More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:51:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Why does this happen?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Why does this happen?  (Read 3282 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Why does this happen?
« on: 2007 January 09, 10:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually start off my single graduates in Downtown, then when they marry and have kids, move them to my main neighbourhood. I have noticed that their wants and fears seem screwed up when they move into their new lot, ie Fortune sims tend to want to gain skills and make friends to advance in their career, or buy stuff, right? Well I moved 2 fortune sims and all they want to do is chat online, meet new sims, or interact romantically with each other. They both need skills to get promotion, and that usually shows up in their wants panel (gain charisma point, etc) I want to know if this happens to anyone else's sims when they are moved between sub-hoods, and if this happens if you just move them out of one lot into another in the same sub-hood/hood. I am getting sick of this particular boring family...

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Why does this happen?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 09, 11:03:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my experience the same happens when moving between subneighbourhoods (not /within/ a subhood): the wants controller gets confused. The situation will autoremedy itself after a litle time (usually one or two Sim days), or it can be forced by cheat-changing the aspiration to something else and then back (shift - aspiration menu in debug mode), or by force-rerolling wants (ctrl-click the asp icon) and then deleting the wants controller when it throws an error
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 09, 11:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Jordi, I will try those ideas Grin

I originally tried to change the wants by using the renu-orb-thingy, but it didn't work. Sigh.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 09, 11:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moving sims around in general tends to plant the new "moved in" want tree. As is typical of people that have just moved into someplace new, they tend to want to get acquainted with their new surroundings. Hence the shift in wants. This is therefore not a bug, but actually a feature.

And don't think I didn't notice your avatar change and attempt to abuse the fact that you already have a title to get out of being labelled "Sucky Avatar Person", EMMA.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 09, 14:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it is a crap feature Cheesy

And don't think I didn't notice your avatar change and attempt to abuse the fact that you already have a title to get out of being labelled "Sucky Avatar Person", EMMA.

* Emma moons Pescado

You can change me to "Sucky Avatar Person" if you like...... Grin

[edit] I forgot why I came back in this thread! Jordi, I tried re-rolling the wants but that just left blank spaces apart from 'ask another sim on a date' and 'purchase a community lot' I think I did it wrong Cheesy I didn't see a 'wants controller' to delete when it threw an error. Is it one of those box thingys? If so, I didn't see one. I changed the aspiration to family then back, and it worked Wink I don't know if it changed the LTW though, I forgot to check. Doh.
« Last Edit: 2007 January 09, 14:45:12 by Emma » Logged

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 09, 15:10:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blank spaces means it is working: the WC is running out of (the invalid) wants. Keep rerolling them, and eventually you get an error message for it. Sometimes you have to reroll a dozen or more times.
The asp change nearly always works for me on the first try.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 09, 16:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh! So I was doing it right then Cheesy Thanks again. I'd rather re-roll wants than change asp. back and forth.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: