More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 03:42:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awesome Than U.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awesome Than U.  (Read 26667 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
More Awesome Than U.
« on: 2007 January 02, 16:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a new challenge for the new year! Think you have too much time in University? Try this challenge and you'll find that every second counts!

Start with a CAS Young Adult. Customize Aspiration, personality, appearance, turn-ons, turn-offs, interests as you like. You may move in to any housing you like. Your Campus may also be customized as to dorms, housing, and Community lots.

Restrictions:
1. You may not ever move anyone in. (You may move a placeholder Sim in to keep your pictures, but it must be done immediately before your Sim is due to leave campus for good).
2. At no time may your Sim leave the University neighborhood. No going Downtown or visiting the base 'hood. Ever.
3. No hacks or cheats that alter relationships, money, grades, etc. Auto yak-yak, socializing macros, etc, are okay. You know which ones would be cheating! You may ask for clarification if unsure.
4. The Renu-U-Senso Orb may ONLY be used to make your Sim Grilled Cheese. All other Aspiration rewards may be freely used.
5. Aspiration may only be changed when you get the option in Junior Year. Turn-ons and turn-offs are fixed once you choose them in CAS.
6. Your Sim may attend class and Finals freely. See penalty section for info on assignments, term papers, and research.
7. You may use a no/reduced visiting Campus hack in order to preserve your sanity.

The Core Challenge

No points are awarded for this phase. If you do not complete these objectives, YOU LOSE! These objectives must be completed PRIOR TO GRADUATION. The 72 bonus hours you get after your Sim graduates cannot be used to complete the core challenge objectives.

Objectives:
1. Graduate with a 4.0
2. Max 7 skills
3. Be "Big on Campus"
4. Have a Level 6 Greek House (which must be founded before the completion of Junior Year)
5. Join the Secret Society
6. Fall in Love
7. Have 5 First Dates
8. Have 5 Dream Dates
9. Have 5 Roof-raiser parties
10. Have 10 Best Friends which must include:
      2 Professors
      3 Secret Society Members
      1 Cheerleader
      1 Llama Mascot
      1 Cow Mascot
      1 Dorm Cook
      1 Coach

Bonus Category

These objectives may be completed at any time prior to leaving University for good. Choose any (or all!) that you wish to try for. Points are cumulative.

+1 Woohoo 10 Professors
+1 Woohoo 10 NPC's, not including Professors, Cheerleaders, or Mascots
  Bonus if your NPC Woohoos include any of the following:
   +1 Streaker
   +1 DJ
   + 2 Nanny
   + 3 Burglar
   +3 Restaurant Chef
+1 Woohoo 10 Cheerleaders, Llamas, or Cows
+1 Woohoo 10 Secret Society Members
+1 Public Woohoo with 10 Different Sims (Must be on a Community lot)
+1 Earn $20K
+1 Have 5 different types of NPC ghosts on your lot (must be free-roaming)
+2 Complete the challenge without using any influence points
+1 Sell a Great Novel
+1 Sell 5 Masterpieces
+1 Have 20 Roof Raiser parties
+1 Have 20 Best Friends (+2 for 30) (2 points max)
+1 Have 20 Simultaneous Loves (+2 for 30) (2 points max)
+1 Woohoo 20 Sims (+2 for 30) (2 points max)
+1 Have 20 First Dates
+1 Have 20 Dream Dates
+1 Eat 50 Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
+1 Achieve your Sim's LTW (no using the debugger to re-roll it!)

Penalties:
-1 for each assignment done by your Sim
-2 for each group research session
-3 for each term paper done by your Sim
-1 for each lost best friend or love
-1 for each bad party or date memory
-1 for each time your Sim is caught cheating

Have fun!
« Last Edit: 2007 January 02, 17:52:43 by reggikko » Logged
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: More Awesome Than U.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 02, 21:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

holy shit!...  trying to accomplish everything at once? Grin

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 02, 22:25:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks doable enough. Classes + finals are enough to get you nearly to an A right there, and only group researches are penalized...but since you can't move anyone in, group research is basically nigh-impossible. Solo research is not penalized. NYAH!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 02, 22:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Woohoo 10 Cheerleaders, Llamas, or Cows"

Impossible with noredundancy in place in a clean 'hood.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 02, 22:47:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks doable enough. Classes + finals are enough to get you nearly to an A right there, and only group researches are penalized...but since you can't move anyone in, group research is basically nigh-impossible. Solo research is not penalized. NYAH!

Ah, a loophole! I never have my Sims do research so I forgot you can do it solo. Anyway, the core challenge is very doable. Any player should be able to accomplish those objectives with little difficulty. The challenge is in getting the bonus points. I finished with 21 points. I missed the $20K by $1400, but wasn't really trying for it until the end. One more Sim hour and I would have had it!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 02, 22:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Woohoo 10 Cheerleaders, Llamas, or Cows"

Impossible with noredundancy in place in a clean 'hood.

Does noredundancy stop the game from regenerating those NPC's if they are somehow taken out of play? Even without it, you only get 2 of each, so you'd have to get creative for that point.  Wink
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 02, 23:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No redundancy prevents the game from generating up to three NPCs (or more) of any given type unless necessary, so it should stop them at 1 cheerleader, 1 llama, 1 cow — unless for whatever reason two are needed at the same time. I have two cows, because one of them got stuck in a dormie room for several days before I noticed it, and in the mean time a new one had come to annoy my Sims.

The most common NPC type in my game is the cashier, because I had one comm lot with six cash registers on it. Most NPCs only have one or two per type. All my houses share the same maid, gardener, and mailman for example.

I think without the hack (and in default 'hoods) the game will try to make three of any kind, so you'd end up with 3 pom-pom bimbos, 3 llamas, and 3 cows — still not possible to fulfil the bonus point.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 03, 00:10:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With bonus points for NPC ghosts, there's plenty of incentive to kill each one right after woohoo.  Hell, there's plenty of incentive to do that anyway.   Tongue

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 January 03, 17:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What gives you an A faster? Research or woohoo the professor?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 January 03, 17:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both. Professors tend to need to be "baked" for LTR, so while you're waiting for them to ripen, you can research.

I wonder if ACR is legal for this.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 January 03, 19:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Make Me.../Smart cheating? I just can't see making a CAS moron max all their skills in less than a lifetime otherwise.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 January 03, 19:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Make Me.../Smart cheating? I just can't see making a CAS moron max all their skills in less than a lifetime otherwise.
Make me Smart is a cheat intended for fixing smart milk smartness that gets lost during patches. Making a CAS moron smart would be a cheat, but it's only a 50% improvement over standard TC-based learning. Expect this to take approximately 3 semesters to pull off, but there's a host of other little tricks and manipulations one can perform to shave time.

staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 January 03, 20:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can I use the "Macro.../ Kick Stuff" with the Kick the Cheat, to raise Fun meter after skilling? My sims don't seem to like studying when skilling.

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 January 03, 20:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Kick The Cheat is supported in Macrotastics. Kick The Cheat provides the same source of fun that gnomes and flamingos do, and macros are already OK'ed.

staroverthebay
Nitwitted Nuisance

¯\(º_o)/¯ lol wut?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 January 03, 20:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Kick The Cheat is supported in Macrotastics. Kick The Cheat provides the same source of fun that gnomes and flamingos do, and macros are already OK'ed.

Well, I *KNOW* that, Pes. I meant, is it against the rules of the challenge or can I do that Macro for a quick and dirty Fun fulfillment so my sim can get back to skilling. Cuz, um, it does feel kinda cheaty Wink but I love the sounds the Cheat makes when it gets kicked!

¯\(º_o)/¯ I dunno lol
YOUNG AND STUPID.
Introverted, Sensing, Thinking and Perceiving. Conclusion: I IS TOILET PAPER!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 January 03, 21:16:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kicking things is a standard Maxian behavior, so it is not a cheat. Kicking The Cheat is fun for both you AND sims!

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 January 03, 21:26:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How many times are you allowed to change your major (in order to meet more professors)?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 January 03, 21:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, as often as you want, seeing as it's not stipulated there's any limit and that's the ONLY way to reliably meet professors. This challenge definitely calls for being a werewolf, though. That "nonsleeping" thing will greatly minimize downtime.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 January 03, 22:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You would then have to remove TJ's hack that prevents meeting professors. 
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 January 04, 04:33:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro-kick is allowed and encouraged. All that does is save you from having to queue up "kick" a bunch of times. And, yes, not sleeping is a definite plus. My Sim did not sleep once during the entire time she was in Uni. As Pescado said, Make Me Smart is intended to fix lost Smart Milk effects that were legitimately obtained, so using it on a CAS YA would be taboo. You may switch majors as often as you like. You pretty much have to switch every semester in order to fulfill Woohoo 10 professors. 

As for ACR...I don't use it so I'm not sure on that one. Does it alter the relationship requirements for woohoo in any way? Personally, I think I'd want more control in this challenge, but if it doesn't change the relationship standards or alter jealousy, go for it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 January 04, 04:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR doesn't affect jealousy that I know of, and it's autonomous, so you don't actually control it. Tongue

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 January 04, 04:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It lowers relationship requirements for woohoo and other romantic interactions, which was the basis of the  oriiginal Casual Romance mod.  You could actually get 10 woohoos without having to be in love with them.  ACR takes this to a new level by making it autonomous based on tokens and other variables.  But it does make woohooing easier, so I would think it would not fit in with this challenge.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 January 04, 06:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There used to be options on the controller to use TwoJeffs' jealousy, or Maxian jealousy or none. I'm happy with ACR jealousy, so haven't looked for the option lately.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 January 04, 08:19:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No bonus for starting outside a dorm?

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 January 04, 11:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're starting with a CAS Sim, they have no money and have to move into a dorm.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: