More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 03:30:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Paypal Robbery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Paypal Robbery  (Read 19305 times)
pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Paypal Robbery
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 23, 07:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember PayPal is Ebay.  I have a claim at my bank outstanding at this time due to debits from PayPal. 

Here is some advice from my bank:

When one closes an account with Ebay/PayPal only the username/password is terminated all bank information, credit card numbers, checking account numbers are retained by Ebay/Paypal UNLESS you have it in writing from Ebay/PayPal that when your membership is closed all bank information will be deleted.  Any information given to Ebay/PayPal should be changed after closing your membership. 
Bottom Line:  Open a specific bank account especially for use on Ebay/PayPal and close said account when membership with Ebay/PayPal is terminated.

Hope this helps someone in the future. 

Later,

Pcgeekri
« Last Edit: 2007 January 23, 07:14:33 by pcgeekri » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 23, 07:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I'll send you a list of the donators this afternoon so you can work out their titles.

Any money that was left over, by the way, is going towards booty.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 23, 07:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that mean I can still make a donation and be a Baronette?  Or do you want me to go over to PMBD and be fleeced without any kind of reward?

Inteen for AL, yay!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 23, 07:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, don't make any other donations for the server.  That's over now.  People are always free to send me money for booty (rather than donating directly so there's no unnecessary overlap), but at this moment we have enough for the next several months so it's unnecessary.
Baron
Craigsters
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 23, 08:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the allvirgalissuck  account we donated to have problem's as well with paypal? are those funds frozen?

I'm the one that's gonna die when it's time for me to die,
So let me live my life the way I want to - J.Hendrix
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 23, 10:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, those funds are fine.  And all gone too, they went towards the new server.
Chienne
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 23, 10:37:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So where do we make a new payment to?
Same question here

Here, too!

Middle-aged professional woman still plays video games.  Film at 11.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 23, 10:52:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New donations are not needed - the server is covered for the next year.  I don't think that Pescado has a place to put new donations to, considering he doesn't want my help in the future.  Roll Eyes
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 23, 11:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today is the first day I've been able to get to the site since the 14th.  Roll Eyes Paypal is a PITA, but I'm glad we got the new server, regardless, since my ability to connect has been spotty for a month, it just had never gone away for a week straight.

Now it's just a matter of waiting a couple more days for the claim to go through. I'm glad the hordes were cooperative about donating toward the cause, even if Paypal wasn't cooperating.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 25, 11:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry I didn't know about the donations until now.  I don't spend a lot of time at MATY, but depend heavily on its existence.  I tend to open the site and search for whatever issue I am having and then leave with my answer.  I don't know if I could play Sims without the hacks/mods found here!  Since I don't have Pets, I'm kind of out of touch.

I suppose there are others who wouldn't like this idea, but could an email be sent to members when you are looking for donations?  Maybe start a thread and then subscribe everyone?  I would certainly have supported MATY, but didn't know about the need. 

Just a thought, and maybe a lousy one.
lefty
Blathering Buffoon

Objecti- GAH!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 26, 12:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been to many different sites over the years that used paypal for donations, and almost 70% of them had paypal lock down their accounts (with donations still pending) for either no reason or completely bogus ones. As the others did, finding an alternative is your best bet. They never did see a penny of what was withheld from them, which is also why I stopped using paypal a long while ago.

Gosh.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 January 28, 05:05:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know one site/egroup whose account was closed down for "selling adult materials" because they had nude Sim skins on the site.  They actually did get their account "reopened" so they could withdraw funds, but there was only 75c in there at the time!
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 January 29, 20:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry I didn't know about the donations until now.  I don't spend a lot of time at MATY, but depend heavily on its existence.  I tend to open the site and search for whatever issue I am having and then leave with my answer.  I don't know if I could play Sims without the hacks/mods found here!  Since I don't have Pets, I'm kind of out of touch.

I suppose there are others who wouldn't like this idea, but could an email be sent to members when you are looking for donations?  Maybe start a thread and then subscribe everyone?  I would certainly have supported MATY, but didn't know about the need. 

Just a thought, and maybe a lousy one.

At MATY, you're not required to enter a real email address.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: