More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 00:17:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  random skills from day one
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: random skills from day one  (Read 3626 times)
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

get a head of the competition...

View Profile
random skills from day one
« on: 2007 January 24, 08:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know of a hack that will start off brand new CAS created sims with a set of random skills?

Why oh why didn't I take the red pill?
V
Senator

View Profile
Re: random skills from day one
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 24, 08:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about releasing them "into the wild" as townies and then moving them back into playable status? Would that work?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

lilambrosia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 24, 08:42:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sticking my head out of the sand...and if I'm wrong poke me...but I'm pretty sure
2Jeff's College Adjuster has this option

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 24, 08:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also download the insimentor, spawn skills adjuster and randomize your sim's skills. I do that when I create elder sims because it makes absolutley no sense to me that someone that "old" would have zero skills. Cheesy

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 24, 09:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sticking my head out of the sand...and if I'm wrong poke me...but I'm pretty sure 2Jeff's College Adjuster has this option
You may be right, and I have the college adjuster, but I've yet to send anybody to college yet, so I haven't tested it out.

You can also download the insimentor, spawn skills adjuster and randomize your sim's skills. I do that when I create elder sims because it makes absolutley no sense to me that someone that "old" would have zero skills. Cheesy
I actually did that just last night.  Whenever I make a new old person I chose a job for them, use christianlov's easy computer to hack them all the way to the top of a job (bonuses and all, so's they have cashola for retirement, and a fat pension).  Then I use the InSIMenator to give them the skills they would have needed to earn top level in that job for real, plus a level 5 cooking and level 3 everything else.  This is a lot of tediousness, and I'm looking for a less cheaty way of setting skills.  It seems more natural that a sim would move into the neighborhood with the skills they earned wherever they used to live (just like the fake memories they cart over).  Plus I know that whenever you activate a robot it starts out with some skills and talents in place.  And all townies (who i always wipe out at the start of a new neighborhood anyway) have some skills already.

I guess I never noticed that there was a "randomize skills" feature there.

lilambrosia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 24, 09:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sticking my head out of the sand...and if I'm wrong poke me...but I'm pretty sure 2Jeff's College Adjuster has this option
You may be right, and I have the college adjuster, but I've yet to send anybody to college yet, so I haven't tested it out.

The College Adjuster is available on regular Neighborhood lots also, although some of the options
wouldn't make sense to use there.  I've used it to add single skill points to Sims before so I don't
know why the Randomize features wouldn't work....but I bow to those more awesome than I, if
I'm wrong.

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 24, 10:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used it to add single skill points to Sims before so I don't
know why the Randomize features wouldn't work....but I bow to those more awesome than I, if
I'm wrong.
It does work. I always do it on CAS sims.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 24, 13:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have the option of randomising their skills or randomising their skills (with no more than 5 points per skill).  You can also randomise their personality as well.
slurpeefiend
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 24, 14:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

College adjuster it is... this is exactly what I was looking for.  Thanks twojeffs!  And thanks to everyone who pointed me in the right direction.  Awesomeness all around!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: