More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:27:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Weivtnasaelp: a reversed Pleasantview
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weivtnasaelp: a reversed Pleasantview  (Read 86835 times)
Lixa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Weivtnasaelp: a reversed Pleasantview
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 02, 13:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the idea! I just really dont know ...

... if I download the reversed one do i have to download the original one again? Because I want both.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 03, 01:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... if I download the reversed one do i have to download the original one again? Because I want both.

Go ahead, no problem: it's a completely indipendent neighborhood; when you unzip it, you'll see a folder named "N020", so unless you created 20 neighborhoods already, there's no way to overwrite.  Wink

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lixa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 05, 21:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

XD Thanks, I'm downloading it - however it may take up some space :S Lol! If it takes up too much I'll just have to try and delete it. Smiley

Thanks for creating it for us all! Cheesy

Edit: ... what do you do once you've downloaded?
« Last Edit: 2007 January 05, 21:10:44 by Lixa » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 06, 02:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You download it. Unzip it. Remove the funny extra files (or, at least, that's what I did for windows) and place the N020 folder into your Neighbourhoods folder. The next time you play the game you should see an extra Neighbourhood option.

PS Has anybody else noticed that since Pets (maybe before also, but definately since Pets) Neighbourhood numbers get reused by the game where as before it would simply use the next in the sequence when creating a new Neighbourhood?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 06, 02:33:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have up to NL and it does that in my game.
I just had a thought after I typed that. I don't create a lot of 'hoods but with a sparkly new install, I deleted the default hoods unplayed so that may have something to do with my first hood being N001.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 06, 05:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, if ever you have n001 n002 n003 and delete n002 let me know if the next hood you make is n002 or noo4. It's definately re-using numbers in Pets and not in my Numenorian basegame.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 06, 05:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game reuses numbers, but not within a session. Meaning, if I have N001, N002, and N003 and delete N002, my next 'hood will still be N004. But if I quit after deleting N002 and start again, the new 'hood will be N002.
Lixa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 06, 15:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am very dumb - how do you unzip it? (and remove extra "funny files"(?))

I can't wait to play the new neighborhood! XD *excited!squee*
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 07, 03:57:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Winrar to unzip if you are on Windows, The Unarchiver if you're on Mac.

The funny files are some cache files the Mac OS use to display folders content, and which sometimes went archived with the rest. In Mac they're invisible, but in Windows will show like .DS_Store and ._MAC_OS_X_something. You can delete them if you wish, but even if you don't, they're totally harmless, both in Mac and Win, don't worry Wink.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 25, 16:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A side-update; I'm refining some details in this project: addeeded custom pics for old Pleasantview Weivtnasaelp story correction.
No need to redownload the neighborhood, just the pics - if you want custom ones; N020_neighborhood.png is the "title" pic, and may overwrite the old one, so you'll see the custom, instead, in neighborhood browser.

The others are in <path to documents folder>/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods/N020/Storytelling/. If you didn't deleted the preinstalled ones, just copy and paste the corresponding pics over the elders ones in any graphic program. If you have new stories already, use them if you wish for whatever use you want.

------
Sapnish
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2008 February 12, 19:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin this is nifty. (Yeah, I'm late on the wagon, shush)

I assume it's perfectly feasible to use your reversed townies to replace the default pleasantview townies, yes? If this is true...how would I do it without breaking my game?

i r taking personality test too.
i r ISTJ.
Lilwen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2008 February 12, 20:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This looks like fun, I will try it out tomorrow.

Life! should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!'
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2008 February 13, 15:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis hasn't been seen in weeks, if not months, and this thread has been dead for over a year.

Please don't ignore the NECROMANCY warnings, guys.

Feel free to start a new thread in the correct forum.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2008 February 14, 01:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In which case I will just answer the conversion question for him and hopefully head off the need to start a new thread on the subject.

Read SaraMK's thread on merging the hoods. There's a section on replacing the ID number of the Neighbourhood. Basically you need to copy the Neighbourhood number out of the default template PleasantView (N001) and replace WeivTnasaelp's ID number with it. Renumber all of WeivTnasaelp's N020 files & folders to N001. Then back up the template N001 and put in WeivTnasaelp. Any new hood created will get the reversed Townies etc.

missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2008 March 02, 22:31:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  it is fun to play this hood.

Don is Donna
Cassandra is Cameron
Mortimer is Margaret
Alexander is Alexandra
Nina is Nico
Dina is Deano
Brandi is Brandon
Dustin is Dusty
Beau is Belle
Daniel is Daniela
Mary-Sue is Matthew
Lilith is Lance
Angela is Aaron

I havent play the other families yet, but its fun.  Change the names either with Insim or Boolprop if you have Free Time.  Once you change the look with make over the thumbnail changes.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 April 04, 20:22:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck the necromancer Tongue.

Posting because of a big redo of this stuff. Original post updated to reflect the news.
More infos also in my LJ.

------
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 April 06, 18:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baaaah.  I will be using this soon.  I've already updated all the names.  Ben Long really does look nice as a girl.  I wish I could say the same of Godiva Gilscarbo.

rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2009 April 06, 18:56:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was bored of my Pleasantview (and I kind of suspect I may have fucked it up a long time ago by accident), so I deleted the N001 folder and replaced it with yours - however, I noticed that the Brokes all have a memory of "$Subject Died" rather than "Skip Died" and AFAIK this is a Bad Thing.  Is this a problem with your hood, or did I mess up installing it?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 April 06, 19:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rufio, that's very odd.  I'm actually using the earlier version, which was labelled as N020, and I checked "Brandi's" memories.  It definitely says "Skip Died," with a picture of Skip.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 April 07, 08:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue is caused by the fact that there are two duplicate "Skips", and if you purge the False Skip, you have to repoint the memory to the True Skip. Otherwise, memories pointing to the False Skip now point to a nonexistent NID.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 April 07, 21:45:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This issue is caused by the fact that there are two duplicate "Skips", and if you purge the False Skip, you have to repoint the memory to the True Skip. Otherwise, memories pointing to the False Skip now point to a nonexistent NID.

Yeah, that's why I repointed the memory to the true skip. I wonder if I did something wrong in the reupload, like, uploading a wrong rar. *goes checking*

EDIT:

Ok, I checked. It's weirder than I thought.
The memory has the correct pointing, in SimPE everything seems ok, in game it's $subject. The same is for Michael Bachelor, apparently; Darleen Dreamer is, instead, fine.
It seems that both Skip and Michael character files got borked (or already were) - the N001_User00090.package and N001_User00156.package: they have lost the fallback GUID and some other data in the OBJD are all 0x0; SimPE throws a fit if I click on the OBJD resource.
I reinserted the correct data in place, saved and re-check in SimPE: fine. Loaded the hood, still $subject; reopened in SimPE, they aren't there anymore.

Now I really don't know WTF to do, except for NOT resurrect Skip or Michael.
*returns to fiddle more*

EDIT2: On a side note, did anyone noticed before that the "Voice Type" value is always exactly the same of the guid_1 in sims' character file? Maybe it's NOT the voice type, after all?

« Last Edit: 2009 April 07, 23:56:12 by Marhis » Logged

------
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 April 08, 15:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this also cause problems if Brandi has his baby, since it is supposed to be genetically related to Skip now?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 April 08, 16:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very good point; I guess I'll have to try and then see what happens: the DNA is stored in the neighborhood file,  while the facial features are in the (borked) character file.
I still hope I can manage to fix it, though.

------
svic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 April 13, 12:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baby's father in my game is the Therapist. How can I fix that?
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 April 14, 16:03:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* ok, I checked and apparently both Skip and Michael Bachelor are borked: whatever I try, I'm not able to repair them. Checking the various backup I made during the conversion process, their character file got borked during the surgery. The rest of the hood seems ok. I would suggest, then, to not resurrect Skip or Michael, and kill the pregnancy token in Brandi; let their dead character files rest in peace (*pun!*).

In the meantime, I'm restarting the hood conversion from an earlier backup, so I can reapply the surgery again and see if this time those files go out fine or it's some sort of embedded major issue with the hood.

The baby's father in my game is the Therapist. How can I fix that?
Argh. Well, the best and safer option would be delete2 the baby and adjust the story accordingly (kidnapped by gnomes or something). If not, sever the family ties with SimPE or in game with the Sim Blender. I'm not sure if the baby really has inherited the Therapist's traits or if it's a simple placeholder due to the borkiness; I'm afraid it's quite easy to discover, though; if you age the baby up with cheats and you'll end screaming in horror for the result, well, then the father really is the Therapist Tongue

------
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: