More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:57:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Unable to send pet grave to cemetery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unable to send pet grave to cemetery  (Read 5133 times)
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
Unable to send pet grave to cemetery
« on: 2006 December 29, 20:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having problems sending a pet gravestone to a cemetery. When I choose 'move grave' the grave disappears and a ghost of the pet Max appears (all as normal) but then the grave reappears and nothing else happens. I have 23 graves on the cemetery that I am trying to send the pet grave to - is it possible it is considered full? The cemetery was designed by me a couple of days ago and is in the same hood as the house I am trying to send the grave from. I don't have any hacks other than MATY ones and to the best of my knowledge these are up to date. I've attached the error log that was produced.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 30, 04:07:20 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Unable to send pet grave to cemetery
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 29, 23:08:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You probably have a hack with an obsolete "Interaction - Remove Gravestone - Ghost" in its override of the UrnStoneGlobals. No idea what does that, though.

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 29, 23:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

25 is definately not too many for a cemetary. Me? I usually stop at 100 graves, and make another.

Want to do something fun? Get a 100 graves in a cemetary and put a knowledge sim in there for the night. If he/she lives; they'll be happy campers.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
FrickinIdjit
Corpulent Cretin

ENTJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 30, 01:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to send any graves to the cemetery since installing Pets.  The ghost waves good-bye, I exit the lot, enter the graveyard, and... nothing's there.  Interesting note: the first time I tried it after Pets, I saved and continued to play the lot.  The family member visited the cemetery and the graves were at the phone.  After sending him home and returning, they were gone.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 30, 02:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't been able to send any graves to the cemetery since installing Pets.  The ghost waves good-bye, I exit the lot, enter the graveyard, and... nothing's there.  Interesting note: the first time I tried it after Pets, I saved and continued to play the lot.  The family member visited the cemetery and the graves were at the phone.  After sending him home and returning, they were gone.

Hmm, that sounds like an old bug that was fixed in the latest OFB patch.  Of course, the Pets code is based on pre-patch OFB code, so some of the old bugs are back.  Come to think of it, I think I had a grave disappear on me too, but I never sent the sims to the cemetery to see if it was there.  I'll have to try that.

A temporary work-around until Maxis fixes it (again!) is to have a rich sim buy the cemetery.  When the owner goes there, he/she can permanently move the grave, and it'll appear when family members go there on their own.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 30, 07:56:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad that it isn't only me that was having problems with graves. I removed tombstonemovefix.package and was able to send the grave to the cemetery.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 30, 20:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I still have tombstonemovefix in my game -- I guess I should take it out...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 31, 06:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having the tombstone problem again since Pets. Luckily it didn't disappear for good when I sent a sim to the cemetery to retrieve the tombstone. For now I've designated a former townie as the owner of all the cemetery lots (one per hood and each sub-hood). It's really interesting how it's working for me now. I first sent the family member of the deceased sim or pet to place the tombstone at the cemetery lot then I sent the sim back home and saved the game. Next I had the owner go to the cemetery to place the tombstones again because I assumed they would now be by the payphone. When I sent the owner to the cemetery the tombstones were exactly where I had the family member place them.  Shocked
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 31, 07:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't see any reason why you'd be getting strange "empty string" animations since there's nothing in that code which animates. Can you produce the error again? Something may be interfering with the animation strings elsewhere.

UPDATE: Cannot reproduce issue: Make sure you are using the ZOMGPETZ!!!111oneoneone version of the fix.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 31, 07:22:42 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: