More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 02:49:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Killing Sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Killing Sims  (Read 7278 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Killing Sims
« on: 2006 December 21, 20:44:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never been a bloodthirsty sim player. I've only purposefully killed one sim before. The rest have been accidents or old age. The problem is, my main neighborhood has gotten too big. I currently have over 80 playable sims and the population just keeps getting bigger. I've decided a plague is going to be visited upon them to weed out the numbers and get rid of some of the families I don't enjoy playing that much.

The question I've got, though, is what is the easiest, most painless way to kill sims? I can't stand sitting through watching them drown, or starving them, or so on and so forth. Is their a boolprop command that's not going to mess up my game? I heard mention once of a hack that will quickly emulate the death desired for any sim, but I've not found it in my travels.

Advice, please?

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Killing Sims
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 21, 20:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cow plant is quite quick and painless, although it does present some careful planning so the wrong Sim doesn't grab a piece of  cake.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 21, 21:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This conversation sounds familiar. Didn't we do this before?

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 21, 22:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thats all? my main hood has over 514 sims in in it,154 are playable Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 21, 22:27:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you are Bangelnuts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 21, 23:09:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you're talking about the Tombstone of Life and Death? That's something you can use if you have "testing cheats enabled" on. I think you can bring on about any kind of death instantly. You could probably wipe out a household in about five minutes.

Also, Orikes, everytime I see your avatar I worry about what that sim child is doing to that cat. It looks like it may involve K-Y and a piece of ginger root.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 21, 23:22:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually just turn the spare sims into townies.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 21, 23:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This conversation sounds familiar. Didn't we do this before?

Yup.  I think I asked some time ago, after starving two of my Uni students on top of one of the dorm buildings.  Tried the cow plant next and freaked when I saw my most favorite Sim, who had just given birth to twins, grab the cake.    A quick exit saved her. 

Now I'm temporarily controlling things by moving my uninteresting YAs into dorms and just leaving them there.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 22, 00:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4932.0
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 22, 02:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Short answer - boolprop testingcheatsenabled true,  Spawn... Rodneys death creator. I like death by flies myself.  Cheesy
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 22, 02:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you don't need tombstone of unwanted sim-easiest way : move out or Found own place and then move sim to Trash!
No hacks or boolProp needed...
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 22, 02:53:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, Orikes, everytime I see your avatar I worry about what that sim child is doing to that cat. It looks like it may involve K-Y and a piece of ginger root.

The cat's expression makes me laugh. Funnily enough, it's the toddler interaction with pets, 'Snuggle'. The poor animal acts like they're being mauled to death while the kid slobbers all over them. And somehow this increases their relationship. When my friends' toddler tried to do this to my cat, he got traumatized and goes to hide whenever small people come to the house now.

Anyway, thanks for the responses folks. I think it is the boolprop death creator thingy that I was looking for. That'll help ease the pain of trying to do it the slow way.

I know 80+ isn't that many as far as some people are concerned, but I was just feeling spread way too thin in regards to playing the various households. I'd play one for a few sim days and then realize how out of tuoch I felt with some of the other houses. Besides, if I don't want to play a house, why should I? But I dont' particularly want it to linger.

I've thought about turning them into townies, but that could get weird a couple of generations down the line.

ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 22, 02:59:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you don't need tombstone of unwanted sim-easiest way : move out or Found own place and then move sim to Trash!

If you read the Sim Murder thread (thank you, dusty, that's the one I meant!), you'll see that Trashing sims is a Very Bad Thing (tm).

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 22, 03:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, ElfPuddle! I was just about to go all "OOOH SHINY" on that. I will go and do my homework.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
ElfPuddle
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 22, 03:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*nods in approval*
Homework is good for you. Grin

ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 22, 04:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

since I don't have the cellphone bug killing me as soon as I get my hood going good; I've not got about 50 sims and rising rapidly (DOOG DOG! SKNAHT MJ). I can see when I hit about 400, using the decimate neighborhood, just to giggle madly as some of them insta die.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 22, 04:17:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BAD idea. That creates dangling files that exist in indeterminate states of life and death. Don't do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 22, 06:26:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I learned my lesson with the first version of my hood. In my infinite wisdom, I both deleted some townies I didn't want (through SimPE, but without dealing with any dangling SWAFs) and added a house to my neighborhood with an existing family in them. Before very long, my sims all lost their faces. It was scary.

miss bree
Banned!

Let your heart lead you, not your mind

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 25, 22:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Press "ctrl+Shift+C" then write "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true". Click on the si you wanna kill while holding "Shift" and click on the option "kill - die by flies" . By using this code there are also many other ways to kill a sim, such as satelite, drown ...
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: