More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 09:04:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hurricane Rita -- KEEP TABS!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hurricane Rita -- KEEP TABS!  (Read 6091 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Hurricane Rita -- KEEP TABS!
« on: 2005 September 22, 03:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey guys,
As requested, I have modified the title of this thread.  Please post here afterwards if you're from Houston/Galveston/Louisiana, so we know you're okay.
I have to go store my computer now.  Be safe!
Love,
Sara Jo
« Last Edit: 2005 September 23, 16:47:21 by SJActress » Logged

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Hurricane Rita
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 22, 11:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know that Greg/SimsHost, just relocated to a new job in Houston, but for now his home is still North of Dallas.  I pray that he makes it safely home to his family and that he is well on the road.  If he gets here, I know he will check in as soon as he can.

Rita is due to hit us here in North Texas by tomorrow and I am afraid Greg may be chased by the storm all the way home.

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Re: Hurricane Rita
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 22, 13:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am in the southwest part of louisiana and we are gearing to evacuate with the most recent turn of rita. Better waste a tank of gas than not live to be sorry about it.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Judecat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Hurricane Rita -- KEEP TABS!
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 24, 03:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

just wanted to bump this back to the first page so it doesn't get lost.

And to say that I am praying for everyone in the area of the Storm
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 24, 15:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not much to report here, a little wind, a few sprinkles etc. No big deal really. I have the windows open today and turned off the AC so I am getting a fairly nice cross breeze. My only reqret is that I wasted all my duct tape!

I have heard talk however of delaying school until Thursday, I assume to wait for everyone to come back and also to conserve gas by the district.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 24, 20:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm good too!  We lost power for about 16 hours, and one of our ugly trees in the yard keeled over, but that's all that happened to me.
My mom and I just started drinkin' beer when the power went out.  We got wasted and talked about dreams for a couple hours, then passed out.

I hope everyone in the Beaumont area is okay, though.
Love,
SJ Grin

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 25, 07:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries.  I'm safe at my house in Wylie (northeast of Dallas), just waiting for the Johnson Space Center to reopen so I can get back to work.

I was lucky.  When I got to work on Wednesday morning my boss told me to secure my machine, fill out my time card for the rest of the week, and get the heck out of town.  I did exactly that, and called all my troops and told them the same thing.  I had already packed the car and secured the house so I was out of town before the big traffic jams happened.  Traffic was heavy but not much slower than I-45 usually runs on a busy day.

I have no idea how my house down in El Lago (just east of the Johnson Space Center) fared in the storm.  It's surrounded by huge tallow trees, and tallow trees tend to break, so I wouldn't be surprised to find that it got smooshed.  But if so, all I stand to lose is a pile of dirty socks that I didn't bother to wash and an easily replaceable bed.  All the good stuff is still up here in my house in Wylie, waiting for the moving van to pick it up next month.

We nattered about the hurricanes quite a bit starting with this message in the "Real Life Adventures" thread at the Hullabaloo.  I posted that note the night before I left town and just kept on blathering about it once I got up to Wylie.

(As with most BBS conversations, that thread also ventures into other amusing areas, including puzzling over global warming, ice ages, and the virtues of minivans.  Earlier in the thread you can read scintillating conversation about my day job and Philly cheese steaks.)

Greg
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 25, 07:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Addendum: You might get a kick out of my silly joke about this stuff:

The Storm Sisters: Katrina and Rita

Katrina and Rita are the sluttiest Romance sims in Bonnyview Shores. They're not nice at all and the concept of neatness is nowhere on their radar, but they are very active and outgoing, likely to drop in unannounced and unwanted and make a total mess of everything.

(The image is linked to their thread over at the Hullabaloo.)

Greg

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: