More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 22:53:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Animal Control Officers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Animal Control Officers?  (Read 3759 times)
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
Animal Control Officers?
« on: 2007 January 27, 07:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After poking around my neighborhood file post-Pets install, I noticed the EP created a few new NPCs which I took to be animal control officers.  Well the other day I had the stinky skunk running around on a home business lot so I had my sim try to dial up "Services" on the phone.  The only option related to animals was pet adoption and obedience trainer.  So is there no way to have a professional come in and trap the skunk?  Am I having a flashback to Sim 1 - Pets when someone would come over at your request and remove the raccoon?
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
Re: Animal Control Officers?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 27, 08:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No skunk-catchers. The animal control officers pick up pets that are not fed, and also pick up drop off adopted pets, pets you put up for adoption.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 27, 08:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use TwoJeff's visitor controller so I don't get skunks on my lots.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
elle.jae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 27, 11:44:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No skunk-catchers. The animal control officers pick up pets that are not fed, and also pick up drop off adopted pets, pets you put up for adoption.
And then they call every day to chat. Or at least that's what they do in my game. Animal control officers must be very lonely people.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 27, 12:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sims must be more interesting than mine. The one time my sim tried to chat with the animal control officer the officer got stuck in the "I'm driving in my car" position over the grass near the house. My sims could not interact with him and he couldn't leave the lot.

I had to exit without saving.  The next time I had someone call the animal control guy I had my sim stay far away.

Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 27, 13:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can have your sims shoo the skunk off the lot. The skunk leaves, and nobody gets sprayed. Shooing or chasing also works for wolves. I've had to do this a number of times.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 27, 20:31:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew you could do this with wolves, but at the time the skunk was running around I didn't want to chance it with my sim getting sprayed.  If shooing doesn't trigger spraying, then that's fine.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: