More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 20:38:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Where is the stupid EA objects collection?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Where is the stupid EA objects collection?  (Read 9172 times)
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Where is the stupid EA objects collection?
« on: 2005 September 21, 15:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked in buy and build collections, on lived in lots, empty lots, community lots, and with boolProp on. I see no EA folder, much less one with an object that lets us do many interesting things.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Where is the stupid EA objects collection?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 21, 18:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA objects collection? I'm not quite sure if I ever remember having a collection like that. It may be that I just didn't notice it, though. Did you maybe download this collection from someplace? What's the "object that lets us do many interesting things?"

Be your own fish.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 21, 19:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have it. Thus the title of the topic. Just heard people talking about it, that EA released a tool in it.
Here's one thread mentioning it:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=666.0
Seems I saw other mentions of it too, that there was something else in there that could do more than just regenerate townies.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 21, 19:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you talking about the sim modder? It looks like a baby standing Wink. You do boolprop testingcheatsenabled true then hold shift and click on a sim and then choose spawn, more, then sim modder. It lets you set a sim's age, aspiration, motives, make motives static (good for vampires so they can run around in the day), etc.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 21, 19:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no according to the other thread its in an EA (logo's) collection folder, I guess its a tree or something from the description in the other thread.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 21, 19:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, well there's a tool that looks like a dead tree that you can also get by shift clicking a on a sim and going into the spawn menu with the boolprop cheat on. I forget what it's called but I know it's there because I've gotten it that way. I can't recall what it does, I was more interested in the baby one heh.

nothingbutsims
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 21, 20:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just spawned the dead tree and it's called something like the Townie & NPC Maker and there are quite a few different options, including killing townies!
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 21, 21:03:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, tyk. I wonder why I kept hearing it was in a collections folder. I heard that on three sites.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
nothingbutsims
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 22, 00:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hasta luego Ivy Copur!  I got to messing with this NPC & Townie Maker and after a bit of time successfully killed off all of my townies (except the kids - for some reason, they wouldn't die), and generated all new faces.  It was kind of painful to watch cause once you clicked the "Kill All Townies" button, they started appearing one by one and would die by starvation Embarrassed.  The Grim Reaper was working overtime.  You have to put them in some kind of enclosure when you do this or else they will walk off the lot.  It was a long process - I'd say at least 1 full sim day if not more.  It created 30 new regular townies, plus I created 25 new "downtownies".  I sent a Sim downtown and the only person on the lot I recognized was Mortimor Goth.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 22, 01:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hasta luego Ivy Copur!  I got to messing with this NPC & Townie Maker and after a bit of time successfully killed off all of my townies (except the kids - for some reason, they wouldn't die), and generated all new faces.  It was kind of painful to watch cause once you clicked the "Kill All Townies" button, they started appearing one by one and would die by starvation Embarrassed.  The Grim Reaper was working overtime.  You have to put them in some kind of enclosure when you do this or else they will walk off the lot.  It was a long process - I'd say at least 1 full sim day if not more.  It created 30 new regular townies, plus I created 25 new "downtownies".  I sent a Sim downtown and the only person on the lot I recognized was Mortimor Goth.

That's quite scary - a massacre to say the least.  Shocked
nothingbutsims
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 22, 01:10:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it did seem that way to me.  I would have thought it would have just deleted them behind the scenes, but when it said "Kill All Townies" - well, that's what it meant.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 22, 08:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked in buy and build collections, on lived in lots, empty lots, community lots, and with boolProp on. I see no EA folder, much less one with an object that lets us do many interesting things.

That collection is part of my old NPC & Townie maker hack. The collection will give you the Maxis object if you don't bother to install my Downloads folder hack files.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 22, 09:47:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey dizzy2, that'd make a nice new hack, a downtownie maker.  Cool

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 22, 19:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it delete the character files and memories associated with the townies it removed?
nothingbutsims
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 22, 20:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did it delete the character files and memories associated with the townies it removed?

The character files, I'm not sure of.  You probably need SimPE to check that, which I don't have.  The memories, I don't think so because I've had one of my sims who was a friend of a townie roll a want to have that townie resurrected. Undecided
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 22, 20:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't sound like something I want to mess with just yet, I'm a coward and will let you guys be the guinea pigs  Wink
nothingbutsims
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 22, 22:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't bother too much with things like that (character files and memories).  I didn't buy the game to get technical with it.  That would take the fun out of it for me.  If I have to reinstall it, it wouldn't be the first time.  Cheesy
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 23, 00:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a neighborhood I've deleted all characters from, and when I heard about this I thought this would be great to add townies with...I like having townies, but I'm tired of all the same people Tongue But when I got the tree, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I assume Create all..townies (or whatever) is the right thing? Does it automatically generate a town full of people then, or do I have to make my own Sims to become townies?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 23, 04:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a completely custom n'hood, then used deleteAllCharacters command.

When the n'hood or uni was completely sim free, I created new sims myself in bodyshop or the create a family part of the sims game. I could only create young adults in the uni n'hood.

Then I put them on an empty lot in batches of 6-8 and used Inge's teleporter plus shrub to 'make me a townie'. Then used the command to clear off all non-residents which is also part of the teleporter shrub. Save the game & exit to n'hood.

Didn't seem to matter that I made them all townies while I was in the main n'hood, both uni & the main one share townies.

Don't know how this will work with Nightlife.

I do know I really dislike Maxis townies, if they're not irritating they're ugly - or both!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 23, 14:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do know I really dislike Maxis townies, if they're not irritating they're ugly - or both!

I made a custom neighborhood, deleted all sims, then used the townie generator. I can't stand how ugly they are though so I've been giving them all plastic surgery and makeovers as I come across them. I've actually gotten to the point where most are tolerable to look at. They're not all beautiful mind you, but their features actually resumble something that could be human facial proportions instead of freakish mutations.

Of course, the plastic surgery is only skin deep and doesn't change their DNA so anyone who mates with one of them will be in for a surprise.  Grin

nothingbutsims
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 23, 14:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a neighborhood I've deleted all characters from, and when I heard about this I thought this would be great to add townies with...I like having townies, but I'm tired of all the same people Tongue But when I got the tree, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I assume Create all..townies (or whatever) is the right thing? Does it automatically generate a town full of people then, or do I have to make my own Sims to become townies?

After I got rid of all my townies, I just clicked Create All Townies and it started creating townies, 30 of them (took about 30-45 seconds).  In the upper right corner of the screen, you can see the names and faces of each new townie as they are created.  Then, when that was done, I clicked Create All Downtownies and it made 25.  So all-in-all, I got 55 new townies.  I'm playing a college right now, and all of the townie students are new.
ari_
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 23, 17:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course, the plastic surgery is only skin deep and doesn't change their DNA so anyone who mates with one of them will be in for a surprise.  Grin

I've been making over the new Downtownies as I come across them (I've edited all the regular townies and dormies sometime this summer). What I did was go into SimPE and set their new features as their genetic ones - that way, I can safely breed them. A lot of the Pleasantview/Custom neighborhood Townies - especially the females - clean up very nicely. Especially since I also use replacement default eyes and skintones.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: