More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 07:04:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two Sisters and an Expected Baby
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two Sisters and an Expected Baby  (Read 5322 times)
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Two Sisters and an Expected Baby
« on: 2006 December 23, 03:53:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's a suitably dumbass problem suitable for a first post, and worthy of much laughing and pointing.

I've got two female Sims living together in a house. One of them is pregnant, courtesy of the tombstone of L&D. I was playing the household last night, glanced at their family tree and remembered belatedly that they are CAS sisters. I have an uneasy feeling that the DNA donor of Macy's baby may very well be her sister Diana. (I zapped Macy months ago, and honestly can't remember who I zapped her with.)

Is this going to be a problem of the big fiery ball variety when the baby is born? It's not too late to introduce the expectant mother to the electric reindeer. (I am rather fond of her though. She has bad custom-made hair that I made myself back when I couldn't find good purple custom hair.)

I'm also curious as to whether I can change the "father" of the baby before the baby is born. I had a look around Macy's file with Simpe, but didn't see anything that looked promising.

Thanks for any help or even interesting Sims pregnancy facts. I've reading and downloading from MATY for quite some time now. I've only just recently started using hacks at all, but I've always been fascinated by what makes the game tick.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Two Sisters and an Expected Baby
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 23, 04:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had sims fathered by the grim reaper, social bunny, servos, munchie bots...  all courtesy of the tombstone of L&D and haven't noticed any major problems.

If you're really worried, back up before you allow the sim to give birth, and you can always revert to the back up and then kill her off if there are major issues.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 23, 12:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use the pregnancy scanner from ACR to check.  Not sure if you'd want to add a hack that big just for the pregnancy scanner tho.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 23, 12:17:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also think you can use the insiminator to abort the pregnancy, but again; bloatware for small fix.
Nothing truly bad is likely to happen.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 23, 12:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just delete the pregnancy token in SimPE. That should resolve any unpleasantness. The game doesn't tend to like it when siblings are the parents on the family tree, the graphics get messed up. And it's ICKY!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
numaari
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 23, 16:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about self-pregnancies via Tombstone?  Do they muck up stuff as well?  Or is it worse if it's a sib?
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 23, 19:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was thinking of trying ACR out. If it has a pregnancy scanner, that will be an added push.

I've had this neighborhood since day one of the base game, and a lot of the Sims (Macy and Diana included) were recreated from my Sims 1 game. It's got a lot of bloat from bad practices I  used when I didn't know any better (before I stumbled on MATY), but it seems to be running (so far) without any buginess at all. I'll probably play it safe and delete the pregnancy in Simpe. My concern with that was that the Sim is mid-stage. (I didn't want one of those Is She or Isn't She type pregnancy problems where the pregnant looking mother never produces.)

Best to do a backup before anything else, however.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 23, 23:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about self-pregnancies via Tombstone?  Do they muck up stuff as well?  Or is it worse if it's a sib?
Self pollinations are fine, the game will display only one parent. Siblings get messed up because it will try to display both sims, and the family tree graphics get mangled.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 24, 00:14:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you can get a hold of Shaklin's medicine cabinet that will tell you who the other parent is.
Moa
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 26, 10:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Pescado, for the tip about the pregnancy token.

I loaded Macy's file in Simpe and after much hunting around, finally located the pregnancy token under Memories. (Would have never thought to look there for it without checking the Simpe forum first.) I noticed that there was a NID listed under the pregnancy token for the Father Sim, which seemed to match up to a number in the Instance column of the Sim Browser of one Hercule Vivant, pleasure sim. I decided to let Macy have her baby (she was only a day away), and sure enough Hercule was listed as the father in Mia Merchant's family tree. (He's a friend of Macy's, but not a best friend. I'd totally forgotten she even knew him.)

So all's well and all that. Macy has her baby, who will grow up with ugly purple hair just like mama. And I know how to find out info on my expecting Sims without resorting to hacks that I might not want. (The Shaklin medicine cabinet did seem like it would give me exactly the information I needed, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available right now.) I wonder if I were to edit the NID number for the Sim Father on the pregnancy token, if that would change the paternity of the expected baby. Not going to try it (not in this neighborhood anyway), but I'm curious now.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 26, 18:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd just wait for the baby to get born and change the family relationships with SimPE.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 28, 17:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the InSIMenator has a "change father's NID" option.
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 28, 19:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do decide to try out TwoJeff's ACR, and I would recommend it (be sure that you read all of the included documentation), the incuded pregnancy scanner will tell you who the father is also, along with how many babies are expected, and the number of hours since conception. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: