a lockable gate -- otherwise, keep it gateless until you want a particular sim to visit the cow.

That's what I do.  In the hood I've played the most, one of the "challenges" I've made for myself is for each household to only get one career reward per adult sim.  Each couple has one child who moves in after going to Uni to take over the house when the elders die.  That child marries, has children, rinse repeat.  One of the goals is to eventually get all career rewards, 2 per generation.

Because this is my genetics hood, I don't want any of my sims to die except the way I have planned for that family, so I just put the cowplant in a fenced in area in the back yard, made of half-walls with no door or gate.

I recently started an all-townie hood just so I could make use of some of the other ways sims could die.  (Was getting frustrated, needed to vent somewhere!)  Tosha Go married Orlando Centowski.   She's now an Eco Guru, and the cowplant is in the back yard in a fenced in area with a gate.

Last night, when I was playing this hood, the nanny, who is tracking Orlando's schedule, came over just before he left for work and went back and grabbed the cake and was munched.  Because I haven't had any cowplants that I actually allowed to be fed this way, it was the first time I had seen this happen!

Fortunately, it was Monday, so Tosha will either be pregnant and won't have to work on Wednesday, or I'll have to remember to have her (or him) hire a nanny for that day.

There is now a lock on the gate until I figure out what my next move is.  I assume the plant won't feed again until it's been milked, and I need to do some research on the milking thing.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 28, 09:26:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is now a lock on the gate until I figure out what my next move is.  I assume the plant won't feed again until it's been milked, and I need to do some research on the milking thing.

Or after a certain period expires if no one milks it.  I think it's about 2 or 3 sim days, and then the cow plant goes back to sticking the cake out again.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 28, 17:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens when it is milked?  Does the sim that milks it drink it right away?

And does it work like the elixer, giving them 3 more days?

These sims have only been adults for a few days.  I'd kind of hate to waste a 3 day addition to their life, if they haven't been an adult for 3 days yet!

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 28, 19:49:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there something wrong with my game?  I have quite a few cowplants that haven't been milked for a generation and haven't extended the cake!  I assumed that the plant would not 'feed' until someone milked it.  Undecided  (running phonehack and college adjuster..that's it ).

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 28, 21:46:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sim milks the plant and drinks the elixir of life straight away. They get an extra 5 days of life per milking and a memory of having drunk the sim that was eaten.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 29, 06:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plus, it doesn't matter how long they've been adults -- they'll still get the full 5 days added to their lifespan.  It'll just move their indicator back to '0', and it won't move again until they burn off the days needed for it to start moving.

Is there something wrong with my game?  I have quite a few cowplants that haven't been milked for a generation and haven't extended the cake!  I assumed that the plant would not 'feed' until someone milked it.  Undecided  (running phonehack and college adjuster..that's it ).

Neither of those should affect the cow plant. I do know that it sometimes takes longer for the cow plant to 'reset' on a dorm or SS lot, but I think that has more to do with the funky way time works in Uni. On a home lot, it should reset on its own within a couple of days.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: